Does Kasich "hurt" more the Trump or Cruz primaries?

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
First let me state that if GOPers had any sense at all, they would have backed Kasich as the most moderate and sensible of the remaining candidates....That stated, the question in the thread's title arise, and an argument could be made as to whether Kasich takes away more votes from Trump or Cruz.

What's your take?

Last edited:
He hurts them both equally when he emerges from a contested convention as the nominee. :D

First let me state that if GOPers had any sense at all, they would have backed Kasich as the most moderate and sensible of the remaining candidates....That stated, the question in the thread's title arise, and an argument could be made as to whether Kasich takes away votes from trump or Cruz.

What's your take?
It hurts Trump more for a couple of reasons. It increases the chances of a brokered convention happening, and most of his voters support Trump over Cruz.

Poll: Trump beats both foes head-to-head

I think he has been hurting Cruz the most, but I think Republicans are waking up to what a disastera brokered convention will be and are sticking with people who can win it outright and who are anti GOP Establishment.

my take. Cruz and trump were my last choices. I was on the Paul, Rubio band wagon. Kasich is a joke before during and after.
Who knows who K takes votes from. Probably cruz of the 2

I think so far he has hurt Cruz more fighting for the #nevertrump crowd. However given the states coming up in the north east that won't play well for Cruz I think Kasich will take a bite or two from Trump with the ultimate goal of going to a contested convention. So, in the end he probably hurts Trump more.

Let me put it this way: without Kasich, Cruz might even be beating Trump at this point, so I think Cruz is the loser in all this.

I think so far he has hurt Cruz more fighting for the #nevertrump crowd. However given the states coming up in the north east that won't play well for Cruz I think Kasich will take a bite or two from Trump with the ultimate goal of going to a contested convention. So, in the end he probably hurts Trump more.

I doubt that Kasich will take significant numbers from Trump. He just got slaughtered in Wisconsin and I doubt anyone is going to really take him very seriously any more. He might sget some from Rhode Island, but who knows? I would never have believed that Cruz could pull over 50% in Wisconsin.

Let me put it this way: without Kasich, Cruz might even be beating Trump at this point, so I think Cruz is the loser in all this.
Nope.

Poll: Trump beats both foes head-to-head

In a head-to-head matchup between Trump and Cruz — with Kasich voters re-allocated to their second choices — the Manhattan real-estate mogul earned 46 percent support, compared with 37 percent for Cruz and 12 percent undecided.

First let me state that if GOPers had any sense at all, they would have backed Kasich as the most moderate and sensible of the remaining candidates

Yes, well we've all seen how well the GOP has done with moderates and RINO's the last few elections.

The definition of insanity................

First let me state that if GOPers had any sense at all, they would have backed Kasich as the most moderate and sensible of the remaining candidates

Yes, well we've all seen how well the GOP has done with moderates and RINO's the last few elections.

But the GOP Establishment is perfect at manipulating the dunderheads into playing into their tricks and traps every time.

Cruz will not get the nomination. He is a spoiler for the Establishment choice and who knows who that will be.

If democrats had any sense at all they would have backed former Reagan appointed asst secy Navy and war hero not to mention world class novelist Jim Webb as the most moderate and sensible of the democrat candidates but the DNC chose an old commie and the shrill wife of a degenerate former president. According to GOP rule 40, Kasich is out of the race.

If democrats had any sense at all they would have backed former Reagan appointed asst secy Navy and war hero not to mention world class novelist Jim Webb as the most moderate and sensible of the democrat candidates but the DNC chose an old commie and the shrill wife of a degenerate former president. According to GOP rule 40, Kasich is out of the race.

Yes, he is, unless the GOPe changes that rule.

BTW, why do you say Sanders is a communist?

Agreed. Webb is great. This Bernie nonsense is making me question if some of you republicans are right and a big part of the Democrat party really is the people you stereotype them as.

I doubt that Kasich will take significant numbers from Trump. He just got slaughtered in Wisconsin and I doubt anyone is going to really take him very seriously any more. He might sget some from Rhode Island, but who knows? I would never have believed that Cruz could pull over 50% in Wisconsin.

Yeah, possibly. I'm interested to see how state polls perform after Wisconsin, does it change any narratives? Does some mythical #nevertrump beast actually exist in states like New York? I don't believe anyone thinks Kasich has a shot at all to become President, he can't win enough delegates and he'd be the ultimate poison pill to disaffected GOP voters that currently support Trump, only Jeb Bush would be worse of the candidates who have dropped out.

So, to vote for Kasich in the Northeast is only an anti-Trump vote in an area filled with moderate Republicans who wouldn't care for Cruz.

But the GOP Establishment is perfect at manipulating the dunderheads into playing into their tricks and traps every time.

Cruz will not get the nomination. He is a spoiler for the Establishment choice and who knows who that will be.

In this race, Kasich is the closest thing to the establishment as they can get. So if they want to upset the apple cart, they will nominate Kasich which is why he's still in the race.

Trump and Cruz can't be controlled by the establishment or anybody else for that matter. Kasich will bark like a dog anticipating a cookie for doing as he's told. That's what the establishment wants.

However, by making such a choice, they face the destruction of the Republican party for many years to come. Trump voters will change parties to Independent or Libertarian, somebody may start a new party, the TP could be reactivated.

But everybody has a chance supposedly. That's why these candidates "suspend" their campaigns instead of just quitting. Yes, it's a lottery ticket, but a ticket worth holding.

Agreed. Webb is great. This Bernie nonsense is making me question if some of you republicans are right and a big part of the Democrat party really is the people you stereotype them as.
I swear Webb would have been the best candidate in either party. I'm a die hard republican but I think I might have pressed the democrat button if Webb was the DNC choice. They paraded him up on the stage but they never gave him a chance. Too bad Webb didn't reconsider and run as a republican.

In this race, Kasich is the closest thing to the establishment as they can get. So if they want to upset the apple cart, they will nominate Kasich which is why he's still in the race.

Trump and Cruz can't be controlled by the establishment or anybody else for that matter. Kasich will bark like a dog anticipating a cookie for doing as he's told. That's what the establishment wants.

However, by making such a choice, they face the destruction of the Republican party for many years to come. Trump voters will change parties to Independent or Libertarian, somebody may start a new party, the TP could be reactivated.

But everybody has a chance supposedly. That's why these candidates "suspend" their campaigns instead of just quitting. Yes, it's a lottery ticket, but a ticket worth holding.

If Trump and Cruz team together to stop any change to the Romney Rule, (40B) then Kasich cannot be nominated at the convention.

Forum List

Back