Doctor Returning from West Africa was not Screen on her Return to the States

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
A former U.S. Navy doctor and expert in infectious diseases said the West African outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus will be contained only if all ports of entry in the region are adequately screening for infected carriers.
The scary part is that on her return she stated:
"In my case, I was in transit to the U.S. and so I wasn't screened in Europe and I wasn't screened in Miami and, although I happen to know I am safe, the U.S. should have at least inquired about my situation,"
Remember this was a Doctor that was in the middle of the hot zone setting up a special quarantined field hospital for treating infected patients. She also traveled to several states in the African country to track possible cases, train border personnel and assess the overall situation.
NowI bet that makes you feel all secure and safe!
U.S. doctor gives assessment of Ebola crisis after trip to West Africa - Catholic Courier

That is absolutely incredible that she was not even screened, Desperado. This level of negligence almost seems intentional!

I don't get a warm and fuzzy when I read stories like this. Check this one out.

They all said they were coming back from covering the ebola outbreak.

CNN Reporter: ‘Shocked And Pretty Horrified At The Lack Of Screening’ For Ebola In US Airports
October 7, 2014 10:19 AM

From the story:

“I said, ‘I’m a journalist. I’ve come back from Liberia, I was covering Ebola.’ And the gentleman who was helping me – the officer – he started to hand my passport back and said, ‘Welcome home,’ but instead said, ‘Wait a second, I got an email about passengers like you. Hold on a second.’”

Cohen continued: “And he went and conferred with someone and he didn’t know and they conferred with someone else. And in the end he said, ‘You need to watch yourself for signs of Ebola.’ And I said, ‘Well, what am I watching out for?’ and he couldn’t tell me.”

Cohen’s producer and photojournalist were also not told of the signs to check for.

“I was travelling with two colleagues – a photojournalist and a producer – and they weren’t told anything and they also said they were journalists who had been covering Ebola,” Cohen told HLN. “So we were all kind of shocked and pretty horrified at the lack of screening in U.S. airports.”

CNN Reporter 8216 Shocked And Pretty Horrified At The Lack Of Screening 8217 For Ebola In US Airports CBS Atlanta

Benghazi was caused by a YouTube video. Bergdahl served with honor and distinction. Turkey is allowing the US to use their bases. Ebola is nothing to worry about

The Obama administration couldn't make a right choice even of you ran it into the White House in person.

Forum List

Back