Does your God have limitations?

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
I'm interested to know about what you perceive your God's limitations to be (if any).

The all knowing AND all powerful God description seems to defy logic, but if your God can be illogical..... then I suppose that's fine;....however, if it's fine ........you're admitting that the Laws of Logic are not absolute as they can be broken by your God.

Many explain away paradoxes as "we're too small and ignorant to understand."

I accept that answer, but Im not interested in it if it's yours, as the conversation ends there. Im interested in folks who believe their God has limitations or not, and if not ~ if they can logically explain away all of the paradoxes this causes without invoking ignorance.

A God cant be logically consistent if it's all knowing and all powerful. By virtue of being all knowing, it doesnt have the power to make itself "not know" something. By virtue of being all powerful, it has to posess the power to make itself not all knowing.

In logic, "A" cannot equal "not A."

In Christian Apologetics, God's mind IS the Laws of logic, and they cannot be broken. This implies a limitation; however, it's not accounted for.

Also in Christian Apologetics, "knowledge" is necessarily derivative of God; however, with an all powerful God.....knowledge (defined by apologetics as "justified, true belief") is impossible by virtue of an all power God's ability to negate any experiences you might have. If he even has the POWER to make you incorrect, about ANYTHING, none of your beliefs can be logically justified.

I'm interested to know about what you perceive your God's limitations to be (if any).
God can't laugh. You can't tell him a joke he's never heard or surprise him in any way. I feel bad for him since that is such an important aspect of being human.

God can't laugh. You can't tell him a joke he's never heard or surprise him in any way. I feel bad for him since that is such an important aspect of being human.
That's funny in and of itself ~ and could open up a tangential discussion regarding free will. Not opening that can just yet.

None. God created everything great and awful.
Do you want to discuss any of the paradoxes this creates, or are you in the "humans do not possess the ability to explain these paradoxes" category?

If the abrahamic god doesnt have limitations, is all knowing, why does he create failure?
Perhaps as a negligible (in terms of ultimacy) side-effect of granting free will, if there is such a thing.

Negligible meaning ~ maybe in the perfect mind, the Pros far outweigh the Cons when it all plays out.

If the abrahamic god doesnt have limitations, is all knowing, why does he create failure?
Perhaps as a negligible (in terms of ultimacy) side-effect of granting free will, if there is such a thing.

Negligible meaning ~ maybe in the perfect mind, the Pros far outweigh the Cons when it all plays out.
But doesnt it contradict being all knowing and no limitations? Even while using "free will" as an excuse?

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
None. God created everything great and awful.
Do you want to discuss any of the paradoxes this creates, or are you in the "humans do not possess the ability to explain these paradoxes" category?
I'm in the "humans do not possess the ability" category. I believe there is a creator of the universe and that religions are humans attempts to explain this creation. I'm a Deist

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

But doesnt it contradict being all knowing and no limitations? Even while using "free will" as an excuse?
It's a limitation of free will, so a limitation on God in the sense that it created said free will ~ however, we can only logically even CALL it a limitation if "failures" aren't intended (i.e. not ACTUALLY failures, but only perceived that way without full knowledge of the eternal picture).

The all knowing AND all powerful God description seems to defy logic, but if your God can be illogical..... then I suppose that's fine;....however, if it's fine ........you're admitting that the Laws of Logic are not absolute as they can be broken by your God.

I accept that answer, but Im not interested in it if it's yours, as the conversation ends there. Im interested in folks who believe their God has limitations or not, and if not ~ if they can logically explain away all of the paradoxes this causes without invoking ignorance.
When I lived in Saudi Arabia, I found out Allah was NOT all powerful or all knowing. How do I know this you ask? Let me tell you from experience.
When flying into or out of Saudi Arabia on Saudia Airlines, the people would put their Arabic clothes on when entering Saudi Air Space, and when leaving taking the clothes off when exiting. Thus Allah is only powerful in Saudi Arabia.

While in Egypt, a major majority Moooslim country, when a Saudi Citizen went there, in the Hilton Hotels, the Saudi's would order pork with their meals, thus eating an animal many times smarter than they were, but again Allah couldn't see them breaking Mohammad's law, "thou shalt not eat any animal smarter than you".

Funny about question , "Does your God have limitations?" Who created the universe? If there is no God why don't we look more like a Picasso Picture randomly being put together, but instead have an Symmetrical and Logical creation?
Picasso, Random event............Mona Lisa.....Intelligent design
thJGMR5XWP.jpg mona_lisa_davinci_d_v_1_by_s_creighton_by_screighton-d8hg7bc.jpg

When I lived in Saudi Arabia, I found out Allah was NOT all powerful or all knowing. How do I know this you ask? Let me tell you from experience.
When flying into or out of Saudi Arabia on Saudia Airlines, the people would put their Arabic clothes on when entering Saudi Air Space, and when leaving taking the clothes off when exiting. Thus Allah is only powerful in Saudi Arabia.

While in Egypt, a major majority Moooslim country, when a Saudi Citizen went there, in the Hilton Hotels, the Saudi's would order pork with their meals, thus eating an animal many times smarter than they were, but again Allah couldn't see them breaking Mohammad's law, "thou shalt not eat any animal smarter than you".

Funny about question , "Does your God have limitations?" Who created the universe? If there is no God why don't we look more like a Picasso Picture randomly being put together, but instead have an Symmetrical and Logical creation?
Picasso, Random event............Mona Lisa.....Intelligent design
View attachment 173512 View attachment 173514
I dont find those why not questions to be strong arguments for creation ~ but thats another thread.

Thanks for the story!! Cool that you adventured over there.

No.

No.
And the logical paradoxes...

inexplicable?

No.

inexplicable?
Purposeful.
The physical and metaphysical meet after 80 or so years of dispelling one’s ego.

No.

inexplicable?
Purposeful.
The physical and metaphysical meet after 80 or so years of dispelling one’s ego.
Are they able to be explained or arent they ~ to clarify?

No.

inexplicable?
Purposeful.
Are they able to be explained or arent they ~ to clarify?
Yes...but you have to understand the underlying concepts of words and the letters they are compromised of.
YouTube has many videos on Kabalah that introduce these concepts step by step.

It's a limitation of free will, so a limitation on God in the sense that it created said free will ~ however, we can only logically even CALL it a limitation if "failures" aren't intended (i.e. not ACTUALLY failures, but only perceived that way without full knowledge of the eternal picture).
There are some rabbinic opinions that free will does not manifest itself in action but in our attitude towards the situations in which we are placed.

Forum List

Back