Doctors driven to bankruptcy

By Parija Kavilanz @CNNMoney April 8, 2013

My doctors tell me it's the high cost of administrative staff and lower paybacks from insurance that's worrying them. They have to see more patients, limiting the time they can spend with each,

Read more @ Doctors driven to bankruptcy - Apr. 8, 2013

It's true that many solo practices cannot make it on their own anymore. This is why many doctors are joining larger practices with other doctors, so they don't have to go it alone. They can share nursing and administrative staff to help lower those costs and increase the profitability of their time as well as minimize the cost of office space.

This really isn't a horrible thing; it's just an adjustment that they need to make. Many businesses merge in order to become more efficient and cost effective.

One of the goals of obamacare. It's another obama success.

It has nothing to do with Obama. This has been going on for the last 20 years.

Insurance companies, medicare and medicaid all pay less for claims. They all require more paperwork (in an effort to reduce fraud supposedly).

My wife works in a surgeons office who needs 4 secretaries to manage the paperwork for one doctor.

Obamacare might actually help long term as it has provisions in there for going to electronic record keeping and billing.

This could also be one of the big benefits of going to single payer. One insurer paying the bills eliminates a lot of that.

Last edited:
they could solve that problem by joining in to Obamacare socialized medicine and collect a salary without the expense of an office, staff and malpractice insurance. When they stop taking medicare an medicaid they are bound to go bankrupt. Because over half of the patients are those. ObamaCare give them more patients and that means more money as it now stand. Straight Medicare and Medicaid is flocking to Country Clinics and that means more money for the government and crowding. Doctors are on staff and are paid a salary and they are happy. I am very happy with my Clinic Doctor because she has the time to treat me.
There is also a medical group that make house calls and avoid the overhead and still in business. Staff work at home doing paper work on computers.I also keep my medical records on scan disc. get copies of all my lab and test results. with me at all times and save time. include my medical history because when I have a MS flare up I cannot remember my meds and medical history which is important info that do not have to be looked up.

Last edited:
Understandable during a recession because people do not have the money to go to the doctor so they us ER and even those with medical coverage cannot afford to go. Cut backs in all areas of healthcare occur. affecting doctors. reason to have ObamaCare and have the government share in the expense. meaning taxpayers pay a little more? This too will pass so lets all chip in. Because if you have a problem it overflows to me and mine.

One of the goals of obamacare. It's another obama success.

That's what he gets for following a Heritage Foundation/Republican health care plan. These people are tards.

Guess it's better than nothing at all. Which is the goal behind "Let him die".

Forum List

Back