Zone1 Does anyone else here believe (as I do) that ALL who ever lived will live forever with God in his kingdom?

Yes, He is the savior of ALL people in the sense that ALL people have the opportunity for salvation.
Wrong. Jesus is the savior of ALL people because he saves ALL people.

Here is the literal translation of that verse.

1 Timothy 4:10 CLNT
10 (for for this are we toiling and being reproached), that we rely on the living God, Who is the Saviour of all mankind, especially of believers.

Most Christians reject that belief, in spite of the strong biblical argument for universal reconciliation. Do you share my belief? If not, why not?
A lot will, some won't. It is what it is. I doubt I'll dwell in The Lord's house. I'm OK with the 2nd tier down. It's better than right now. :dunno:

Wrong. Jesus is the savior of ALL people because he saves ALL people.

Here is the literal translation of that verse.

1 Timothy 4:10 CLNT
10 (for for this are we toiling and being reproached), that we rely on the living God, Who is the Saviour of all mankind, especially of believers.

Again, your interpretation goes against tons of other clear scriptures. You keep going back to that one scripture, which is why I said that basing your doctrine on one scripture is dangerous, and that is what always leads to false doctrine.

Again, you're free to believe what you want, but don't act as if it is Christian doctrine. It isn't.

A lot will, some won't. It is what it is. I doubt I'll dwell in The Lord's house. I'm OK with the 2nd tier down. It's better than right now. :dunno:

The Bible says ALL will follow Jesus and then all will dwell with God in his kingdom.

The Apostle Paul said that Jesus saves ALL people. Should I believe you or him?

1 Timothy 4:10
For to this end we toil and strive,[a] because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of ALL people, especially of those who believe.
Jesus' life, death, and resurrection redeemed the whole world, opening the way of salvation to all.

No one is being forced to live the way of salvation and no one will be forced into the kingdom of God. Those who choose evil separate themselves from God. They love the darkness and God is light.

The Bible says ALL will follow Jesus and then all will dwell with God in his kingdom.
In the kingdom don't mean in his house, brah.

Same neighborhood maybe.

"In the house of The Lord Forever" may not be something I achieve.

Jesus' life, death, and resurrection redeemed the whole world, opening the way of salvation to all.

No one is being forced to live the way of salvation and no one will be forced into the kingdom of God. Those who choose evil separate themselves from God. They love the darkness and God is light.

I don't dispute any of that.

Again, you're free to believe what you want, but don't act as if it is Christian doctrine
Correct. Most Christians follow the worldly understanding of God and his nature.

Is it really your theology that God created beings knowing that he would mercilessly torture them forever? That's your theology?

jesus-weeping-766878.jpg

In the kingdom don't mean in his house, brah.

Same neighborhood maybe.

"In the house of The Lord Forever" may not be something I achieve.

Sorry, I thought you were responding seriously.

Dude, I talk to Christians all the time and the majority of them believe that God tortures people in Hell forever.
Talking to Christians all the time differs from talking to all Christians. Yes, there are some who believe God actively tortures people. It seems atheists learned this as well. Catholics are taught hell is separation from God which one chooses. It is not forced upon them.

Catholics are taught hell is separation from God which one chooses.
Yes, I know what they teach about Hell. I quoted their catechism in my article about why I left Catholicism. Anyway, their teaching about Hell is erroneous. They are blind and haven't the faintest clue about God. They are of the world.

Yes, I know what they teach about Hell. I quoted their catechism in my article about why I left Catholicism. Anyway, their teaching about Hell is erroneous. They are blind and haven't the faintest clue about God. They are of the world.
Why do you say that?

Ok. Give me one.

Others have already brought up a few, like Matthew 7:13-14 "narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

Also, Matthew 7:21, which was also brought up. "Not everyone who says Lord Lord will enter the kingdom of Heaven...." Also, Daniel 12:2. And many more, if I were to take the time to compile them all.

But I'm not the one making the claim here, you are. So the onus is on you to back up each of your claims with scripture. You keep going back to that one, which was already addressed.

Others have already brought up a few, like Matthew 7:13-14 "narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
So that verse says that people are punished FOREVER in some torture chamber? Again, it's your theology that Jesus tortures people forever?

20230814_014106.jpg

Forum List

Back