Does it bother you that the minerals for your green energy come at a terrible cost?

Didn't those old manual push mowers suck?

They had motorized commercial grade ones as well as the manual pushers. Those worked pretty well.

shutterstock_1096324256-power.jpg

More Power, Please​

When it comes to vintage lawn mowers, it’s interesting to see how quickly styles progressed. In 1924, Toro introduced its first power mower, the 30-inch Park Special. It was a leading seller through 1961 when it was displaced by demand for rotary mowers.

One of my grandfathers had one of these; his yard was almost two acres. He didn't have time for the manual ones. Check out some more models from the 'good old days' at the top of this page.

Last edited:
You never did read the Energy Policy Act of 2005 that the GOP passed.
I guess I will go back and read it.

Democrats are low hanging fruit. I know there are Republicans that are corrupt and must go. There is just more Democrats that do much more damage. We need to destroy the Democrats first then we can get rid of the Republicans that are bad.

Children forced to work in mining as slaves.
China's military explosion from the profits of your purchases.
Creating permanent scars on the surface of the earth.
Stressing the electrical grid.
Creating a future HUGE problem for disposal.

Etc

All under the guise of "progress" & "saving the planet"
So when you use your cell phone (powered by those batteries you're worried about) to take pictures of your latest customer gouging...do you feel remorse?

Fuck off loser.

So when you use your cell phone (powered by those batteries you're worried about) to take pictures of your latest customer gouging...do you feel remorse?

Fuck off loser.
Do I feel remorse when using a cell phone that did not increase global demand for cobalt 1,000,000 times. Gee, moron, that is an incredibly stupid question. Do you feel remorse for all that fat on your ass after eating the world's supply of candy corn?

Do I feel remorse when using a cell phone that did not increase the cost of cobalt to the point that child slave labor is not used to mine it. Not at all.

Do I feel bad that children work, yes.

Do I feel happy that for at least until the cobalt runs out some children can now afford a little more food, sure.

Call me a loser for the policies you support all you want. It just shows the stupidity of the Democrat Party's position on the issues.

Instead of being an issue democrats are resolving, they say, "but uh, look over there, that is bad to, so this is okay"?

Children forced to work in mining as slaves.
China's military explosion from the profits of your purchases.
Creating permanent scars on the surface of the earth.
Stressing the electrical grid.
Creating a future HUGE problem for disposal.

Etc

All under the guise of "progress" & "saving the planet"

No one is forced to work as a slave. The parents of these children use them to dig for cobalt and chinese companies pay them a shilling for their trouble. Ironically a chinese company is currently making nickel and cobalt free batteries and Tesla has begun using their batteries in half their cars. Lithium sulfur batteries also don't use nickel or sulfur. Digging for cobalt and nickel is going to be a thing of the past.

The electrical grid is not stressed :laugh:

EV batteries can be recycled, which is often what happens to them. They can even be reused. In any case, that won't happen for at least 8-10 years after you buy your car, if you bought one today. Even the battery pack itself doesn't necessarily need to be replaced after that time has elapsed. Ev garages are popping up that will simply fix your battery by removing bad cells, which is what causes entire packs to be unnecessarily replaced to begin with. Huge disposal problem? Not really.

Recycling the lithium will help to stop Chinese pedophilia. Keeping what lithium already exists in countries outside China will also. Lithium recycling microorganisms such as Acidothiobacillus have reached 99% efficiency, though the cutting edge will likely be the champion: pulverization and separation technologies.

No one is forced to work as a slave. The parents of these children use them to dig for cobalt and chinese companies pay them a shilling for their trouble. Ironically a chinese company is currently making nickel and cobalt free batteries and Tesla has begun using their batteries in half their cars. Lithium sulfur batteries also don't use nickel or sulfur. Digging for cobalt and nickel is going to be a thing of the past.

The electrical grid is not stressed :laugh:

EV batteries can be recycled, which is often what happens to them. They can even be reused. In any case, that won't happen for at least 8-10 years after you buy your car, if you bought one today. Even the battery pack itself doesn't necessarily need to be replaced after that time has elapsed. Ev garages are popping up that will simply fix your battery by removing bad cells, which is what causes entire packs to be unnecessarily replaced to begin with. Huge disposal problem? Not really.
To learn to build one's own battery may be problematic in the future, as pre-charged vending machines along an e-bike interstate (or urban locations) will have to be a universalized type of battery, even modular car batteries that little old ladies can handle. Like the telephone booths the nazis took from Americans after they had solved the problem, you pay for only what you need or what you want. You don't have to pay all of the time. duh

Did anyone really have the cringing desire to go to Mars with Musk as supreme commander?

Forum List

Back