Do you want to hear a ****ed up story?

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
A guy I know has been married for 9 years, let's call him "John". John was introduced to his wife, Amy, but a mutual friend, Steve. John and Amy were the perfect couple and had two sons. Amy then introduced Steve to her sister, Mary. Steve and Mary also hit it off well and also had two children of their own.

Over the years, the two happy couples have celebrated Christmas, Thanksgiving, birthdays, baptisms, first communions (yes, Catholic), have vacationed together, etc.

Great family, right?

One day, recently, John went to the doctor. To make a long story short, John learned that he's sterile and has always been sterile. John confronted Amy, who confessed that the father of their two children was actually Steve.

John moved out and is divorcing Amy. Needless to say, I feel horrible for John and their two children.

I can only wonder how many people, if they took DNA tests, would be shocked to learn that their mother, father, brother, sister, child, etc. is not related to them.

Last edited:
A guy I know has been married for 9 years, let's call him "John". John was introduced to his wife, Amy, but a mutual friend, Steve. John and Amy were the perfect couple and had two sons. Amy then introduced Steve to her sister, Mary. Steve and Mary also hit it off well and also had two children of their own.

Over the years, the two happy couples have celebrated Christmas, Thanksgiving, birthdays, baptisms, first communions (yes, Catholic), have vacationed together, etc.

Great family, right?

One day, recently, John went to the doctor. To make a long story short, John learned that he's sterile and has always been sterile. John confronted Amy, who confessed that the father of their two children was actually Steve.

John moved out and is divorcing Amy.

Needless to say, I feel horrible for John and their two children. I can only wonder how Steve was able to just go with the flow all these years, knowing that the two children who called him "uncle" were actually his own flesh and blood.

I can only wonder how many people, if they took DNA tests, would be shocked to learn that their mother, father, brother, sister, child, etc. is not related to them.
What will be even more screwed up will be that the courts will force John to pay child support for Steves children.

Great family, right?

John moved out and is divorcing Amy.

Needless to say, I feel horrible for John and their two children. I can only wonder how Steve was able to just go with the flow all these years, knowing that the two children who called him "uncle" were actually his own flesh and blood.

First World Problems. People are chopping off other people's heads and shootings in the streets are rampant, and this is all you can come up with?

:laughing0301:

How would Steve have known that John was sterile?

No doubt, he simply thought that they were both fucking Amy, and the kids could be either John's or his.

The long-term adultery is apalling, but as for parentage, who gives a shit?

BTW, children are irrebuttably presumed to be the child of the husband...sterility or not.

I never say no to a fucked-up anything. Story or otherwise. Anyway, that's a horrible, depressing story. I can't imagine how many years it will take for this poor, cuckolded guy to recover from this level of cruel backstabbing. That's just sad and I certainly wish the poor fellow the best in getting his life back together. It's very unfortunate that these shattering things happen to good people all the time and for no reason. I really wish I could say it wasn't true.

• Banned
What will be even more screwed up will be that the courts will force John to pay child support for Steves children.

John is beyond happy to pay for whatever those boys need. He loves them more than anything. He is, for sure, a FAR better father than Steve.

• Banned
I never say no to a fucked-up anything. Story or otherwise. Anyway, that's a horrible, depressing story. I can't imagine how many years it will take for this poor, cuckolded guy to recover from this level of cruel backstabbing. That's just sad and I certainly wish the poor fellow the best in getting his life back together. It's very unfortunate that these shattering things happen to good people all the time and for no reason. I really wish I could say it wasn't true.

I know the family well. To say that they are shell-shocked would be an incredible understatement. They are in disbelief. Amy's family, which is large, love John and are embarrassed and angry with Amy. In fact, they told Amy not to bother coming for her brother's wedding.

Yes, it is very, very sad.

• Banned

That was my erroneous conjecture in my OP, which I have edited out because, as you correctly surmised, Steve could not have known that John was sterile.

• Banned
First World Problems. People are chopping off other people's heads and shootings in the streets are rampant, and this is all you can come up with? :laughing0301:

Beheadings and shootings are far more common than what happened to this poor guy. What I just described is very rare.

First World Problems. People are chopping off other people's heads and shootings in the streets are rampant, and this is all you can come up with? :laughing0301:

Beheadings and shootings are far more common than what happened to this poor guy. What I just described is very rare.

What can I say except "glad it wasn't me."

John is beyond happy to pay for whatever those boys need. He loves them more than anything. He is, for sure, a FAR better father than Steve.
Good on him, but that still strikes Me a wrong. Particularly since his wife is a real piece of work. With a wife and friend like this, who needs enemies.

Great family, right?

John moved out and is divorcing Amy. Needless to say, I feel horrible for John and their two children.

That --- is an amazing story.. Perfect situation to have fixed it all above board and visible to everyone by artificial insemination. Lost that chance to be open and honest and continue the good life.

BTW, children are irrebuttably presumed to be the child of the husband...sterility or not.

How do you figure that? If you were correct -- Jerry Springer would not have had a career --- with his "YOU -- are NOT the father" line....

That's infidelity. Been the grounds for a divorce forever. The father is undoubtably not walking away from the kids in this case -- but legally he had no obligation to stay their father.

That was my erroneous conjecture in my OP, which I have edited out because, as you correctly surmised, Steve could not have known that John was sterile.

But Amy probably suspected it. Who knows whether it was planned or not. If you're "trying" for many years and can't get John to a fertility clinic, maybe she just "took things into her own hands" so to speak.. :ack-1:

How do you figure that? If you were correct -- Jerry Springer would not have had a career --- with his "YOU -- are NOT the father" line....

That's infidelity. Been the grounds for a divorce forever. The father is undoubtably not walking away from the kids in this case -- but legally he had no obligation to stay their father.

I'm not a family law attorney, but it's my understanding that, at least in some states, any child of the marriage is the shared responsibility of the couple, regardless of whether the man is the biological father or not.

But Amy probably suspected it. Who knows whether it was planned or not. If you're "trying" for many years and can't get John to a fertility clinic, maybe she just "took things into her own hands" so to speak.. :ack-1:

That's possible, but thus far, nobody knows what was or is in Amy's head. Hell, maybe Amy was banging multiple guys.

Forum List

Back