Do You Think The Fast & Furious Scandal Is Worse Than Watergate Scandal?

They may not be Political, But they did just say today in no uncertain Terms that they Blame Obama and Holder for Covering up the Facts to Protect their own asses.

They're angry and frustrated. They just can't fathom the fact their Dad/Brother/Son was brutally slaughtered with weapons provided by their own Government. It has to be shockingly stressful for them.

I agree, and Watching the Hope and Change most Transparent President ever cover it up must be enraging.

Just very sad. I truly do feel for Brian Terry's Family.

I love that word "provided". It suggests such a friendly gesture. I'm sure you mean to use it to convey a fact. The US government happily gave the bad guys guns so that they could be used against Americans and innocent Mexicans. It is so obvious.

No, they happily gave them guns so they could be used to prove that guns are trafficked across the border into Mexico. Since that was all they cared about at the time, they didn't bother to take any precautions to make sure said guns were not later used against Americans or Mexicans.

Please feel free to explain why I shouldn't have a problem with that.

You should only have a problem with it if you think they had some magic mechanism to prevent the guns from killing people.

I think they should have done the same thing they did under Bush, take reasonable precautions to make sure the guns did not actually get used in a crime. Then again, I have standards.

I think a lot of people on the far right want it to be worse than the watergate scandal.

But.. "No."

On your scale people dying is not as bad as a bungled politically motivated burglary.

Good to know where you stand.

No. On my scale, illegal things are worse than non-illegal things.

So did the DOJ break the law with this botched sting?

Yes they did, fool. They distributed guns, or directed otheres to distribute guns, to people federal law probibits distributing guns to. Simple as that.
Before you go off on police stings and all, remember that while it is legal for police to lie to suspects and set up fake give aways to entice criminals into making themselves available for arrest, it is not legal for law enforcement to break the law.

No, they happily gave them guns so they could be used to prove that guns are trafficked across the border into Mexico. Since that was all they cared about at the time, they didn't bother to take any precautions to make sure said guns were not later used against Americans or Mexicans.

If what you just said were true, it would be worthy of your "problem". Would you like to amend your comments so that you would have a prayer of being able to substantiate them?

Nope.

Then you have no firm ground. You have lost it with the hyperbole. Way to go.

Pauline. Do you think anyone is buying your grieving for Brian Terry?

It's not even clear that he was killed by a gun-walked gun. There's nothing linking any of the guns involved in the operation to Terry's death, aside from some guns found in a house near the scene of the killing.

None of them have been linked to Terry.

BULLSHIT! Weapons found at Terry's murder scene were weapons Holder provided the cartels with. These weapons have also been found at countless other murder scenes in Mexico. So piss off you Obamabot degenerate.

Provide a link.

None of the forenics matched any gun walked guns..to Terry.

But go ahead.

Get a link.

You fascist anti-American Secessionist Paul Pond Scum.

It's not even clear that he was killed by a gun-walked gun. There's nothing linking any of the guns involved in the operation to Terry's death, aside from some guns found in a house near the scene of the killing.

That is a Bold Faced lie. Testing has Conclusively Proven the Gun that Killed Terry was a Fast and Furious Gun.

Link it.

You should only have a problem with it if you think they had some magic mechanism to prevent the guns from killing people.

I think they should have done the same thing they did under Bush, take reasonable precautions to make sure the guns did not actually get used in a crime. Then again, I have standards.

But they didn't do that under Bush. It just happened that no one got killed.

That's exactly what it is. Police has been running stings for decades.

In the context of your sentence Police is singular, so I can only assume you are referring to these people, who have a lead singer named Sting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs]The Police - Every Breath You Take - YouTube[/ame]

What law/laws did the DOJ break?

Are you familiar with Federal firearms regulations that prohibit selling weapons to non citizens and felons?

BULLSHIT! Weapons found at Terry's murder scene were weapons Holder provided the cartels with. These weapons have also been found at countless other murder scenes in Mexico. So piss off you Obamabot degenerate.

Provide a link.

None of the forenics matched any gun walked guns..to Terry.

But go ahead.

Get a link.

You fascist anti-American Secessionist Paul Pond Scum.

You're a putrid disgrace. Just defend your Dear Leader at all costs. Karma will be coming back around on Holder,Obama, and all of you Obamabots. Bet on that.

That is a Bold Faced lie. Testing has Conclusively Proven the Gun that Killed Terry was a Fast and Furious Gun.

Link it.

Latest Friday night document dump shows Holder was informed of Brian Terry

“The guns found in the desert near the murder BP officer connect back to the investigation we were going to talk about – they were AK-47s purchased at a Phoenix gun store,” Burke wrote to Wilkinson.

“I’ll call tomorrow,” Wilkinson responded.

And why haven't the guns found at the site of Terry's death been connected? Could it be that Justice doesn't WANT then connected?

to me it is the same thing, it is an elected offical abusing the laws of our country for their own end. This is not something new and the result won't be either. It is wrong (unlawful) and they should be put in jail but they won't. Nixon had to resign trying to save the party and Holder will just play the deny game of Obama will try to derail it.

I think it's a very interesting question. Most were very willing to crucify the President over Watergate. So what about 'Fast & Furious?' What do you think?

I've always had a different viewpoint on Watergate, Paulitician. I wrote a paper in college on my belief that Nixon's use of the "Plumbers" to try and spy on his political opposition was the direct result of Joe Kennedy using the Daley Machine in Chicago to steal the 1960 election.

As for Fast & Furious? The thing that bothers me most about the apparent goal of that failed operation is that Eric Holder and other members of this Administration appear to have had no qualms at all about putting the lives of Mexican nationals and our own citizens along the southern border at risk simply to bolster an argument for tougher gun control laws. That's really despicable behavior and I don't understand how ANYONE can look at what was done by the DOJ and defend these people. Flooding another country with weapons in order to gain a political advantage in passing legislation you want here? Who would do that? Eric Holder is not only an idiot for approving such an outrageous plan but is the ultimate coward for not accepting responsibility for it when Agent Brian Terry was killed and the program was exposed.

If what you just said were true, it would be worthy of your "problem". Would you like to amend your comments so that you would have a prayer of being able to substantiate them?

Nope.

Then you have no firm ground. You have lost it with the hyperbole. Way to go.

What's incredible here is that the very same people "outraged" over this..don't seem to have any "interest" in that there were so many other outrageous actions that have never been fully vetted.

Like 9/11. No one is interested about the failures there. On how a nation that was spending close to 600 billion dollars on national defense...couldn't defend against a small band of determined terrorists. And the 9/11 commission that did investigate, called in members of the Clinton administration..as well as the Bush administration. They wrapped it up in a little under a year. Close to 3000 Americans died in that fiasco.

Or Iraq. All the information that the Bush administration provided to the world..and this country..turned out to be completely wrong. Nothing happened to them. No investigation, nadda.

Or the financial meltdown. Aside for pouring in trillions to keep rich boys from going broke, NOTHING HAPPENED.

Or Valerie Plame. Very serious crime. Leaking the name of a covert agent. Aside from a lackey falling on his sword...not much happened.

This..however..jumps to the head of the line.

And not one Bush official is being called.

And this is being conducted by a man..who before he knew anythng about it..threatened to have investigations into what he called the most corrupt administration in history..every single day.

So is it little wonder why it's called "partisan bullshit"?

That's cause it is.

And why haven't the guns found at the site of Terry's death been connected? Could it be that Justice doesn't WANT then connected?

Latest Friday night document dump shows Holder was informed of Brian Terry

“The guns found in the desert near the murder BP officer connect back to the investigation we were going to talk about – they were AK-47s purchased at a Phoenix gun store,” Burke wrote to Wilkinson.

“I’ll call tomorrow,” Wilkinson responded.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back