Does anyone have a plan for long term employment recovery?

Another way to look at less manpower needed to make less goods is that it's much closer to reaching the end of scarcity. This would probably provide a strong footing for Marxist-ish arguments, since it removes of the significant constraints on idea. One could envision an economic system similar to the one of the Star Trek series.

WOW now you got me thinking of how the star wars or star trek economic system works. In the t.v. series you only seen a few people aboard that ship of 428.... what did they do? and it is funny that captain pikes crew was only 203.... so was it technology in the future that will still dimish labor? lol. interesting glad you brought it up

if technology eliminated jobs the Fed would not be waiting for unemployment to go back down to 6% and unemployment would have reached 90% after 2000 years of technological growth. I suppose Bernanke may know about the law of supply and demand.

For a self-proclaimed economics genius, you sure don't know anything about it.

Are Technology Improvements Contractionary?

WOW now you got me thinking of how the star wars or star trek economic system works. In the t.v. series you only seen a few people aboard that ship of 428.... what did they do? and it is funny that captain pikes crew was only 203.... so was it technology in the future that will still dimish labor? lol. interesting glad you brought it up

if technology eliminated jobs the Fed would not be waiting for unemployment to go back down to 6% and unemployment would have reached 90% after 2000 years of technological growth. I suppose Bernanke may know about the law of supply and demand.

For a self-proclaimed economics genius, you sure don't know anything about it.

Are Technology Improvements Contractionary?

please state major point of article with which you agree!. Thanks.
Does it say more technology negates the law of supply and demand? Thanks

It would first help if you understood how supply and demand work.

please tell me. Thanks and please state major point of article with which you agree, if you can!. Thanks.
Does it say more technology negates the law of supply and demand? Thanks

or, we could try capitalism!! Under capitalism supply equals demand such that the supply of jobs equals the demand for jobs!!

Ever wonder why Ford, for example, *only supplies the number of cars that people demand??? To make money they must obey the law of supply and demand!!

Come back when you've completed an ECON 100 course. If you can't find one at your local community college, you can use the book I linked to. *When you get stuck on the math, just ask. *I'll be glad to help.

can you say why the law of supply and demand does not work?? Please try. Thank you.

Can you describe a Cournot Equinibrium of n Firms and explain how this compares to the pricing of products in a perfectly competitivd market? Bonus points if you can present the equilibrium model for a duopoly.

Come back when you've completed an ECON 100 course. If you can't find one at your local community college, you can use the book I linked to. *When you get stuck on the math, just ask. *I'll be glad to help.

can you say why the law of supply and demand does not work?? Please try. Thank you.

Can you describe a Cournot Equinibrium of n Firms and explain how this compares to the pricing of products in a perfectly competitivd market? Bonus points if you can present the equilibrium model for a duopoly.

but why change the subject??????? For 4th time, can you say why the law of supply and demand does not work in regards to employment?? Please try. Thank you

Another way to look at less manpower needed to make less goods is that it's much closer to reaching the end of scarcity. This would probably provide a strong footing for Marxist-ish arguments, since it removes of the significant constraints on idea. One could envision an economic system similar to the one of the Star Trek series.

The economy in Star Wars seems to function a lot like our own (though, admittedly, I don't have much knowledge of the expanded universe of the novels, etc.). As for Star Trek, the people who served on starships were largely there because they wanted to be there.

what? and yea I do admit before the internet I used to read books fiction and non fiction like crazy, I could go through a 300 page book in like 2 days. And what the heck what are you saying? the federation paid folks to be on the USS Enterprise just for the heck of it?

The economy in Star Wars seems to function a lot like our own (though, admittedly, I don't have much knowledge of the expanded universe of the novels, etc.). As for Star Trek, the people who served on starships were largely there because they wanted to be there.

what? and yea I do admit before the internet I used to read books fiction and non fiction like crazy, I could go through a 300 page book in like 2 days. And what the heck what are you saying? the federation paid folks to be on the USS Enterprise just for the heck of it?

No, I was saying that the people on the Enterprise serve for the heck of it. Adventure, duty, community. In the settled areas of Federation space, we largely see people living lives of leisure.

but why change the subject??????? For 4th time, can you say why the law of supply and demand does not work in regards to employment?? Please try. Thank you

And for my 1st time supply and demand..... is not what you think it seems. you do know there is a profession called salesmen and women dont ya? they could sell ice to an eskimo. wake up would you please?

its complex supply and demand are not absolutes..... if it was we would have a device that could defy gravity, beause their is a demand for it....... I would like one....

And for my 1st time supply and demand....
thank you

is not what you think it seems. you do know there is a profession called salesmen and women dont ya?

yes

they could sell ice to an eskimo.

ok lets assume they could, and??????????????????????

wake up would you please?

????have you demonstrated that the law of supply and demand does not apply to employment??? If so could you explain it again but in an easier to understand manner. Thank you

No, I was saying that the people on the Enterprise serve for the heck of it. Adventure, duty, community. In the settled areas of Federation space, we largely see people living lives of leisure.

thanx I thought we were on the same page.... we just came from different backgrounds to get there.

It has probably already been said but, in spite of the Rs obstruction and filibustering, the economy is growing, the DOW is way up, there are more jobs every month and the debt is way down.

Makes me wish the damn R would go to work FOR the United States instead of against.
417889_579319225423280_685502460_n.jpg

941663_577295842292285_479166287_n.png

AND, we pay for his tanning bed and his health insurance. When he gets skin cancer, we'll pay for that too.

its complex supply and demand are not absolutes..... if it was we would have a device that could defy gravity, beause their is a demand for it....... I would like one....

It seems you have demonstrated once again that the law of supply and demand does not apply to employment, and that once again the demonstration went over my head.

Would you be kind enough to try again, but this time in a manner easier to understand. Thank you in advance

197656_578187785536424_1776204648_n.jpg

Thanks to their gerrymandering and voter suppression, this scumbag will never have to work for a living. He will be feeding at the public trough until he dies.

308610_578190448869491_96328999_n.jpg

He wants to gut the food stamp program that mostly goes to the elderly and very young children.

For a self-proclaimed economics genius,
if I ever proclaimed that I will pay you $10,000. Please lets make a bet? Let me know or merely let your silence speak for you. Thank you for considering my proposal to set the record straight.

you sure don't know anything about it.

I wonder, would you be kind enough to point out the best example of what I don't know about. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
308610_578190448869491_96328999_n.jpg

He wants to gut the food stamp program that mostly goes to the elderly and very young children.

probably he wants to gut all the ever growing liberal welfare programs before most Americans are too crippled to work and contribute to society.

As Reagan said, "welfare is a form of slavery."

CDZ violation.

Last edited:

thanx I thought we were on the same page.... we just came from different backgrounds to get there.

Uh... Star Trek and the Enterprise are science
fiction. It's not real.

Forum List

Back