does God love the russians?

shart_attack

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
hangin' with my bro e.coli
No self-proclaimed Christian ever wants to believe that his/ her country is "the bad guy" in Bible prophecy.

Many of the German Christians, Catholic and Protestant, fighting for Hitler in World War II believed that they were "the good guys" in that horrific travesty.

That's what happens when we so-called Christians don't stay knowledgeable enough about The Word so as to be able to delineate wolves in sheeps' clothing.

The same thing can happen to the USA.

Contrary to what many Evangelical preachers have been saying for over half a century, I do not believe that the Russians are "the bad guys" in Ezekiel 38-39.

Vladimir Putin does not hate the Jews.

I believe the axis marching into Israel in that prophecy is, to the contrary, the New World Order led by the British/ U.S. Empire.

Last edited:
I actually have one commentary and I also found one blog post teach why it is wrong. I have no opinion on the matter although I have heard it taught.

God loves the Russians. For God so loved the world (John 3:16)

No self-proclaimed Christian ever wants to believe that his/ her country is "the bad guy" in Bible prophecy.

Many of the German Christians, Catholic and Protestant, fighting for Hitler in World War II believed that they were "the good guys" in that horrific travesty.

That's what happens when we so-called Christians don't stay knowledgeable enough about The Word so as to be able to delineate wolves in sheeps' clothing.

The same thing can happen to the USA.

Contrary to what many Evangelical preachers have been saying for over half a century, I do not believe that the Russians are "the bad guys" in Ezekiel 38-39.

Vladimir Putin does not hate the Jews.

I believe the axis marching into Israel in that prophecy is, to the contrary, the New World Order led by the British/ U.S. Empire.

If G-d actually exists I seriously doubt he thinks of us in nationalistic terms. Keep His commandments and He'll love ya just fine.

My understanding of Judeo-Christianity is that God loves his creation.

That includes the russians and the Ukrainians
The criminal and the cop that bust him.
The believer and the non-believer
The Jews, the Muslims and the Taoists

Which means all this talk about God hating this person or that group is propaganda to turn you against God creation.

Remember--When it comes to hearsay, the fool believes without question, the wise seeks verification.

Which means all this talk about God hating this person or that group is propaganda to turn you against God creation.

War — first exemplified in The Bible in Cain's murdering his brother Abel — has a way of making us turn on each other, yes?

amrchaos said:
Remember--When it comes to hearsay, the fool believes without question, the wise seeks verification.

QFT.

I have learned the hard way not to take anything at face value.

That having been said, the only person who has never lied to me is Jesus Christ my Saviour.

War — first exemplified in The Bible in Cain's murdering his brother Abel — has a way of making us turn on each other, yes?

amrchaos said:

QFT.

That having been said, the only person who has never lied to me is Jesus Christ my Saviour.

War is an act, you must turn on the individual before conducting the act of War
In the story of Cain and Abel, Jealousy was the fuel that led to murder. That jealousy was fueld by a misunderstanding of why God favored one offering over another.

Thus Cain assumed and misinformed himself into killing his brother. The truth was that God favored one offering, at that time, over another. It did not mean God only favored Abel or God disfavored Cain But the offering Abel gave was more worthy in Gods. To correct this,to gain Gods notice, all Cain had to do was improve his offering.

In short-- War, by itself, did not turn Cain against Abel. It was an act declared by Cain after the fact of assuming something false.

Now There is a question I have.

How do you know that Jesus Christ never lied to you? How did you verify that the teachings of Jesus were always true?

amrchaos said:

QFT.

In the story of Cain and Abel, Jealousy was the fuel that led to murder. That jealousy was fueld [sic] by a misunderstanding of why God favored one offering over another.

Which, incidentally and interestingly enough, just happens to be the focal point of this thread.

Neat, huh?

amrchaos said:
Thus Cain assumed and misinformed himself into killing his brother. The truth was that God favored one offering, at that time, over another. It did not mean God only favored Abel or God disfavored Cain But the offering Abel gave was more worthy in Gods. To correct this, to gain Gods notice, all Cain had to do was improve his offering.

Could the same thing happen today to any nation/ republic/ empire which turns itself against God, or His people, His saints?

Do you know who the dragon, the mother and the child in Revelation chapter 12 figuratively represent?

amrchaos said:
In short-- War, by itself, did not turn Cain against Abel. It was an act declared by Cain after the fact of assuming something false.

Which, again, figuratively represents something.

amrchaos said:

How do you know that Jesus Christ never lied to you?

God does not lie.

But though He does not want anyone to perish (Ezekiel 18:23, 18:32, 33:11), He also does not care how polarized you feel from His Truth (Matthew 11:34-42).

Nothing good comes from the things that we most easily acquire.

amrchaos said:
How did you verify that the teachings of Jesus were always true?

Troll believers if it makes you feel better. But the true believers know what Hebrews 11:1 means.

And now, here's a question for you:

Did you know that George Soros is Hungarian — i.e. one of these guys?

Magyar Wikipedia

Sounds very similar to the name of an eschatological country/ alliance in Ezekiel 38, doesn't it?

With whom is George Soros allied — i.e. with what group/ nation/ republic/ empire does he have the greatest influence? The Russians?

Last edited:
I actually have one commentary and I also found one blog post teach why it is wrong. I have no opinion on the matter although I have heard it taught.

God loves the Russians. For God so loved the world (John 3:16)

Check out this .pdf file, guy.

It's safe.

A very good read.

The Comets of God

I've seen it before. Not sure what to think.
Someone is going to be the bad guys just like Judas was the bad guy.

QFT.

In the story of Cain and Abel, Jealousy was the fuel that led to murder. That jealousy was fueld [sic] by a misunderstanding of why God favored one offering over another.

Which, incidentally and interestingly enough, just happens to be the focal point of this thread.

Neat, huh?

Could the same thing happen today to any nation/ republic/ empire which turns itself against God, or His people, His saints?

Do you know who the dragon, the mother and the child in Revelation chapter 12 figuratively represent?

amrchaos said:

How do you know that Jesus Christ never lied to you?

God does not lie.

But though He does not want anyone to perish (Ezekiel 18:23, 18:32, 33:11), He also does not care how polarized you feel from His truth (Matthew 11:34-42).

amrchaos said:

Troll believers if it makes you feel better. But the true believers know what Hebrews 11:1 means.

Magyar Wikipedia

Sounds very similar to the name of a eschatological country/ alliance in Ezekiel 38, doesn't it?

With whom is George Soros allied — i.e. with what group/ nation/ republic/ empire does he have the greatest influence? The Russians?

I think you missed the point of the question. If you are offended by the question, then maybe I should give examples of how to answer it without assuming I am trolling.

1)
If I am correct, Jesus made several statements on how to live. You could verify those statements by heeding his advice and living according to his message. You could then verify, to yourself, if his message on living has meaning or truth to it.

For instance, the idea of charity, given to charity or being charitable can be seen as a good and it is true that such a life is rewarding. It rewards the self by providing a social purpose. It aids the needy in that it eases desperation in them. It aids society by making it more united in a common purpose of surviving and institutes pride in one culture/religion.

2)
If I am correct, Jesus used metaphors in many of his teachings. Here, the idea is not to prove the metaphors correct but the meaning behind them are

In truth, they are to be taking as generalities of our world. For example Jesus suggested that a tree can produces only good fruit or bad fruit but not both is a metaphor of man and his deeds. If we were being literal, one could point out there are diseased trees that, on certain parts of it, actually produce edible fruit, while the parts were the disease is prevalent the fruit is inedible. Even so, the interpretation of the metaphor I've given is still incorrect since man is capable of both good deeds and bad deeds.

An example is the buying of obligations such as providing food, medicine or money to a group in order to gain support from that group(or even power through that group) to unjustly persecute another group. Don't just think of todays American politics here. In fact, America politics is a much milder use of this tactic.

If you compare the two examples above you would realize the notion of charity is the central thread. When is giving to the needy charitable?

Now, About Soros--why is he important to the discussion again? I seemed to miss where the discussion about Jesus and his message turned to Soros and his connections.

Neat, huh?

God does not lie.

But though He does not want anyone to perish (Ezekiel 18:23, 18:32, 33:11), He also does not care how polarized you feel from His truth (Matthew 11:34-42).

shart_attack said:

Magyar Wikipedia

Sounds very similar to the name of a eschatological country/ alliance in Ezekiel 38, doesn't it?

amrchaos said:
I think you missed the point of the question. If you are offended by the question, then maybe I should give examples of how to answer it without assuming I am trolling.

No, I think you are missing the point(s) of the thread.

It revolves around these:

1.) Ezekiel 38-39 is the manifestation of the offspring of the sons of Noah.

2.) The Vikings — the ancestral line of the Russians — are not the same as the Magyars (or Turks, in short).

3.) America is not in Bible prophecy for a reason, which is that God does not protect those people — whatever their ancestral lineage may be — who do not protect the Jews. That is what Jesus Christ was referring to in this New Testament passage:

Matthew 25:31-46

4.) The people whom God loves the most are evidenced in how much they have struggled. This is evidentiary all through The Bible; but for short, I'll simply refer you to the Old Testament Book of Job; and Hebrews Chapter 12

Sadly, the struggling of God's people is not yet complete. That will come in what Christ referred to in this verse: Matthew 24:21

5.) America does not exist during the Great Tribulation for a reason: namely, so God can make a finality of showing His people who truly loves and protects them.

It cannot be America, which has for some reason inexplicably (to an unbeliever, at least) been eradicated.

Again, as stated in the OP, the Truth is not always pretty.

I am ready to die.

Thank you, precious Jesus Christ my Saviour for loving and dying for me, a sinner.

Last edited:
Yes, God loves the Russian people. He loves all people so much that He gave us Jesus Christ.

That doesn't change the fact that in the last days there will be people fighting against Israel, and it seems the Russian government could be leading that. But until the prophecy is fulfilled, it could theoretically be anyone. It could be us for all we know.

Rather than speculate, it seems prudent we should live the truth we know and share the Gospel with others.

BTW, what on earth is a shart?

Yes, God loves the Russian people. He loves all people so much that He gave us Jesus Christ.

That doesn't change the fact that in the last days there will be people fighting against Israel, and it seems the Russian government could be leading that. But until the prophecy is fulfilled, it could theoretically be anyone. It could be us for all we know.

Rather than speculate, it seems prudent we should live the truth we know and share the Gospel with others.

Which, incidentally enough, happens to be one of the aims of this thread.

Thank you for your input, brother/ sister.

BTW, what on earth is a shart?

Glad you asked.

shart, per Urban Dictionary

"(Sharts) like us, baby we were born to run ..."

The answer is way too long to address here in the forum, Dog ;-) But to be honest, the biggest mistake that people make when addressing Biblical Prophesy is to firstly understand that the Bible is Spiritually Written, and Spiritually discerned.

What does that mean? Well, break it down in 3 groups. There is what Man thinks about the World, there is what Man thinks what God thinks about this World, and then there is what God has already said in His Word about the World. Or, 1). You do not believe that the Bible is the True Word of God. 2).You believe that parts of the Bible is true, but for the most part is is just a good reference point to live your lift. or 3). You take God's Word literally, without questioning or reasoning. This requires Faith, and is contrary to most people's way of thinking. The Bible says "The way of the Cross is Foolishness to them that do not believe". I have been called a fool many times. But Jesus said "Will Faith be found when the Son of Man returns"?

The Old Testament was written and concerned actual Physical Events when it came to Prophecy, including prophecy concerning the coming of the Messiah, and also parts of Ezekiel and Daniel, which mostly has already come to pass shortly after Jesus death, and still partly to come now.

But after Jesus came and reconciled man back to the Father, Prophesy becomes Spiritual. Today's Christians are Spiritual Israel. What does that mean? The Pauline Revelation, or Paul's Ministry of Reconciliation, is that we are no longer talking about Jew vs Gentile in the Natural, but Jew vs Gentile in the Spiritual. Hebrews speaks of this, as does Romans. But as believers, when you accept that Jesus died for your sins, you now become God's child, just as the Jews were God's children then.

So although that has not answered your question, it gives us a starting point. Russia is not a Spiritual entity. God does not hate Russia. God hates sin. Just as I do not hate any of my children, but I despise dis-obedience. Gog and Magog are Spiritual entities, although many have attempted to attach a physical country to them.

Just as in the days of Egypt, when the darkness was so thick that it could be felt, it is Spiritually so dark now that it can be felt. Too many Christians, who have watched too much Hagee, and read too much Hal Lindsey, believe that Israel being surrounded is literal. But Spiritual Israel is already surrounded and under seige. But if you read the scriptures, you will see who wins. But this is me personally speaking, as I do not attempt to speak for others.

If you are one of those Christians who think that you can live your life any way that you want, because when you see physical Israel under attack you will "get your life right", it is already too late. How can I be sure? I trust the Bible 100% as God's Word. Paul stated that as a thief in the night it will happen. If the homeowner knew what hour the thief would come, he would overcome the thief. (Jesus actually said those words) So as people are waiting for these things to happen in the Natural, they are already going on in the Spiritual.

Last edited:
The answer is way too long to address here in the forum, Dog ;-) But to be honest, the biggest mistake that people make when addressing Biblical Prophesy is to firstly understand that the Bible is Spiritually Written, and Spiritually discerned.

What does that mean? Well, break it down in 3 groups. There is what Man thinks about the World, there is what Man thinks what God thinks about this World, and then there is what God has already said in His Word about the World.

The Old Testament was written and concerned actual Physical Events when it came to Prophecy, including prophecy concerning the coming of the Messiah, and also parts of Ezekiel and Daniel, which mostly has already come to pass shortly after Jesus death, and still partly to come now.

But after Jesus came and reconciled man back to the Father, Prophesy becomes Spiritual. What does that mean? The Pauline Revelation, or Paul's Ministry of Reconciliation, is that we are no longer talking about Jew vs Gentile in the Natural, but Jew vs Gentile in the Spiritual. Hebrews speaks of this, as does Romans. But as believers, when you accept that Jesus died for your sins, you now become God's child, just as the Jews were God's children then.

So although that has not answered your question, it gives us a starting point. Russia is not a Spiritual entity. God does not hate Russia. God hates sin.

Just as in the days of Egypt, when the darkness was so thick that it could be felt, it is Spiritually so dark now that it can be felt. Too many Christians, who have watched too much Hagee, and read too much Hal Lindsey, believe that Israel being surrounded is literal. But Spiritual Israel is already surrounded and under seige. But if you read the scriptures, you will see who wins. But this is me personally speaking, as I do not attempt to speak for others.

I hate to interrupt this beautiful first post of yours, Tennesseehawk, but when I saw you bring up Revs. John Hagee and Hal Lindsey, I had to pause for a second.

I know both of these gentlemen have the best of intentions; they love Jews. But they have both been incorrect before, yes.

Both of them routinely make the exigetical mistake(s) of attributing the ancestry of the leader of the prophetic enemy of Israel — Gog, ruler of Magog — in Ezekiel 38-39 as Russian.

(Check out that .pdf file three or four posts down from the OP of this thread. It's a good read.)

Glad you brought up their names.

Tennesseehawk said:
If you are one of those Christians who think that you can live your life any way that you want, because when you see Israel under attack you will "get your life right", it is already too late. How can I be sure? I trust the Bible 100% as God's Word. Paul stated that as a thief in the night it will happen. If the homeowner knew what hour the thief would come, he would overcome the thief. (Jesus actually said those words)

Are you implying that we may already be under the "strong delusion" spoken of by the Apostle Paul in II Thessalonians 2:11?

Last edited:
Just wanted to bump this, 'cause I see Jeremiah is still slap-rappin' her BS in threads everywhere here that Russia is the seat of The Antichrist.

Click the link in post #4 of this thread above, and learn something.

end time timeline here-

End-Time Timeline

I don't necessarily buy into anyone else's "end-time timeline" just because he/ she says it's so.

I don't believe that the former Soviet Union is the seat of Antichrist just because anyone from a preacher to a priest to an ex-US president says it's so.

I let the words of Christ my Savior, and my Intercessor to the Father, alone talk to me.

Thanks for the link, though. :thup:

Forum List

Back