🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Does Money = Speech?

Does Money Equal Speech?

• Total voters
I guess the mob had a lot of free speech. ;) This isn't the way democracy suppose to work.

Issues of democracy are issues that should be shield from such crap. I don't care if money was speech as this is a major weakness in constitution if that is in fact truth.

I voted yes, not because I think it's good but because that just seems to be the way it is.

We all have the same right to free speech.
We can all pay more so that we are heard by more people.
not saying it is right or i approve, yet that is the way it is

There is a solution, make any appearance of quid pro quo the kiss of death, "Candidate X took X amount of billionaire money and therefore sucks" is going to be on the television this year and it will be effective.

There is a solution, make any appearance of quid pro quo the kiss of death, "Candidate X took X amount of billionaire money and therefore sucks" is going to be on the television this year and it will be effective.

So the billions Soros doles out will be exposed? By whom? The liberal press is not interested in his payments. How about all that money from the Unions? We gonna hear about that?

In their incoherent hatred of "the rich" the radical left conveniently forgets that we are all lobbyists. The Sierra club and the NRA and all the greenie clubs you can name are lobbyists. Lefties seem to think that tax exempt left wing propaganda networks funded by rich millionaires like George Soros are fine but other millionaires are evil. The supreme court ruled that money is speech so we can chip in our hard earned dollars and pool our money to try to get the laws passed that we think are important. The dirty little secret is that the left doesn't trust the low-information usually left wing voters or elected officials to do the right thing but they ridicule organizations like the Tea Party which is trying to make elected officials more responsive to the people. Go ahead and join the communist party if you think you can make the democrat party better.

In their incoherent hatred of "the rich" the radical left conveniently forgets that we are all lobbyists. The Sierra club and the NRA and all the greenie clubs you can name are lobbyists. Lefties seem to think that tax exempt left wing propaganda networks funded by rich millionaires like George Soros are fine but other millionaires are evil. The supreme court ruled that money is speech so we can chip in our hard earned dollars and pool our money to try to get the laws passed that we think are important. The dirty little secret is that the left doesn't trust the low-information usually left wing voters or elected officials to do the right thing but they ridicule organizations like the Tea Party which is trying to make elected officials more responsive to the people. Go ahead and join the communist party if you think you can make the democrat party better.

You make it sound almost democratic, it's not, it's really not.

I'm not happy. How narrow is that definition of corruption?

The Supreme Court has decided that the more money that you have the more valid your politics are. It is the solidifying and legitimatizing of an elite ruling class.

You know, the number of people that drool when they say liberal is a repercussion. The accusation of commie is a repercussion of this. Targeting a candidate for his bdsm connections is a repercussion of this. When the bankers were consulted in 2009 for legislation etc. to control the crisis and the US Chamber of Commerce flooded the media targeting smaller businesses inducing paranoia so they could get away with screwing the smaller businesses and local banks. Yep. Good times. It's all crap. It's all related and its all to the same end.

Hi, I'm a liberal. I'm more liberal then the democrats. I don't hate the rich. I have no problem with the rich. The dirty secret is that there is no secret. I don't like propaganda from either side. Thanks.

Perhaps not so much the right to speak your mind but the right to dominate the media with bull shit political messaging and sound bites, as well as influencing the elected officials.

We live in a plutocracy. And the Supreme Court has taken a few steps to make sure the rest of us Americans understand that the game has changed and plutocrats really do rule entirely.

It won't be so bad as long as we give the plutocrats everything their heart desires. Money and power.

But some plutocrats (Soros for example) want to give the impression that their actions are for the greater good of the country.

Other plutocrats (Koch Bros, Addleson etc) give the impression that their actions are for the greater good of themselves.

But it is all to serve the plutocrats.

Pick your poison.

We live in a plutocracy. And the Supreme Court has taken a few steps to make sure the rest of us Americans understand that the game has changed and plutocrats really do rule entirely.

It won't be so bad as long as we give the plutocrats everything their heart desires. Money and power.

But some plutocrats (Soros for example) want to give the impression that their actions are for the greater good of the country.

Other plutocrats (Koch Bros, Addleson etc) give the impression that their actions are for the greater good of themselves.

But it is all to serve the plutocrats.

Pick your poison.
The US is one big price tag now. Buyer beware.

Forum List

Back