Domestic Terror Attack Thwarted in Minnesota: FBI

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
I'm sure the same folks who so vehemently condemned the religion of the Boston Bomber will see fit to go after the religion of this guy..

Domestic Terror Attack Thwarted in Minnesota: FBI - ABC News

Authorities thwarted what could have been a deadly domestic terror attack last week when they raided the home of a militia-linked Minnesota man, law enforcement sources told ABC News today.

Buford "Bucky" Rogers, 24, was arrested Friday after an army of federal, state and local officials raided his home and discovered a cache of weapons including a Romanian AK-M assault-style rifle, several Molotov cocktails and what investigators suspect to be pipe-bombs, court documents said.

Jeanne Cooney, spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Minneapolis, told ABC News this morning that authorities rushed to arrest Rogers to get him off the street before he could proceed with his plans for an attack.

I'm sure the same folks who so vehemently condemned the religion of the Boston Bomber will see fit to go after the religion of this guy..

Authorities thwarted what could have been a deadly domestic terror attack last week when they raided the home of a militia-linked Minnesota man, law enforcement sources told ABC News today.

Buford "Bucky" Rogers, 24, was arrested Friday after an army of federal, state and local officials raided his home and discovered a cache of weapons including a Romanian AK-M assault-style rifle, several Molotov cocktails and what investigators suspect to be pipe-bombs, court documents said.

Jeanne Cooney, spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Minneapolis, told ABC News this morning that authorities rushed to arrest Rogers to get him off the street before he could proceed with his plans for an attack.

It doesn't appear that this case involves someone carrying out an act for or in defense of a religious conviction, in contrast to Boston. Aren't you going a bit far afield? Besides, why defend Islam? Can't it do it itself?

Since Sallow posted it, I'm assuming that the guy was Christian.

Unlike Sallow and his ilk, I'll wait until I know more before passing judgement.

The left wing media has to lie in order to make a story. Fact is no attack was ever planned. Roger's was breaking the law but they will never make a case for domestic terrorism.

It doesn't appear that this case involves someone carrying out an act for or in defense of a religious conviction, in contrast to Boston. Aren't you going a bit far afield? Besides, why defend Islam? Can't it do it itself?

Generally, the MSM in this country seldom focuses on the religion of a terrorist, if that terrorist happens to be white and Christian. Most certainly, the religions of McVeigh, Koresh, Rudolph and Roeder factored into their violent acts.

The left wing media has to lie in order to make a story. Fact is no attack was ever planned. Roger's was breaking the law but they will never make a case for domestic terrorism.

:lol:

Let Padilla know that.

I think the Elephant in the room is "Jihad", Sallow. ;) That's what distinguishes between the 2 cases.

He had "pipe bombs" and firearms, therefore it is certain he planned to use them in a terrorist attack.

:lol:

Let Padilla know that.

He already knows. Hell the whole world knows not to trust liberal media.

He had "pipe bombs" and firearms, therefore it is certain he planned to use them in a terrorist attack.

He was a plumber he had pipe. If my house was raided now they'd throw me in jail. I have ammonia nitrate, pipe, and more firepower than most gun shops including full auto's.

illegally possessing firearms

He was a plumber he had pipe. If my house was raided now they'd throw me in jail. I have ammonia nitrate, pipe, and more firepower than most gun shops including full auto's.

What I am saying is that, while it indicates that he was arrested before and not lawfully allowed to have firearms, they say absolutely nothing regarding any actual "terrorist attack". What it sounds like, is that law enforcement and the media are using the incident to 1) push the domestic terrorist agenda 2) publically pat themselves on the back for saving the day.

what threats did he make ?? sounds to me like he is just a dumb ass who owned illegal weapons ....

I think the Elephant in the room is "Jihad", Sallow. ;) That's what distinguishes between the 2 cases.

Except that no terrorist organization, as far as we now know, was involved in the Boston bombing. Quite the contrary. The "usual suspects" have been distancing themselves from the act.

So why pretend it's part of a larger conspiracy? Especially since "lone wolf" attacks by Christians are categorized as such.

What I am saying is that, while it indicates that he was arrested before and not lawfully allowed to have firearms, they say absolutely nothing regarding any actual "terrorist attack". What it sounds like, is that law enforcement and the media are using the incident to 1) push the domestic terrorist agenda 2) publically pat themselves on the back for saving the day.

I agree with that observation.

Except that no terrorist organization, as far as we now know, was involved in the Boston bombing. Quite the contrary. The "usual suspects" have been distancing themselves from the act.

So why pretend it's part of a larger conspiracy? Especially since "lone wolf" attacks by Christians are categorized as such.

You don't consider radical islamist (sp) as a terrorist organization?

Generally, the MSM in this country seldom focuses on the religion of a terrorist, if that terrorist happens to be white and Christian. Most certainly, the religions of McVeigh, Koresh, Rudolph and Roeder factored into their violent acts.

Was religion the motivation?
What act of terrorism did Koresh commit?

Before or after he shot duly appointed officers of the law?

Forum List

Back