Does anyone understand what Janet Yellen is talking about?

Robert W

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2022
Janet Yellen got a dose of Senator Kennedy (LA).

Kennedy and me have a major problem with her. I spent years budgeting for a major US Real estate Board. I know Budgeting. Million dollar Budgets, not a home budget.

Kennedy can't understand why she borrows at a higher rate than she can legally get. And is upset she costs Americans billions of dollars.
Can somebody defend her? Listen first to the video.

Janet Yellen got a dose of Senator Kennedy (LA).

Kennedy and me have a major problem with her. I spent years budgeting for a major US Real estate Board. I know Budgeting. Million dollar Budgets, not a home budget.

Kennedy can't understand why she borrows at a higher rate than she can legally get. And is upset she costs Americans billions of dollars.
Can somebody defend her? Listen first to the video.

my vanderbilt educated rhodes scholar senator is just an old country lawyer, how can he possibly understand keynes general theory?

kennedy is a performance artist. a little better at it than jordan or green, but still not a serious person. he is up for reelection 2026, just about when jon bel edwards will be wanting a job.

"The process by which banks create money is so simple that the mind is repelled." j k galbraith

yellen is correct, she know how but knows kennedy is setting her up for his next slot on fox.

i wish the hearings were more educational.
So you tell us that she is correct to pay 5 percent when she should pay 4 percent? This has to be Democrat math.

So you tell us that she is correct to pay 5 percent when she should pay 4 percent? This has to be Democrat math.
In her attempts to sound scholarly she confuses everyone. Plainly speaking it costs less to repay a short-term loan at 5.4 percent than a long-term loan at 4.4 percent. For example,

$100 X 5.4 % for 1 year = $5.40 interest.
$100 X 4.4% for 10 years = $44.00 interest.

*The inverted yield curve is the boogeyman.

Last edited:
In her attempts to sound scholarly she confuses everyone. Plainly speaking it costs less to repay a short-term loan at 5.4 percent than a long-term loan at 4.4 percent. For example,

$100 X 5.4 % for 1 year = $5.40 interest.
$100 X 4.4% for 10 years = $44.00 interest.

*The inverted yield curve is the boogeyman.
After 1 year at 5.4 percent, it might be higher next year.

Forum List

Back