Zone1 Does anyone else here believe (as I do) that ALL who ever lived will live forever with God in his kingdom?

Jesus said--Enter through the narrow gate, for cramped is the road that leads off into life(be saved) FEW are the ones finding it. For MANY have entered the broad and spacious path that leads to destruction.
When Jesus' teachings do not match ones teachers-RUN FROM THEM.

What does this mean to you?

1 Timothy 4:10 says, "For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe".

Why is it foolish IYHO?

1 Corinthians 1:18 English Standard Version 2016 (ESV)For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

According to the scriptures, Jesus will return and then rule this world for a thousand years along with all of his followers, who he will resurrect upon returning. The wicked, however, will remain dead in the ground while their souls are in the "Lake of Fire", aka "Hell".
Faithful believers NEVER truly die because our souls go straight to Heaven to be with God. Everyone else goes to Hell, for a period of time.

Hell, however, is a place of refinement, correction, and restoration. The belief that God pointlessly tortures people forever is ridiculous and, most importantly, unbiblical.

It's difficult for rich people and for wicked people to go into Heaven. In this world they are served and catered to. In the hereafter they're going to suffer big time and for a long time, or so I believe, based on the scriptures.
I guess my problem is I can’t believe that the scriptures are truthful and accurate.

We can watch something with our own eyes and then find 5 different accounts written about it all telling different stories.

If there one thing we should know about human it’s that they are very flawed and shouldn’t be blindly trusted

The fire itself is only for a period of time? Or time in the fire is only for a period of time?

The purification process in the Lake of Fire is for a period of time. In the end, ALL who ever lived, even Satan and his angels, will repent and serve Jesus. That will conclude the ages and Jesus's rule over the kingdom. Then, ALL will be loyal to God and will live with him in his new kingdom in a new "Earth". At least that's what the scriptures say.

The Catholic Church, along with most Christian denominations, erroneously teach forever punishment.

1 Corinthians 1:18 English Standard Version 2016 (ESV)For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

According to the scriptures, Jesus will return and then rule this world for a thousand years along with all of his followers, who he will resurrect upon returning. The wicked, however, will remain dead in the ground while their souls are in the "Lake of Fire", aka "Hell".
Faithful believers NEVER truly die because our souls go straight to Heaven to be with God. Everyone else goes to Hell, for a period of time.

Hell, however, is a place of refinement, correction, and restoration. The belief that God pointlessly tortures people forever is ridiculous and, most importantly, unbiblical.
That interpretation seems to vary depending on which Christian you are talking to.

But not everyone does believe

But they will, just as soon as God grants them the ability to repent and follow Jesus. Only people permitted by God to believe can believe.

That interpretation seems to vary depending on which Christian you are talking to.

Mainstream Christianity misunderstand the scriptures and God's nature and I'm talking about the Pope, and 99 out of every 100 church preachers.

But they will, just as soon as God grants them the ability to repent and follow Jesus. Only people permitted by God to believe can believe.
Ok if you say so

But thats just your illusion

I refuse to share heaven with Wesleyan Evangelical Methodists...

... burn in Hell, heretics!

I guess my problem is I can’t believe that the scriptures are truthful and accurate.

We can watch something with our own eyes and then find 5 different accounts written about it all telling different stories.

If there one thing we should know about human it’s that they are very flawed and shouldn’t be blindly trusted

My brother, faith is a gift from God. Nobody goes to Hell because they are unsure if God is real.

After studying the Bible and then looking at the world around me, there is no question for me that God is real.

As for the scriptures, I believe they are mostly accurate but some Bible versions are better translated than others. But the general story that the Bible tells is essentially correct.

I refuse to share heaven with Wesleyan Evangelical Methodists...

... burn in Hell, heretics!

You will see Golda Meir and Heinrich Himmler playing Pictionary together.

I always refer to the scriptures. A lot of people believe and teach false doctrines taught to them by well-intentioned but mistaken, fellow Christians.

Ok if you say so

God grants people the ability to believe and the ability to repent. It's not my "illusion"; it's what God told us.

2 Timothy 2:25

English Standard Version

25 correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth,

Ok if you say so

Here are more:

Acts 5:31
Verse Concepts
He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 11:18
Verse Concepts
When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, “Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life.”

2 Timothy 2:25
Verse Concepts
with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,

Romans 2:4
Verse Concepts
Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

2 Peter 3:9
Verse Concepts
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

Source: 5 Bible verses about God Gives Repentance

My brother, faith is a gift from God. Nobody goes to Hell because they are unsure if God is real.

After studying the Bible and then looking at the world around me, there is no question for me that God is real.

As for the scriptures, I believe they are mostly accurate but some Bible versions are better translated than others. But the general story that the Bible tells is essentially correct.
In my mind faith is a human coping mechanism and tactic used by religious institutions to garner support for things they can not prove.

As for scriptures, any inaccuracies result in discrediting the entire body. IMO. Still much can be gained from studying it but there will always be a seed of doubt in regards to the accuracy of any given statement that can’t be verified with evidence

No offense intended towards your belief system. I’m glad you found something that makes you happy and full of purpose.

In my mind faith is a human coping mechanism and tactic used by religious institutions to garner support for things they can not prove.

As for scriptures, any inaccuracies result in discrediting the entire body. IMO. Still much can be gained from studying it but there will always be a seed of doubt in regards to the accuracy of any given statement that can’t be verified with evidence

No offense intended towards your belief system. I’m glad you found something that makes you happy and full of purpose.

As part of my studies I studied the concept of God being a refiner. I searched the Bible (using online search engines) to find verses that relate to refining. I noticed that scripture authors from different regions and different eras frequently and consistently referred to God in refining terms. I asked myself, if the scriptures aren't from God, how then did all of those authors share the same message? Only God can do that.

As part of my studies I studied the concept of God being a refiner. I searched the Bible (using online search engines) to find verses that relate to refining. I noticed that scripture authors from different regions and different eras frequently and consistently referred to God in refining terms. I asked myself, if the scriptures aren't from God, how then did all of those authors share the same message? Only God can do that.
Perhaps but there are also many moral lessons that share common elements from all religions and also from just observing life. It’s not really a surprise that many of these lessons are shared.

Forum List

Back