🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Does illegal immigration cost the USA $148 billion a year? Politifact debunks claim

A thread in this board caught my attention, as it claimed that illegal immigration costs the USA $148 billion a year. Here it is: Trump’s Wall Costs $21.6 Billion; Illegal Immigration Costs $148.3 Billion Per Year
I went to Politifact.com (independent fact-checker), and found that even a smaller claim of 113 billion a year was said to be bullshit. Trump says illegal immigration costs $113 billion a year

That's right. The claim that illegal immigration costs 113 billion a year was debunked, and what do USMB conservatives do? Make the fake stat even higher ($148 billion).
Excerpt from Politifact's debunking article:

"One thing we’ve been told over the years: FAIR’s conclusions stem from inexact estimates and assumptions."

Liberals should bookmark this link, since right-wingers spread the fake $148/113 billion statistic very frequently.
(1) Extra border patrol agents
(2) The legal system ( including prisons and jails )
(3) Bi-lingual printed materials ( public buildings, schools, hospitals, government services, etc. )
(4) Bi-lingual teachers, 911 operators, emergency personnel, lawyers and legal counsel, etc.
(5) Government assistance programs ( housing, food, utilities, transportation, healthcare, etc. )
(6) Jobs ( agriculture, hospitality industry, landscaping, construction, food processing, etc. )
(7) Local and state law enforcement personnel ( including ATF agents, DEA agents, etc. )
(8) Immigration and Naturalization Service personnel
(9) Illegal drug trade ( gangs, violence, illegal weapons, etc. )
(10) Human trafficking ( children and teens )
(11) Lost tax revenue ( payroll deductions, failing to file an income tax return, no valid SSN, etc. )
(12) Terrorism ( 911, mass shootings, bombings, etc. )

The cost is in the untold multi-$Billions range.

Social services alone cost the American taxpayers hundreds of $millions. When including the deterioration of neighborhoods and communities, the cost soars.

Also, keep in mind the jobs taken from the American workforce represent multi-$Millions in lost tax revenue.

Even if every illegal left today, you would have all the same expenses on your list .

Not to mention that several on the list are not caused by Mexicans.

Last night, Current Events forum, RWNJ whiners blaming everybody because white males are dying of (get this) drinking, drugs, suicide and other SELF INFLICTED behaviors.

The losers are in the habit of blaming Mexico and refuse to take responsibility for themselves so facts don't matter to them.

Fact is, the US needs Mexico as much as Mexico needs the US.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Illegals tax fraud cost us $5 to $7 billion every year FACT! That alone would save us enough over the next 10 years to build Trump's wall three times over EAT IT LIBS.

Man oh man - there's a whole lot of RWNJ mental masturbation going on about the wall the dolts told us Mexico would pay for.

RW dummies will believe any lie drumpf tells.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

A thread in this board caught my attention, as it claimed that illegal immigration costs the USA $148 billion a year. Here it is: Trump’s Wall Costs $21.6 Billion; Illegal Immigration Costs $148.3 Billion Per Year
I went to Politifact.com (independent fact-checker), and found that even a smaller claim of 113 billion a year was said to be bullshit. Trump says illegal immigration costs $113 billion a year

That's right. The claim that illegal immigration costs 113 billion a year was debunked, and what do USMB conservatives do? Make the fake stat even higher ($148 billion).

"One thing we’ve been told over the years: FAIR’s conclusions stem from inexact estimates and assumptions."

Liberals should bookmark this link, since right-wingers spread the fake $148/113 billion statistic very frequently.
What did you find the NET costs were in relation to Illegal immigration? Do you have a real number and a link to the analysis?
You tell me, what are the net costs?
It's your thread and you did the fact checking... Did you not look for an accurate analysis to get numbers you agree with?
Got anything yet Ted? I'm curious what you dig up

Mexico remittances: I send money home to Mexico to support family

I send money home to Mexico to support my family
March 20, 2017

Dalia Maldonado is considered a life saver by her family and friends in Mexico.
She paid for her father Francisco's knee surgeries. She pitched in $400 for her friend Esmeralda's leukemia treatment. And she regularly helps pay for food and bills for her parents and relatives.

But Maldonado is not with them in Sonora, Mexico. She sends about $250 home every month from Menifee, California, where she works in real estate, earning about $35,000 a year. Her parents have a combined income of $20,000 in Mexico.

The cash Maldonado sends home is called a remittance, which has become Mexico's biggest source of foreign revenue.

Last year, Mexico received $27 billion in remittances -- a record high and far more than what the country got from its oil exports, $18.7 billion, according to Mexico's central bank. The vast majority of remittances sent to Mexico come from the U.S. and they support millions of low-income families in Mexico.
They have Home Depot down there now. Should we insist, they buy American ladders, at the very least?

Illegals tax fraud cost us $5 to $7 billion every year FACT! That alone would save us enough over the next 10 years to build Trump's wall three times over EAT IT LIBS.

prove it

The Treasury inspector general reported on this a couple weeks ago, don't you read the news? Go ahead dispute the inspector general so I can laugh in your face. :eusa_hand:
Their total input to our economy, is worth more than 10 billion dollars.

No its not, they are a net loss to our economy and 70% of all illegals are on some form of public assistance.
We have the largest Economy in the World, even with illegal immigration. And, even illegal immigration was not any form of problem, when we have massive federal budget surpluses to work with. It is merely, lousy capital management. the right wing, needs to own it.

(1) Extra border patrol agents
(2) The legal system ( including prisons and jails )
(3) Bi-lingual printed materials ( public buildings, schools, hospitals, government services, etc. )
(4) Bi-lingual teachers, 911 operators, emergency personnel, lawyers and legal counsel, etc.
(5) Government assistance programs ( housing, food, utilities, transportation, healthcare, etc. )

CAN ONLY GET IF HERE LEGALLY

(6) Jobs ( agriculture, hospitality industry, landscaping, construction, food processing, etc. )

JOBS BENEATH THE AMERICAN WORKER

(7) Local and state law enforcement personnel ( including ATF agents, DEA agents, etc. )
(8) Immigration and Naturalization Service personnel
(9) Illegal drug trade ( gangs, violence, illegal weapons, etc. )
(10) Human trafficking ( children and teens )
(11) Lost tax revenue ( payroll deductions, failing to file an income tax return, no valid SSN, etc. )

THEY HAVE A TAX ID NUMBER AND CERTAINLY DO FILE, UNLESS THEY ARE LIKE SOME AMERICAN'S WHO GET PAID UNDER THE TABLE.

(12) Terrorism ( 911, mass shootings, bombings, etc. )

The cost is in the untold multi-$Billions range.

Social services alone cost the American taxpayers hundreds of $millions. When including the deterioration of neighborhoods and communities, the cost soars.

Also, keep in mind the jobs taken from the American workforce represent multi-$Millions in lost tax revenue.

AGAIN JOBS THE AMERICAN'S THINK ARE BENEATH THE.

prove it

The Treasury inspector general reported on this a couple weeks ago, don't you read the news? Go ahead dispute the inspector general so I can laugh in your face. :eusa_hand:

No its not, they are a net loss to our economy and 70% of all illegals are on some form of public assistance.
We have the largest Economy in the World, even with illegal immigration. And, even illegal immigration was not any form of problem, when we have massive federal budget surpluses to work with. It is merely, lousy capital management. the right wing, needs to own it.

Agriculture would suffer greatly if there weren't illegals working in the fields.

What tax fraud do they cost? How much to born and raised citizen's add to the tax fraud?

Fact;

RussianWingers are liars
RussianWingers suck at math
RussianWingers pet longterm project has been whining about Mexicans
RussianWingers simply ignore threads that debase them or any of their talking points

These RW's whining about the Mexican's taking their jobs sure do have lot's of time to post. Makes me wonder if they're not sitting at home eating a big bag of chips they bought with their EBT card.

also keep in mind those jobs are jobs Americans wont do or those jobs wouldnt be there for the taking by mexicans

But they've deluded themselves into believing that if we got rid of all the illegals, American workers would take those jobs.

Tell me how many American's are going to work out in the fields at 100 degree's, I don't know of any.

Tell me it takes one day for Mexican's to put a roof on a 2000 sq ft house and work straight until it's done, how many American roofer's are going to do that?

Are you?

Whoops replied to wrong post, anyway.

Agriculture would suffer greatly if there weren't illegals working in the fields.

After we boot the illegals, we can set up a temporary farm worker program if we need it.
Come here, work for a few months, take your earnings back home.
No need for the expense of their children in our schools.

prove it

And, even illegal immigration was not any form of problem, when we have massive federal budget surpluses to work with.

When do we have massive surpluses?

It's not that conservatives are wrong when they the $148B/$113B sums It's that they're only telling half the story, and the story they're only half-telling comes from their own economic "darling," George Borjas, and from the same study and the same documentation of that study's findings in which the other half of the story is also found. I covered this in great detail quite recently in at least three posts, both of which reference Borjas' work where in are provided empirical economics that give rise to the noted cost figures as well as the corresponding gains. Here are the three posts:
The a summary of Borjas' research report in which is found the $113B/$148B figures are found at the first of those three links, as is the empirical explanation and discussion of the other half of the story: Borjas' finding that there is a net ~$400B - $475B overall economic gain resulting from the presence of illegal immigrants in the U.S.

When trying to argue a point, mentioning costs while keeping mum about gains is, in its most innocuous guise, to conclude fallaciously based on a "half truth" or perhaps, depending on the argument is structured, confirmation bias, or non-recognition. More nefariously and disingenuously, it constitutes statistical mendacity, and may range up to obdurately and intransigently malfeasant lying.

I don't give a fuck if it only cost the U.S. one single dollar a year.
There are rules and laws that regulate how to become a citizen. Don't like them? Well fucking tough. Call your lawmaker and tell them you're a fucking liberal who naturally doesn't believe in borders or a nations right to it's sovereignty.
Until then go fuck yourself.

I subscribe to advances in technology, not a work ethic from the Age of Iron.

Fact;

RussianWingers are liars
RussianWingers suck at math
RussianWingers pet longterm project has been whining about Mexicans
RussianWingers simply ignore threads that debase them or any of their talking points

These RW's whining about the Mexican's taking their jobs sure do have lot's of time to post. Makes me wonder if they're not sitting at home eating a big bag of chips they bought with their EBT card.

There is no unemployment, only underpayment. Capitalism is merely a difficult concept, for the right wing.

also keep in mind those jobs are jobs Americans wont do or those jobs wouldnt be there for the taking by mexicans

But they've deluded themselves into believing that if we got rid of all the illegals, American workers would take those jobs.

Tell me how many American's are going to work out in the fields at 100 degree's, I don't know of any.
I am waiting for a, "miracle of modern textile technology" to enable, "environment suits" that keep you cool in hot weather or warm in cold weather.

Politifact is fake news.

Forum List

Back