DOJ Inspector General Has Finished FISA Abuse Investigation

The report pretty much shows that it was abuse of the FISA court.

The report shows that the Steele Dosseir had "substantial inaccuracies" and those inaccuracies are what the FISA warrant was based on, by agents swearing to it's accuracy.

So in other words, we already knew this stuff. The FISA warrant was not justified. You can't say it was justified and then say it was based on substantial lies.
Yup. They abused their power and illegally spied on the Trump Campaign and Administration.

“We did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the FBI's decision to seek [surveillance] on Carter Page,” Horowitz wrote.
I heard from a friend who, that heard it from another friend who, heard it from another friend who said the fisa warrant was treason. Obama must go to jail, unless he can prove he is innocent. That's how it works now, in liberal world.

Sounds pretty inconclusive. No bias but FISA abuse.
Well, what motivated the FISA abuse if it wasn’t political bias?

Nothing inconclusive at all.
You don't need motivation to make mistakes.

The IG report found mistakes being made but no evidence of bias playing a role in the investigation- more specifically the IG report specifically stated that the FBI had a reasonable basis to start the investigation.
Too many mistakes to be coincidental.
Apparently Barr and Durham disagree with the assessment.

As I've warned on many threads.......don't hold your breath on these...............

From what I've read they watered it down to say no bias.............the establishment covers its on............a few pawns will go down.................

Enjoy the show folks.............

The Uncovering – Mike Rogers’ Investigation, Section 702 FISA...

The Felony leaks are there............and have been known for quite some time.............NSA redaction can only be released by those with a need to know.........and if they leak it out then they have just committed a Felony..............

Anyone getting that information HAS TO SIGN FOR IT.............We didn't even need the IG report........It was already done by Admiral Rogers..............and with the FISA courts themselves................It is clear there that the FBI, and other agencies abused the living hell out of FISA...........to spy on others..........

Like I said..........ENJOY THE SHOW.

As I've warned on many threads.......don't hold your breath on these...............

From what I've read they watered it down to say no bias.............the establishment covers its on............a few pawns will go down.................

WELL. US Attorney Durham objects to IG findings on Russia probe origins in stunning statement.

The U.S. attorney who is conducting a wide-ranging investigation of the origins of the Trump-Russia probe released a rare statement Monday saying he disagrees with conclusions of the so-called FISA report — after DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz found in that review that the probe’s launch largely complied with DOJ and FBI policies.​

“Based on the evidence collected to date, and while our investigation is ongoing, last month we advised the Inspector General that we do not agree with some of the report’s conclusions as to predication and how the FBI case was opened,” U.S. Attorney John Durham said in a statement. . . .​

“I have the utmost respect for the mission of the Office of Inspector General and the comprehensive work that went into the report prepared by Mr. Horowitz and his staff,” Durham said. “However, our investigation is not limited to developing information from within component parts of the Justice Department. Our investigation has included developing information from other persons and entities, both in the U.S. and outside of the U.S.”​

As Horowitz has conducted his review of DOJ actions during the Russia probe, Durham, the U.S. attorney for Connecticut, has also been conducting a wider inquiry into alleged misconduct and alleged improper government surveillance on the Trump campaign during the 2016 presidential election.​

Durham’s ongoing probe has transitioned into a full-fledged criminal investigation.​

Meanwhile, Attorney General William Barr ripped the FBI’s “intrusive” investigation after the release of Horowitz’s review, saying it was launched based on the “thinnest of suspicions.”​

“The Inspector General’s report now makes clear that the FBI launched an intrusive investigation of a U.S. presidential campaign on the thinnest of suspicions that, in my view, were insufficient to justify the steps taken,” Barr said in a statement.​

Barr expressed frustration that the FBI continued investigating the Trump campaign, even as “exculpatory” information came to the light.​

The IG report is nice, but Durham is the one who can file criminal charges, so his opinion kinda matters here.

Or you can put it this way: The IG report is the whitewash, and it’s still pretty damning, but the prosecutor with power to bring criminal charges has now said he thinks it’s not damning enough. And the Attorney General seems to agree.

Screen-Shot-2019-12-09-at-6.11.27-PM.png

“SLIPPERY JIM” COMEY. Fusion Co-Founders Glenn Simpson and Jonathan Winer Refused to Talk to IG; James Comey and Former FBI Attorney James Baker Also Avoided Fully Testifying.

“Specifically, Comey and Baker refused to get recertified for a classification clearance, thus blocking the IG’s efforts to ‘refresh their recollection’ with classified documents.” Making it easier to say “I don’t recall” in response to every hard question. “And so Comey — the Straight Arrow Truth Teller — choose to avoid such efforts to get at the truth and keep himself without a security clearance.”​

Comey’s not a straight arrow. He’s crooked slime.

WELL. US Attorney Durham objects to IG findings on Russia probe origins in stunning statement.

The U.S. attorney who is conducting a wide-ranging investigation of the origins of the Trump-Russia probe released a rare statement Monday saying he disagrees with conclusions of the so-called FISA report — after DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz found in that review that the probe’s launch largely complied with DOJ and FBI policies.​

“Based on the evidence collected to date, and while our investigation is ongoing, last month we advised the Inspector General that we do not agree with some of the report’s conclusions as to predication and how the FBI case was opened,” U.S. Attorney John Durham said in a statement. . . .​

“I have the utmost respect for the mission of the Office of Inspector General and the comprehensive work that went into the report prepared by Mr. Horowitz and his staff,” Durham said. “However, our investigation is not limited to developing information from within component parts of the Justice Department. Our investigation has included developing information from other persons and entities, both in the U.S. and outside of the U.S.”​

As Horowitz has conducted his review of DOJ actions during the Russia probe, Durham, the U.S. attorney for Connecticut, has also been conducting a wider inquiry into alleged misconduct and alleged improper government surveillance on the Trump campaign during the 2016 presidential election.​

Durham’s ongoing probe has transitioned into a full-fledged criminal investigation.​

Meanwhile, Attorney General William Barr ripped the FBI’s “intrusive” investigation after the release of Horowitz’s review, saying it was launched based on the “thinnest of suspicions.”​

“The Inspector General’s report now makes clear that the FBI launched an intrusive investigation of a U.S. presidential campaign on the thinnest of suspicions that, in my view, were insufficient to justify the steps taken,” Barr said in a statement.​

Barr expressed frustration that the FBI continued investigating the Trump campaign, even as “exculpatory” information came to the light.​

The IG report is nice, but Durham is the one who can file criminal charges, so his opinion kinda matters here.

Or you can put it this way: The IG report is the whitewash, and it’s still pretty damning, but the prosecutor with power to bring criminal charges has now said he thinks it’s not damning enough. And the Attorney General seems to agree.

Hope he does................but I'm not holding my breath..........a WHOLE bunch of people need to be thrown under the jail here........

But I don't think they will do it.............they will frag some pawns for the show...........and that is all.

BECAUSE THE PRESS AND THE FBI ARE ON THE SAME TEAM, AND IT’S NOT AMERICA’S. The IG Report Is a Huge Blow to the FBI’s Credibility. Why Is It Being Treated Like Vindication?

The report chronicles serious wrongdoing with respect to the FBI's surveillance of Trump campaign advisor Carter Page, and is ultimately a damning indictment of the the nation's top law enforcement agency. All Americans should have serious concerns about the FBI's respect for constitutional principles, ability to carefully evaluate conflicting information, and its competency in general.

The IG report is a chronicle of massive government wrongdoing.

As Scott Shackford explained in his post on this subject, the report by Michael Horowitz found 17 "serious performance failures" relating to warrants obtained by the FBI through the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Amendment (FISA) courts for the purposed of monitoring Page. The FISA warrant, which was reauthorized three times, contained false and misleading information about Page. It omitted that he had previously disclosed his Russian contacts to a government agency; it overstated the government's confidence in the Christopher Steele dossier and ignored Steele's own doubts about one of his sources; it declined to mention that Page had said he and Paul Manafort had "literally never met"; and in general it ignored information that rendered unlikely the theory that Page was a Russian asset.

These are alarming failures. They undercut the government's position that FISA courts are a sufficient guardian of Americans' civil liberties, and that the FBI is capable of responsibly exercising the vast powers granted to it. No one should feel confident that a court would block the FBI from engaging in surveillance, even if the information was flawed or faulty.

It would also be terrific if Republicans could channel their momentary frustration about government surveillance programs into some sort of sustained pushback against civil liberty violations. Alas, the PATRIOT Act has been repeatedly reauthorized along mostly bipartisan lines.

“We did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the FBI's decision to seek [surveillance] on Carter Page,” Horowitz wrote.
I heard from a friend who, that heard it from another friend who, heard it from another friend who said the fisa warrant was treason. Obama must go to jail, unless he can prove he is innocent. That's how it works now, in liberal world.

Pres Obama doesn't have to prove his innocence. Trump has never had to and he is involved in how many investigations.

It would be good for our Republic if both Comey and McCabe, #1 and #2 at the FBI during this horrific abuse of authority by the FBI, could be jailed, but I'm concerned that the way our laws are currently written that they will be subject to administrative disciple, that is suspension and or write ups rather than felony charges.
I don't think either one will ever face a judge or jury. What may happen, as someone pointed out, is an administrative review which could result in their losing any benefits they receive from their positions at the time.

If Comey doesn't end up being charged with treason, we might as well just take treason off the books. That also goes for McCabe, Brennen, Strzok, Page, Clapper, Rosenstein, Weinstein and Mueller for starters. Later we can figure out if Obama, Clinton, Holder and Lynch are involved.

Forum List

Back