Does the Trump Admin. not understand what an appropriation is and means?

aside from the fact that isn't what the money is allocated for, how disgusting is that orange imbecile taking money from our troops for his pathetic wall. that "mexico [was supposed to] pay for".

he doesn't even give a damn about the wall... he was begging the Mexican president to just not talk about it so he could scam the "base"

:cuckoo:
It has already been proven that all you Obama cock suckers don't give a damn about the pPresident spending money for purposes Congress hasn't approved.

aside from the fact that isn't what the money is allocated for, how disgusting is that orange imbecile taking money from our troops for his pathetic wall. that "mexico [was supposed to] pay for".

he doesn't even give a damn about the wall... he was begging the Mexican president to just not talk about it so he could scam the "base"

hmmm. . . . I see your logic, but do try to remember, that is what he campaigned on, and the folks elected him to build.

AND. . . . collectively, the public does endorse his ideas by usually 2% to 4% more than the corrupt priorities of congress.

The public is sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place. Congress won't do what they elected them to do, yet the President has his hands tied and can't do what he was elected to do. . .

thingsthatpeoplelikemoreandless_lrg.png

Why is anyone talking about this business of paying for Trump's wall using DoD funding? I realize Trump probably has no idea of what an appropriation is and what are the implications of the appropriations process. What makes no sense to me is why anyone else is talking about it, beyond noting that to redirect appropriated funds to a program for which they weren't appropriated is illegal. Period.
This is the sort of thing one's taught in fifth grade social studies...It's in the same realm as Christopher Columbus, 1492 and the ocean blue....Or remembering that Jefferson wrote the Declaration. [1]

How does one forget stuff that was taught in the fifth grade? One doesn't forget that kind of stuff. Quite simply, one never learned it.

Note:
  1. Because, of course, if Adams were the one to do it, they'd have run their quill pens through it. LOL

1776 was the "Hamilton" of my youth. All the forms took field trips to NYC to see it on Broadway. It was one of the few times I recall not falling asleep on the way back from somewhere.

It is not about what the Trump Admin understands, it is about what Trump understands. He makes his stupid ass comments and you know his whole admin is like "oh fuck, not another one..."

Perhaps some in his administration. Unfortunately, I think most are just as stupid as he is.

hmmm. . . . I see your logic, but do try to remember, that is what he campaigned on, and the folks elected him to build.

AND. . . . collectively, the public does endorse his ideas by usually 2% to 4% more than the corrupt priorities of congress.

The public is sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place. Congress won't do what they elected them to do, yet the President has his hands tied and can't do what he was elected to do. . .

Yet, this year just like every other year, incumbents in Congress will win reelection at greater than a 95% rate...

he did not campaign on OUR money being used to pay for the wall. he has a minimal support in the country. the majority of the country thinks he's an incompetent embarrassing loon. remember that.

either way,... it's not what the money is allocated for. if congress wanted it to be allocated for that, it would have been -- Donald's tantrump notwithstanding.

as for congress being unpopular, that's true. but most people are ok with their OWN congress member. it's the other guys' that they hate.

remember that.

Is that how you remember it? I recall he campaigned on Mexico paying for the wall while all his supporters chanted such. It's like saying, "I will start my own business and make a billion dollars. Screw that, it's too hard, just give me a billion dollars for free." See, I never changed my views or statements. lol

Is that how you remember it? I recall he campaigned on Mexico paying for the wall while all his supporters chanted such. It's like saying, "I will start my own business and make a billion dollars. Screw that, it's too hard, just give me a billion dollars for free." See, I never changed my views or statements. lol

it's also like the Donald saying he'd finance his own campaign and then using GOP and PAC money to fund it...

he did not campaign on OUR money being used to pay for the wall. he has a minimal support in the country. the majority of the country thinks he's an incompetent embarrassing loon. remember that.

either way,... it's not what the money is allocated for. if congress wanted it to be allocated for that, it would have been -- Donald's tantrump notwithstanding.

as for congress being unpopular, that's true. but most people are ok with their OWN congress member. it's the other guys' that they hate.

remember that.

I have no qualms with anything you have wrote.

If you were more acquainted with his ideas and plans, you would understand how he eventually plans to put all that money back into the collective budget.

For myself? I make take no position as to the validity of such plans.

it's also like the Donald saying he'd finance his own campaign and then using GOP and PAC money to fund it...
Listen, for us folks that are independent/ in the middle, don't even go there.

We looked at the funding source of Trump and Clinton.

He didn't even compare to the corruption of the Clinton's slush fund/pay to play/money laundering operation.

remember that.

If you were more acquainted with his ideas and plans, you would understand how he eventually plans to put all that money back into the collective budget.

he has no plans. he makes it up as he goes along.

and you can't use our budget to borrow from. it isn't how it works. the government. perhaps the fact that Donald acts like he's never had a civics lesson makes him think he can do those things.

by the by, if he were to "borrow" money from the military budget and later put it back -- it would still be put back from our money.

and as the former president of mexico said "we're not paying for his (expletive deleted) wall".

He didn't even compare to the corruption of the Clinton's slush fund/pay to play/money laundering operation.

er... that's false.

or do you think after years of investigations they found nothing for no reason?

Why is anyone talking about this business of paying for Trump's wall using DoD funding? I realize Trump probably has no idea of what an appropriation is and what are the implications of the appropriations process. What makes no sense to me is why anyone else is talking about it, beyond noting that to redirect appropriated funds to a program for which they weren't appropriated is illegal. Period.
This is the sort of thing one's taught in fifth grade social studies...It's in the same realm as Christopher Columbus, 1492 and the ocean blue....Or remembering that Jefferson wrote the Declaration. [1]

How does one forget stuff that was taught in the fifth grade? One doesn't forget that kind of stuff. Quite simply, one never learned it.

Note:
  1. Because, of course, if Adams were the one to do it, they'd have run their quill pens through it. LOL

1776 was the "Hamilton" of my youth. All the forms took field trips to NYC to see it on Broadway. It was one of the few times I recall not falling asleep on the way back from somewhere.

Of course they don't understand. Remember when Trump first said Healthcare legislation and Infrastructure legislation were the easiest things to do in the world? But then they weren't.

You, too, can be a millionaire and not pay taxes! How? First, get a million dollars. Then don't pay your taxes. -Steve Martin

You, too, can be a millionaire and not pay taxes! How? First, get a million dollars. Then don't pay your taxes. -Steve Martin
LOL

remember that.

he has no plans. he makes it up as he goes along.

and you can't use our budget to borrow from. it isn't how it works. the government. perhaps the fact that Donald acts like he's never had a civics lesson makes him think he can do those things.

by the by, if he were to "borrow" money from the military budget and later put it back -- it would still be put back from our money.

and as the former president of mexico said "we're not paying for his (expletive deleted) wall".
Sure, w/e.

As if anyone really knows how it works.

Has Our Government Spent $21 Trillion Of Our Money Without Telling Us?

Army Finds $830 Million In "Missing" Helicopters As First Ever Audit Begins

er... that's false.

Inside Hillary Clinton’s Secret Takeover of the DNC

Feds actively investigating Clinton Foundation - CNNPolitics

Clinton Campaign and Democratic Party Helped Pay for Russia Trump Dossier

er... that's false.

Inside Hillary Clinton’s Secret Takeover of the DNC

Feds actively investigating Clinton Foundation - CNNPolitics

Clinton Campaign and Democratic Party Helped Pay for Russia Trump Dossier
Yes. I've heard all of Putin's propaganda aimed at easily influenced minds and repeated by the corrupt right-wing media. Cheer up though. Putin loves you.

Note:

I would of gone to see the show, until they decided to attack the VP.

I've probably seen over 100 broadway shows. it was the best show I've ever seen.

and they didn't "attack" the vice president. the vice president wasn't offended by the cast members saying they appreciated him being at the show but asked him to please remember that he represents everyone in this country. there was nothing offended.

the only one pretend offended was the orange internet troll who started ranting and raving about it because his "base" likes that.

if you miss the show, no problem... more tickets for me. I've seen it twice. *shrug*

It takes a special kind of gullibility to believe they didn't criticize him.

it takes a special kind of stupidity to think he can take money from the defense budget for his wall

Note:

I've probably seen over 100 broadway shows. it was the best show I've ever seen.

and they didn't "attack" the vice president. the vice president wasn't offended by the cast members saying they appreciated him being at the show but asked him to please remember that he represents everyone in this country. there was nothing offended.

the only one pretend offended was the orange internet troll who started ranting and raving about it because his "base" likes that.

if you miss the show, no problem... more tickets for me. I've seen it twice. *shrug*

it takes a special kind of stupidity to think he can take money from the defense budget for his wall

Right? I guess the American Military are now considered Mexico by conservatives. It's laughable how gullible they are. lol

Note:

Obama demonstrated that he can.

There's no link for your image....where's the source of the data? [You know I don't really care; I'm making a point and you should know what it is.]

do try to remember, that is what he campaigned on, and the folks elected him to build.
  • What he campaigned on and what Congress appropriates for Executive Branch spending are two completely different things. He asked for the money, Congress said, "No."
  • Then Trump could spend his billions to build it or he could initiate a private fundraising effort to finance it or, better still, he could get the money from Mexico like he said he would.

the public does endorse his ideas by usually 2% to 4% more than the corrupt priorities of congress.
I have never seen any survey results in which were compared the public's approbation of, as pertains to this thread, spending U.S. taxpayer money to build "Trump's Wall," with anyone's corrupt priorities, be they Congress' or someone else's.

the President has his hands tied and can't do what he was elected to do. . .
Tied to what? There're a "million and one" things he needs to get accomplished. There are plenty in his "Contract with the American Voter" that remain unachieved. He should move on to something new or try again to repeal and replace O-care, which is something else that still incomplete.

Yeah, I remember hearing something about that in passing last night in the radio, I thought it maybe it was a threat, or he was joking.

Then I thought of all the trillions that goes missing in the DoD budget, and thought, well, if the administration actually did an decent audit, they could probably squeeze the money out of there if they wanted to.

Let's face it, this isn't about the money, it's is hidden away in the wasteful budget, we are already spending it. . . .
This is about the fact that certain groups just don't want it built.

If he does build it with the money we are already spending via some creative accounting, they will probably move to impeach. . . .

Even if he didn't cut anybody's pet programs or put anyone out of a job. Even if he provided hundreds of jobs, it all wouldn't matter and provided increased security. . . .

The simple fact is, they don't want secure borders, and THAT is the honest reality of the situation.
Then I thought of all the trillions that goes missing in the DoD budget, and thought, well, if the administration actually did an decent audit, they could probably squeeze the money out of there if they wanted to.
What part of the word "appropriation" do you not understand, even after I provided links to two sites that explain how they work and the limits on how appropriated funds can be used?

Here again are the links:
And here's an excellent additional one that was going to embed below, but it's too good a document for that.
If the administration performed an audit, every penny "squeezed out" would have to be spent on a Congressionally appropriated program in accordance with the stipulations of the legislation that appropriated the money. The reasons for that are: separation of powers [1] and power of the purse. Those two existential traits of our government combine such that Congress gets to:
  • Define the total extent of spending the Executive Branch may undertake.
  • Define the nature of activities on which the Executive Branch may spend the money.
  • Define the extent per activity that the Executive Branch may spend the money. Taking a look at an appropriations bill (omnibus or regular appropriation), one find that Congress appropriates at a surprisingly low level of detail. That is what it is, however, for theirs is the authority to do so.

Note:
  1. The following is a very intriguing editorial about the separation of powers: The Rise and Fall of the Separation of Powers.

since it is an omnibus rather than a regular budget, the president has the authority for discretionary spending.

and lookie lookie, obummer did the same thingy. you all are a fking bunch of hypocrites. fk you're all anti fking american. sorry, that's just all that can be said to rant at something your guy did. my god fk off.

What is an "Omnibus Spending Bill" and Why is it Different than What You Think? - Uncle Sam's Misguided Children

"Does the President have “discretionary” power over the funds in the Omnibus Bill? Yes

Presidents can use their INFLUENCE over any items that have been appropriated, depending on the agencies involved. Obama used his to influence spending in agencies that were advancing his agenda. In short, there is little information to tell us how appropriated money is actually spent. But there are still some rules."

Hello mther fking wall.

Forum List

Back