Does anyone think Trump can turn his campaign around

and if they do, what will it look like. His campaign de jour looks like what Jeb would do.

Turn it around into what? Are they telling him to fake it to get more votes? What do they mean by that?

He really needs to focus his speeches into something like a flowing coherent argument for or against something other than random off the cuff Hillary jabs/Trump praises. He needs to talk about concrete policies and why that is the right way to go in more depth.

Yeah but he hasnt...Do you know why? Because he cant.

He's a sales guy...not a policy or details guy.

Maybe, but so were Reagan and Obama when it came to actually "leading".

Ahh the old "everything is like everything else" bullshit. You think that just by saying others are like Trump that now that is the truth? Sorry...

The soundbite thing will serve him well in the debates, but if he wants to swing people on the margins, he really needs to make an argument that contains more words than a tweet.

He cant...that is not who he is. He was actually promoting this weekend how knowing less is a good thing. AND HE SAID IT OUT LOUD TO A CHEERING CROWD! :badgrin:

Be prepared for months of "discarded Trump votes" and "hacked voting machine" stories. I also predict that Karl Rove will appear on TV with "proof" that Romney won Ohio. :biggrin:

Be prepared for months of "discarded Trump votes" and "hacked voting machine" stories. I also predict that Karl Rove will appear on TV with "proof" that Romney won Ohio. :biggrin:
So you are expecting a replay of what the Democrats did in 2000?

I doubt if Trump has the fortitude to fight till the end

Hillary has opened a YUUUGE lead and Trump will need to make some serious changes in his campaign and start putting out a major effort to win back swing states

I suspect he will coast to the finish and take his beating, while he brings down the downticket Republicans with him
I believe Trump has the stubbornness and narcissism to stay until the very end.

And he won't concede on election night. He'll wait for every vote to be cast.

I think Trump will stay to the end, but his heart won't be in it once Hillary opens an insurmountable lead
He will pout, claim he really won, accuse Hillary and the media of cheating him

But his campaign is toast
Think again. Polls of likely voters show Clinton has only a slight lead over Trump. In fact, the latest LA Times poll, 7/31 to 8/6, of likely voters shows it as only 1%.

Why choose the outlier to tout?

RealClearPolitics - 2016 Latest Polls

The only way he could do that is if he got all of Hillary's big corporate donors. That could turn it around by quite a lot.

I doubt if Trump has the fortitude to fight till the end

Hillary has opened a YUUUGE lead and Trump will need to make some serious changes in his campaign and start putting out a major effort to win back swing states

I suspect he will coast to the finish and take his beating, while he brings down the downticket Republicans with him
I believe Trump has the stubbornness and narcissism to stay until the very end.

And he won't concede on election night. He'll wait for every vote to be cast.

I think Trump will stay to the end, but his heart won't be in it once Hillary opens an insurmountable lead
He will pout, claim he really won, accuse Hillary and the media of cheating him

But his campaign is toast
Think again. Polls of likely voters show Clinton has only a slight lead over Trump. In fact, the latest LA Times poll, 7/31 to 8/6, of likely voters shows it as only 1%.

Why choose the outlier to tout?

RealClearPolitics - 2016 Latest Polls
It is not an outlier. All the polls of likely voters show Hillary's lead is small. The LA Times poll is simply the latest.

Sadly the exit polls saying Gore one did more accurately reflect how people tried to vote than did the actual vote. And I voted for W because I thought Gore might do something horribly and hugely wrong. Imagine if he'd been worse than W. LOL

Does anyone think Trump can turn his campaign around

He's polling at 2% among black voters, 26% among Hispanics and he's behind 23 points with women overall. Dems will be pushing a huge turnout this Fall that even "strange roadblocks on the day of election" or "suddenly diminished number of polling places" won't overcome. And we still have three months of Trump's unbelievable escalating insanity for the GOP to do 24/7 damage control on...which BTW provide an unending stream of choices for Hillary's TV commercial teams to compose deadly ads against Trump with..

So, all in all I'd say "not an ice cube's chance in Hell" for Trump. The GOP needs to turn its focus now on how to save Congressional hopefuls who will be getting spanked hard in maybe even more than just close races? That's where I'd focus after reading the Trump campaign last rites.

There is nothing that needs to be turned around. Trump is going to win this election. You Liberals won't vote for him, but then so what.

Sadly the exit polls saying Gore one did more accurately reflect how people tried to vote than did the actual vote. And I voted for W because I thought Gore might do something horribly and hugely wrong. Imagine if he'd been worse than W. LOL
Gore probably would have had to check into a psychiatric hospital again for his depression at the first crisis.

Is that like when the only story that ever existed between 2001 and 2007 was about how Bush stole the election with broken chads and all of that crap?

He is awesomely reading his economics speech. His description of how awful America's economy is and will be under Clinton is tremendous.

Muted applause......except when he talked about dept-exploding tax cuts.

Be prepared for months of "discarded Trump votes" and "hacked voting machine" stories. I also predict that Karl Rove will appear on TV with "proof" that Romney won Ohio.
Is that like when the only story that ever existed between 2001 and 2007 was about how Bush stole the election with broken chads and all of that crap?
Exactly like that. The Republicans aren't noted for their originality. Look at all the lame "Communists back Hillary" posts we've been seeing on the board lately. :laugh2:

Forum List

Back