🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Does illegal immigration cost the USA $148 billion a year? Politifact debunks claim

Mexico remittances: I send money home to Mexico to support family

I send money home to Mexico to support my family
March 20, 2017

Dalia Maldonado is considered a life saver by her family and friends in Mexico.
She paid for her father Francisco's knee surgeries. She pitched in $400 for her friend Esmeralda's leukemia treatment. And she regularly helps pay for food and bills for her parents and relatives.

But Maldonado is not with them in Sonora, Mexico. She sends about $250 home every month from Menifee, California, where she works in real estate, earning about $35,000 a year. Her parents have a combined income of $20,000 in Mexico.

The cash Maldonado sends home is called a remittance, which has become Mexico's biggest source of foreign revenue.

Last year, Mexico received $27 billion in remittances -- a record high and far more than what the country got from its oil exports, $18.7 billion, according to Mexico's central bank. The vast majority of remittances sent to Mexico come from the U.S. and they support millions of low-income families in Mexico.

Illegals tax fraud cost us $5 to $7 billion every year FACT! That alone would save us enough over the next 10 years to build Trump's wall three times over EAT IT LIBS.

prove it

The Treasury inspector general reported on this a couple weeks ago, don't you read the news? Go ahead dispute the inspector general so I can laugh in your face. :eusa_hand:
Their total input to our economy, is worth more than 10 billion dollars.

A thread in this board caught my attention, as it claimed that illegal immigration costs the USA $148 billion a year. Here it is: Trump’s Wall Costs $21.6 Billion; Illegal Immigration Costs $148.3 Billion Per Year
I went to Politifact.com (independent fact-checker), and found that even a smaller claim of 113 billion a year was said to be bullshit. Trump says illegal immigration costs $113 billion a year

That's right. The claim that illegal immigration costs 113 billion a year was debunked, and what do USMB conservatives do? Make the fake stat even higher ($148 billion).
Excerpt from Politifact's debunking article:

"One thing we’ve been told over the years: FAIR’s conclusions stem from inexact estimates and assumptions."

Liberals should bookmark this link, since right-wingers spread the fake $148/113 billion statistic very frequently.
(1) Extra border patrol agents
(2) The legal system ( including prisons and jails )
(3) Bi-lingual printed materials ( public buildings, schools, hospitals, government services, etc. )
(4) Bi-lingual teachers, 911 operators, emergency personnel, lawyers and legal counsel, etc.
(5) Government assistance programs ( housing, food, utilities, transportation, healthcare, etc. )
(6) Jobs ( agriculture, hospitality industry, landscaping, construction, food processing, etc. )
(7) Local and state law enforcement personnel ( including ATF agents, DEA agents, etc. )
(8) Immigration and Naturalization Service personnel
(9) Illegal drug trade ( gangs, violence, illegal weapons, etc. )
(10) Human trafficking ( children and teens )
(11) Lost tax revenue ( payroll deductions, failing to file an income tax return, no valid SSN, etc. )
(12) Terrorism ( 911, mass shootings, bombings, etc. )

The cost is in the untold multi-$Billions range.

Social services alone cost the American taxpayers hundreds of $millions. When including the deterioration of neighborhoods and communities, the cost soars.

Also, keep in mind the jobs taken from the American workforce represent multi-$Millions in lost tax revenue.

Even if every illegal left today, you would have all the same expenses on your list .
525.gif

Illegals tax fraud cost us $5 to $7 billion every year FACT! That alone would save us enough over the next 10 years to build Trump's wall three times over EAT IT LIBS.

prove it

The Treasury inspector general reported on this a couple weeks ago, don't you read the news? Go ahead dispute the inspector general so I can laugh in your face. :eusa_hand:
Their total input to our economy, is worth more than 10 billion dollars.

No its not, they are a net loss to our economy and 70% of all illegals are on some form of public assistance.

Now add the cost of all their damn anchor babies, welfare, education, housing, healthcare holy crap.

A thread in this board caught my attention, as it claimed that illegal immigration costs the USA $148 billion a year. Here it is: Trump’s Wall Costs $21.6 Billion; Illegal Immigration Costs $148.3 Billion Per Year
I went to Politifact.com (independent fact-checker), and found that even a smaller claim of 113 billion a year was said to be bullshit. Trump says illegal immigration costs $113 billion a year

That's right. The claim that illegal immigration costs 113 billion a year was debunked, and what do USMB conservatives do? Make the fake stat even higher ($148 billion).

"One thing we’ve been told over the years: FAIR’s conclusions stem from inexact estimates and assumptions."

Liberals should bookmark this link, since right-wingers spread the fake $148/113 billion statistic very frequently.

Fact;

RussianWingers are liars
RussianWingers suck at math
RussianWingers pet longterm project has been whining about Mexicans
RussianWingers simply ignore threads that debase them or any of their talking points

No Virginia the people that don't know how to do math Is definitely liberals, they have yet to figure the cost of living and taxes is way higher in blue states then red.

They always vote against there wallet.

(3) Bi-lingual printed materials ( public buildings, schools, hospitals, government services, etc. )
(4) Bi-lingual teachers, 911 operators, emergency personnel, lawyers and legal counsel, etc.
(5) Government assistance programs ( housing, food, utilities, transportation, healthcare, etc. )
(6) Jobs ( agriculture, hospitality industry, landscaping, construction, food processing, etc. )
(7) Local and state law enforcement personnel ( including ATF agents, DEA agents, etc. )
(11) Lost tax revenue ( payroll deductions, failing to file an income tax return, no valid SSN, etc. )

Social services alone cost the American taxpayers hundreds of $millions. When including the deterioration of neighborhoods and communities, the cost soars.

Also, keep in mind the jobs taken from the American workforce represent multi-$Millions in lost tax revenue.
So your study consists of your own comment in a US message board politics forum thread?

Why didn't you post this IN THAT THREAD? Are you that much of an attention whore?

Now add the cost of all their damn anchor babies, welfare, education, housing, healthcare holy crap.
Anchor babies are US citizens. If anchor babies are not here, the government will spend the same amount on education, housing, etc. on white babies who also need health care, education, etc. and are you going to count the taxes that anchor babies will pay in the future?

Why didn't you post this IN THAT THREAD? Are you that much of an attention whore?
Because I wanted to discredit that embarrassing thread .
so you want the falsehood to have its own thread but the fact check to have only a comment within that thread? you want the falsehood to spread, and that's why you want me to post just a comment.

What did you find the NET costs were in relation to Illegal immigration? Do you have a real number and a link to the analysis?
You tell me, what are the net costs?

What did you find the NET costs were in relation to Illegal immigration? Do you have a real number and a link to the analysis?
We have the largest economy in the world, even with illegal immigration. Why do you believe that is?
Many factors including an expanding population and workforce in which immigrants play an important role. I do believe we need to do better at controlling the flow of immigrants as illegal crossings and visa overstays are not fair to those waiting years to do it legally. But back to my question. The OP presented links showing that the expenses claimed are not accurate, what are the accurate numbers? What is the NET cost/expense that illegal immigration imposes on the tax payers? It's a valid question, right?

You tell me, what are the net costs?
It's your thread and you did the fact checking... Did you not look for an accurate analysis to get numbers you agree with?

So your study consists of your own comment in a US message board politics forum thread?
ROFLMAO1.gif
rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-face-smiley_floorLaugh-2.gif
5278.gif

March 20, 2017

She paid for her father Francisco's knee surgeries. She pitched in $400 for her friend Esmeralda's leukemia treatment. And she regularly helps pay for food and bills for her parents and relatives.

But Maldonado is not with them in Sonora, Mexico. She sends about $250 home every month from Menifee, California, where she works in real estate, earning about $35,000 a year. Her parents have a combined income of $20,000 in Mexico.

The cash Maldonado sends home is called a remittance, which has become Mexico's biggest source of foreign revenue.

Last year, Mexico received $27 billion in remittances -- a record high and far more than what the country got from its oil exports, $18.7 billion, according to Mexico's central bank. The vast majority of remittances sent to Mexico come from the U.S. and they support millions of low-income families in Mexico.

So you are trying to call them evil criminals while you are showing them as generous, hard working and ambitious... What's your problem with them?

March 20, 2017

So you are trying to call them evil criminals while you are showing them as generous, hard working and ambitious... What's your problem with them?
200.gif

also keep in mind those jobs are jobs Americans wont do or those jobs wouldnt be there for the taking by mexicans

But they've deluded themselves into believing that if we got rid of all the illegals, American workers would take those jobs.

How much do illegal aliens cost the country?

Politifact is not an independent fact checker. Its owned by the Tampa Bay Times which endorsed Clinton.
Conflict of Interest: PolitiFact and the Clinton Foundation Share Megadonor

And they didn't debunk the 113 Billion dollar claim it was a rambling piece which really didn't say much except at the end state mostly false. What the fuck does mostly false mean.

Forum List

Back