Does anyone think Trump can turn his campaign around

I doubt if Trump has the fortitude to fight till the end

Hillary has opened a YUUUGE lead and Trump will need to make some serious changes in his campaign and start putting out a major effort to win back swing states

I suspect he will coast to the finish and take his beating, while he brings down the downticket Republicans with him
I believe Trump has the stubbornness and narcissism to stay until the very end.

And he won't concede on election night. He'll wait for every vote to be cast.

I think Trump will stay to the end, but his heart won't be in it once Hillary opens an insurmountable lead
He will pout, claim he really won, accuse Hillary and the media of cheating him

But his campaign is toast
Think again. Polls of likely voters show Clinton has only a slight lead over Trump. In fact, the latest LA Times poll, 7/31 to 8/6, of likely voters shows it as only 1%.

Polls of swing states show Hillary taking the vast majority while Trump needs to take 75% of the vote

and if they do, what will it look like. His campaign de jour looks like what Jeb would do.
We still have the debates to go.

Trump can turn it around in the debates.

He needs to do well in 2 out of 3 of them.

Not chicken after 1 or 2.

I really don't know what to make of the debates. Trump is isolationist to nuke them now given the time of the day. His "cred" such as it was was on economics. Redoing trade to bring back no skills jobs will not end the middle class drain. There are things wrong with the pacific trade deal, specifically letting quasi-govt entities tell us what our internal tax policies must be. But that is nothing Trump's ever discussed. But Hillary's job training is not much better. We spent something like 7.5 trillion dollars post-9-11 on the 'war on terror," and the mortgage debacle drained something like 2.5 trillion in real dollars from value in the economy. We could elect Jesus Christ, and the economy would still be limping along until we get some handle on spending and deficits ... of course we'd have to kill him too.

Spending has cost deficits and cost benefits, paying members of Congress to do nothing for the past six years has been a cost deficit; repairing our nation's infrastructure will be a cost benefit, as will making job training in local community colleges tuition free.

Taxing every stock and bond transaction .25 cents, no matter the size, will in short order put us back on the road to fiscal sanity, and establishing a modern form of the Comprehensive Employment and Training Act will create a work force with 21st Century skills.

Only ideology prevents the Congress from doing the right thing, if the Democrats can get rid of Ryan and McConnell and replace them with pragmatic doers our nation will once again lead the world back to fiscal sanity. Russian and Chinese leaders will continue to enrich their family and friends and Democrats will once again balance the benefits among all Americans in the new bull market; fiscal conservatism is not fiscally responsible!

and if they do, what will it look like. His campaign de jour looks like what Jeb would do.

I really don't know what to make of the debates. Trump is isolationist to nuke them now given the time of the day. His "cred" such as it was was on economics. Redoing trade to bring back no skills jobs will not end the middle class drain. There are things wrong with the pacific trade deal, specifically letting quasi-govt entities tell us what our internal tax policies must be. But that is nothing Trump's ever discussed. But Hillary's job training is not much better. We spent something like 7.5 trillion dollars post-9-11 on the 'war on terror," and the mortgage debacle drained something like 2.5 trillion in real dollars from value in the economy. We could elect Jesus Christ, and the economy would still be limping along until we get some handle on spending and deficits ... of course we'd have to kill him too.

Spending has cost deficits and cost benefits, paying members of Congress to do nothing for the past six years has been a cost deficit; repairing our nation's infrastructure will be a cost benefit, as will making job training in local community colleges tuition free.

Taxing every stock and bond transaction .25 cents, no matter the size, will in short order put us back on the road to fiscal sanity, and establishing a modern form of the Comprehensive Employment and Training Act will create a work force with 21st Century skills.

Only ideology prevents the Congress from doing the right thing, if the Democrats can get rid of Ryan and McConnell and replace them with pragmatic doers our nation will once again lead the world back to fiscal sanity. Russian and Chinese leaders will continue to enrich their family and friends and Democrats will once again balance the benefits among all Americans in the new bull market; fiscal conservatism is not fiscally responsible!
How many times did you have to swallow to get all that bullshit down?

I sense the air coming out of the balloon.

The reality of Trump's inevitable landslide loss is beginning to sink in.

I sense the air coming out of the balloon.

The reality of Trump's inevitable landslide loss is beginning to sink in.

I agree

It is happening fast and in many key states simultaneously

Trump has clearly tried to, uh, normalize his campaign over the last few days. I wonder if this will annoy his fans, those who like his bizarre, off the cuff, stream of consciousness ramblings.

The question is how short the public's memory is. Are voters going to forget the old Donald in just three months? Given our current condition, that's possible. It might be more appropriate to hope that Hillary implodes somehow.

Turn what around? I don't think that question has ever been asked a month before Labor Day in modern history. So far Hillary hasn't been able to stand up to a freaking press conference by the entire media and her health issues have yet to be addressed. Benghazi is still hanging over her head as well as the case the Director of the FBI made about her felonies.

How many times did you have to swallow to get all that bullshit down?
I think we're all aware of how much you enjoy swallowing.

Trump has clearly tried to, uh, normalize his campaign over the last few days. I wonder if this will annoy his fans, those who like his bizarre, off the cuff, stream of consciousness ramblings.

The question is how short the public's memory is. Are voters going to forget the old Donald in just three months? Given our current condition, that's possible. It might be more appropriate to hope that Hillary implodes somehow.
Hillary seems to think she can bait him.......let's see if Trump can resist

Definitely a good strategy.

But have you seen his last two speeches? It's like somebody dropped some Librium in his Pepsi.

We'll see how long this new style lasts.

Turn what around? I don't think that question has ever been asked a month before Labor Day in modern history. So far Hillary hasn't been able to stand up to a freaking press conference by the entire media and her health issues have yet to be addressed. Benghazi is still hanging over her head as well as the case the Director of the FBI made about her felonies.

Same people are saying ^^^ and those are the character assassins.

Why does she need to have a press conference? All of the questions have been asked and answered.

Benghazi has been asked dozens of times, and had over 10 investigations, at an enormous cost to US taxpayers, for naught. The e-mail issue was put to rest by a partisan hack who didn't have any evidence of wrongdoing, and Sen. Clinton did not order our troops into Iraq, GWB did.

Why does she need to have a press conference? All of the questions have been asked and answered.

Benghazi has been asked dozens of times, and had over 10 investigations, at an enormous cost to US taxpayers, for naught. The e-mail issue was put to rest by a partisan hack who didn't have any evidence of wrongdoing, and Sen. Clinton did not order our troops into Iraq, GWB did.
Hillary's two greatest accomplishments in life are marrying Bill and staying out of prison.

Definitely a good strategy.

But have you seen his last two speeches? It's like somebody dropped some Librium in his Pepsi.

We'll see how long this new style lasts.

It won't...all it will take is a dozen or so Twitter comments on how boring he is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hillary's two greatest accomplishments in life are marrying Bill and staying out of prison.

I dunno...she's pretty accomplished at getting Republicans to support her...

The ever-growing list of Republicans endorsing Hillary Clinton

:lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back