Does Mankind Deserve Continued Existence? Does Desire Equal Deserve?

It depends greatly on why we were created. Without knowing this one could not possibly answer the question. Not that I would try to anyway.
Why we were created?

Imagining that human beings were created demands giving meaning to human existence.
If we were not created where did we come from? We had to be created. The question is are we special or do we have a mission above that of other animals?

creation supposes a creator.

come into being does not
Nothing just comes into being. If you have proof of that lets see it.

Gasses in space come together. Are you saying there is a great mixer overseeing the whole universe?
Thats exactly what I am saying. Are you saying something didnt create the gasses? How can you show the gasses existed without being created? Dont dodge the question this time.

Why we were created?

Imagining that human beings were created demands giving meaning to human existence.
If we were not created where did we come from? We had to be created. The question is are we special or do we have a mission above that of other animals?

come into being does not

Gasses in space come together. Are you saying there is a great mixer overseeing the whole universe?
Thats exactly what I am saying. Are you saying something didnt create the gasses? How can you show the gasses existed without being created? Dont dodge the question this time.

you can keep going back and back like a child "mommy why is the sky blue" "mommy what makes the sky blue" when mommy told the child the sky is blue (is it really, really blue?) the child's later questions do not refute the first answer. The child is just questioning everything and ignoring ...

The gases are there. If gases exist (say they were created) the fact that they swirl around and come together and form into something else sows no intent to create the later mix. This is the use of the term 'create' we are discussing. Of course we use the term in more than one way -- as in -- new galaxies are being created in the universe all the time. We could also say -- new galaxies are being formed in the universe all the time.you are trying to say everything being formed or created has to have the intent of a creator. To make something in the way you infer demands intent.

the fact that you always go down this road is sad. You must have such a huge crisis of faith. Why else would you spend so much of your life trying to convince yourself and everyone.............

come into being does not

you can keep going back and back like a child "mommy why is the sky blue" "mommy what makes the sky blue" when mommy told the child the sky is blue (is it really, really blue?) the child's later questions do not refute the first answer. The child is just questioning everything and ignoring ...

The gases are there. If gases exist (say they were created) the fact that they swirl around and come together and form into something else sows no intent to create the later mix. This is the use of the term 'create' we are discussing. Of course we use the term in more than one way -- as in -- new galaxies are being created in the universe all the time. We could also say -- new galaxies are being formed in the universe all the time.you are trying to say everything being formed or created has to have the intent of a creator. To make something in the way you infer demands intent.

the fact that you always go down this road is sad. You must have such a huge crisis of faith. Why else would you spend so much of your life trying to convince yourself and everyone.............
Who told you the fact that they come together shows no intent? On the contrary it shows all types of intent. You see creation is planned. Whatever force planned this left clues. I have an engineering background and we frequently leave clues. Whoever created the universe left clues all around us. Your inability to see those clues only speaks to your lack of intelligence. Thats why you resort to snide remarks instead of addressing my post with intelligence. You simply cant deal.

I made cookies this morning. Does that count? (Well, I did not actually make any cookies but you understand I hope.)

you did not make them cookies alone. you remixed ingredients others have made
And God used clay. What's your point. I have to turn in my blue ribbon?
Irony alert.

God? What God? Where is the physical proof a god even exists except outside the warped minds of people like the Hebdo terrorists?

I made cookies this morning. Does that count? (Well, I did not actually make any cookies but you understand I hope.)

Irony alert.

God? What God? Where is the physical proof a god even exists except outside the warped minds of people like the Hebdo terrorists?
God is another name for the engineer. Your inability to see the physical clues left by this engineer is a testament to your blindness.

come into being does not

Who told you the fact that they come together shows no intent? On the contrary it shows all types of intent. You see creation is planned. Whatever force planned this left clues. I have an engineering background and we frequently leave clues. Whoever created the universe left clues all around us. Your inability to see those clues only speaks to your lack of intelligence. Thats why you resort to snide remarks instead of addressing my post with intelligence. You simply cant deal.

a manifold of things are formed/created without intent. a lab tech drops a chemical into some mix by accident.

what is sad about some religious people is they have to believe that when their god created the universe, everything later was planned with intent. Otherwise some things are come into being without intent and then the circle jerk starts all over again -- but does it? The circle never stops. It juts goes round and a round...

what a sad small world some religious people live in. If life is about experiences, religious people shut out so much. And to make it worse -- most religious books were written back when mankind was only a few generations removed from swinging in trees

Irony alert.

God is another name for the engineer. Your inability to see the physical clues left by this engineer is a testament to your blindness.

religious speak for : na, na, na, na? good gawd, have a nice short sad life. just don't be surprised that at the very end you realize "Oh shit!" "I was so wrong...there's nothing"

a manifold of things are formed/created without intent. a lab tech drops a chemical into some mix by accident.

what is sad about some religious people is they have to believe that when their god created the universe, everything later was planned with intent. Otherwise some things are come into being without intent and then the circle jerk starts all over again -- but does it? The circle never stops. It juts goes round and a round...

what a sad small world some religious people live in. If life is about experiences, religious people shut out so much. And to make it worse -- most religious books were written back when mankind was only a few generations removed from swinging in trees
Who told you it was an accident and not planned? You still haven't cited any evidence there is not a creator. Your opinions dont matter. I want to see the evidence. I can show you mathematical evidence there is an engineer to all this.

How can anyone make a reasoned and honest argument than mankind 'deserves' to exist? It just doesn't seem possible. there is no proof that mankind has to or deserves to exist outside of a genetic desire to.
hmm...

Irony alert.

religious speak for : na, na, na, na? good gawd, have a nice short sad life. just don't be surprised that at the very end you realize "Oh shit!" "I was so wrong...there's nothing"
At the very end of what? What is it you think I expect at the very end?

Who told you it was an accident and not planned? You still haven't cited any evidence there is not a creator. Your opinions dont matter. I want to see the evidence. I can show you mathematical evidence there is an engineer to all this.
it is you who have to show evidence for your claim. but don't bother. Dante will not entertain you with this thread of imbecility

How can anyone make a reasoned and honest argument than mankind 'deserves' to exist? It just doesn't seem possible. there is no proof that mankind has to or deserves to exist outside of a genetic desire to.
Deservin's got nothin' to do with it, boy.

Deservin's got nothin' to do with it, boy.
wow!

the depth of your analysis is stunning

Irony alert.

Does no one read my stuff? I am the one who talks to God, remember? There will be no 'surprise there is no God' at the end. I may get dumped in the burn pile but I know there is a God. He said so.

btw, I only take credit for the bad posts.

Irony alert.

Does no one read my stuff? I am the one who talks to God, remember? There will be no 'surprise there is no God' at the end. I may get dumped in the burn pile but I know there is a God. He said so.

btw, I only take credit for the bad posts.
your stuff gets read randomly. sorry

it is you who have to show evidence for your claim. but don't bother. Dante will not entertain you with this thread of imbecility
You dont have to entertain me. You have to prove me wrong. Here is my proof. Where is yours?

The Fibonacci Numbers and Golden section in Nature - 1

You dont have to entertain me. You have to prove me wrong. Here is my proof. Where is yours?

The Fibonacci Numbers and Golden section in Nature - 1
on the way out, but...easily refuted Fibonacci Flim-Flam.

Of course much of this is patently nonsense. Mathematics doesn't "explain" anything in nature, but mathematical models are very powerful for describing patterns and laws found in nature. I think it's safe to say that the Fibonacci sequence, golden mean, and golden rectangle have never, not even once, directly led to the discovery of a fundamental law of nature. When we see a neat numeric or geometric pattern in nature, we realize we must dig deeper to find the underlying reason why these patterns arise.

Forum List

Back