Doctor tortures/waterboards daughter

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Waterboarding Charges Against Delaware Doctor Who Tortured Young Daughter - ABC News

A Delaware pediatrician who writes about near-death experiences of children and has appeared on "Oprah" is accused of waterboarding his 11-year-old daughter for two years, according to Delaware State Police.

Dr. Melvin Morse, 58, and his wife Pauline, 40, were arrested Tuesday, a day after their daughter told a child advocate that her father had "waterboarded" her four times between May 2009 and May 2011 while her mother watched and did nothing to stop the abuse, Cpl. Gary Fournier told ABC News.

Delaware's Child Advocacy Center first became aware of the girl, whose name has not been disclosed, following a July 12 incident in which Morse was charged with third-degree assault for allegedly pulling his daughter out of a car, dragging her across a gravel driveway and spanking her in their Sussex County home, Fournier said.

The girl reported that incident to a neighbor who called police, Fournier said. Morse was later released from custody after he posted $750 in bail.

She later told the child advocate about the alleged waterboarding, police said, triggering the parents' arrest on Tuesday.

The Morses each face two counts of endangering the welfare of a child, a second-degree felony conspiracy charge and four counts of felony first-degree reckless endangering for the alleged waterboarding incidents.

As a method of disciplining his daughter, Morse held her face under a running faucet, causing the water to go up her nose, Fournier said.

Some people should not be allowed to have children.

And some people will say, wth? Its not like waterboarding is torture and beating up on kids is a good thing.

Doctor gets prison for 'waterboarding' stepdaughter | World | News | Toronto Sun

Prosecutors in Sussex County Superior Court accused Morse of preventing the girl from bathing, suffocating her with water and denying her access to a bathroom.

"Never did I know I would cause this amount of pain to the people that I love," said Morse, 60, who spoke at his sentencing in the packed courtroom.

He then turned to the girl, who was sitting next to her foster parents, and asked for forgiveness.

"None of this is your fault ... and I hope that someday you can forgive me. I have caused unmeasurable suffering," said Morse. "I am so sorry."

The conservatives should be okay with this because they don't believe that waterboarding is torture.

The conservatives should be okay with this because they don't believe that waterboarding is torture.

What do you think Obama is doing?

President Obama has closed the CIA’s “black sites,” its secret prisons where American agents once dirtied their hands with waterboarding and wall slamming. But via rendition -- the sending of terrorist suspects to the prisons of countries that torture -- and related policies, his administration has outsourced human rights abuse to Afghanistan, Somalia, and elsewhere. In this way, he has avoided the political stigma of torture, while tacitly tolerating such abuses and harvesting whatever intelligence can be gained from them.

Alfred W. McCoy: Impunity at Home, Rendition Abroad

Renditions continue under Obama, despite due-process concerns

Renditions continue under Obama, despite due-process concerns - The Washington Post

Exclusive: Lawyer says Guantanamo abuse worse since Obama

Exclusive: Lawyer says Guantanamo abuse worse since Obama | Reuters

Anyone who messes with kids, to me, should serve the maximum sentence for whatever it is that they do to the kids. :mad: :mad: :mad:

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Waterboarding Charges Against Delaware Doctor Who Tortured Young Daughter - ABC News

A Delaware pediatrician who writes about near-death experiences of children and has appeared on "Oprah" is accused of waterboarding his 11-year-old daughter for two years, according to Delaware State Police.

Dr. Melvin Morse, 58, and his wife Pauline, 40, were arrested Tuesday, a day after their daughter told a child advocate that her father had "waterboarded" her four times between May 2009 and May 2011 while her mother watched and did nothing to stop the abuse, Cpl. Gary Fournier told ABC News.

Delaware's Child Advocacy Center first became aware of the girl, whose name has not been disclosed, following a July 12 incident in which Morse was charged with third-degree assault for allegedly pulling his daughter out of a car, dragging her across a gravel driveway and spanking her in their Sussex County home, Fournier said.

The girl reported that incident to a neighbor who called police, Fournier said. Morse was later released from custody after he posted $750 in bail.

She later told the child advocate about the alleged waterboarding, police said, triggering the parents' arrest on Tuesday.

The Morses each face two counts of endangering the welfare of a child, a second-degree felony conspiracy charge and four counts of felony first-degree reckless endangering for the alleged waterboarding incidents.

As a method of disciplining his daughter, Morse held her face under a running faucet, causing the water to go up her nose, Fournier said.

Some people should not be allowed to have children.

And some people will say, wth? Its not like waterboarding is torture and beating up on kids is a good thing.

Looks like we have to outlaw doctors now.:eusa_whistle:

Thread moved to more appropriate forum and pruned of all the off-topic crap.

Keep it relevant, kids.

Carry on.

Some people are sadistic towards their family members....I don't spank my kids....and they turned out okay...

Isn't there "some difference" between waterboarding suspected terrorists
(to give up information to save more lives)
and nearly drowning a child as a form of child abuse?

The closest thing to "child abuse" that might be justified in wartime
is an order to raid a house and shoot every person, man woman or child,
without any due process or checking them first,
because they are assumed to be strapped with bombs.

So if innocent civilians including children are killed as "collateral damage" in warfare,
that is written off as the "cost of war," and those people are not
considered or treated with equal respect as the military who serve or die in war.

There was another country that ended a hostage siege by killing
the hostages along with the terrorists, and they criticized America
for not doing what it takes to get rid of terrorism. Is this what you mean?

As for conservatives and liberals, the cons ask similar questions
of why liberals are against killing babies after they are born,
but not while they are still in the womb.

Some liberals will oppose treating the killing of an unborn baby as a murder
because they don't want those legal arguments to be used against abortion.

Could this be the "liberal equivalent" of what you are asking about conservatives?

Last edited:

You took the words right out of my mouth. Why is the kid complaining? A little "enhanced interrogation"? Big deal. Get Dick Cheney on the line - he'll clear it all up.

Your comments remind me of what people say about liberals
in cases where unborn babies are killed by assault or murder of the mother.

Liberals are criticized for objecting to counting the babies as legal persons "murdered,"
because they fear it would weaken their prochoice arguments for abortion.

More concerned for making political arguments and defense
than for the welfare of the children or mothers.

Depends upon who you do it to. If it's an innocent kid, it's torture. If it's an islimist terrorist fascist, it's OK.

They'd think it was okay on someone who just looked like a Muslim.

I heard of it used in the case where they got one of the terrorists to reveal
information to get Osama Bin Laden. They already knew the man they caught was
involved, and not just "someone who looked Muslim."

Did they really use this "indiscriminantly" on "anyone who looks Muslim"?
I thought it was just specific cases where they caught a specific terrorist
and were seeking specific information.

What are you referring to or citing from?

Forum List

Back