Dogs Are Not People

Dogs and cats are sentient beings. It is characteristic of the class Mammalia.

You have to get low on the bird rungs and into fishes before you get non-sentient animals.

Therefore, it is important to take good care of their companion animals, since dogs and cats cannot survive well.or long out on their own.

If some have more resources to direct to their pets, more power to them.

Regards from Rosie

You have to get low on the bird rungs and into fishes before you get non-sentient animals.

Therefore, it is important to take good care of their companion animals, since dogs and cats cannot survive well.or long out on their own.

Regards from Rosie

I love dogs.

But you don't know what the word "sentient" means.

D

Regards from Rosie

I love dogs.

But you don't know what the word "sentient" means.

Dogs and cats feel happiness, fear, boredom, anger, and many other forms of sentience. And they are aware of doing so and aware of the differences between many kinds of feelings.

Plus being able to interpret human emotions, as well.

In the latter respect, pets are better than many husbands.

Regards from Rosie

It bothers me because people are losing their minds spending $ on dogs when it could be helping people and the world....

I'm not saying they don't have a RIGHT to do it, it's just DUMB!
Spending money on one's dogs isn't dumb at all. They're family members. They give us comfort, care about our well being, and love us when no one else seems to. I can have a horrible day and still come home to my dog and get love and affection without judgement. They also work their ass off for those who having working dogs. They're smart--mostly--and can learn many things when well taken care of. If you're trapped in a building, it'll likely be a dog who's going to locate your sorry ass. Ask all those handicapped folks who utilize a guide dog to help them throughout the day how they feel about their dog. Human beings have had dogs for companions and assistants for thousands of years. This happened for a good reason: they're great at what they do.
Now, cats on the other hand... :dunno:

Hello!? They aren't! If I hear a prayer request for another dog at church I will lose it!

Methinks you may have lost "it" already. Most dog owners believe the family dog is a member of the family and in fact it is. Why do you care what makes someone feel better? Are you a callous conservative?

Because, as someone said, they are "easier" to love. It's a DOG! An animal, and it will be just as happy with dry dog food and an occasional "bath" as with expensive grooming, people food etc. People just have too much money on their hands - and throw it away...

Am I wrong to infer from this ^^^ post that your church requires payment for prayer requests?

No I just went off on a tangent (referring to dog hotels etc.) the praying for pets is just stupid. pets don't have souls.
Neither do people.

Well we disagree (obviously)

It bothers me because people are losing their minds spending $ on dogs when it could be helping people and the world....

I'm not saying they don't have a RIGHT to do it, it's just DUMB!
My dogs are members of my family.

Other than my wife they are the best members of my family.

Hello!? They aren't! If I hear a prayer request for another dog at church I will lose it!

Are numerous commandments to take care of animals. So a prayer on behalf of one doesn't seem at odds with anything.

"Judaism places great stress on proper treatment of animals. Unnecessary cruelty to animals is strictly forbidden, and in many cases, animals are accorded the same sensitivity as human beings. This concern for the welfare of animals is unusual in Western civilization. Most civilized nations did not accept this principle until quite recently; cruelty to animals was not outlawed until the 1800s, and even now it is not taken very seriously.

In the Bible, those who care for animals are heroes, while those who hunt animals are villains. Jacob, Moses and King David were all shepherds, people who cared for animals (Gen. 30, Ex. 31, I Sam. 17). A traditional story tells that Moses was chosen for his mission because of his skill in caring for animals. "The Holy One, Blessed Be He, said 'Since you are merciful to the flock of a human being, you shall be the shepherd of My flock, Israel.'" Likewise Rebecca was chosen as a wife for Isaac because of her kindness to animals. When Abraham's servant asked for water for himself, she volunteered to water his camels as well, and thereby proved herself a worthy wife (Gen. 24)."
Judaism 101 Treatment of Animals
Also that's why animal are made kosher the way they are.

The killing of cows and chickens are designed to make painless for the animals or as painless as possible.

No soul??

Puppy_2.jpg

Nope.

Doesn't need one.

But, neither do people.

Really. "Souls" - what a weird superstition.

Forum List

Back