Donald Trump nominated a man with no space experience to be NASA’s second-in-command

It appears that Trump thinks this guy would be a better administrator than the former astronaut. I am unable to get outraged over it.

Well to be fair, I doubt this aide can do worse than the last one; who basically said "meh, we landed on the moon, no need for this anymore."

I'm willing to give the guy a chance/benefit of the doubt; maybe he has a passion for it? If he sucks/doesn't learn then he'll get canned and replaced.

I'm honestly not sure it matters at this point, I mean it does, but the gov seems to have let it (space exploration & investigation) go to private hands, and I'm not sure I mind that idea - I do think the private sector will do a better job with it (see Musk)

I really hate when shit like this happens. These jobs should be merit based.

Donald Trump nominated a man with no space experience to be NASA’s second-in-command

The White House announced today his intent to nominate James Morhard, a long-time senate aide with no experience in space technology, to be the deputy administrator of NASA.
Is is merit based.

Who s***s Trump's d**k the best.

Look at Rick Perry. Said he wants to end the department that handles our nuclear weapons and now he's in charge of that department. And he said he had no idea what they did AFTER he took charge.

Well to be fair, I doubt this aide can do worse than the last one; who basically said "meh, we landed on the moon, no need for this anymore."

I'm willing to give the guy a chance/benefit of the doubt; maybe he has a passion for it? If he sucks/doesn't learn then he'll get canned and replaced.

I'm honestly not sure it matters at this point, I mean it does, but the gov seems to have let it (space exploration & investigation) go to private hands, and I'm not sure I mind that idea - I do think the private sector will do a better job with it (see Musk)

You mean the Elon Musk who is about to go bankrupt because his cars are extremely overpriced and suck?

You mean the Elon Musk who is about to go bankrupt because his cars are extremely overpriced and suck?
Unlike Trump, Musk is actually a billionaire. Didn’t even need daddy’s company and inheritance to achieve it.

I'm am constantly astounded by some peoples stupidity. Electric cars are not space travel/exploration son, they're different things with different markets - and two completely different businesses...

Related:
In August 2008, SpaceX accepted a $20 million investment from Founders Fund.[72] In early 2012, approximately two-thirds of the company were owned by its founder[73] and his 70 million shares were then estimated to be worth $875 million on private markets,[74] which roughly valued SpaceX at $1.3 billion as of February 2012.[75] After the COTS 2+ flight in May 2012, the company private equity valuation nearly doubled to $2.4 billion.[76][77] In January 2015, SpaceX raised $1 billion in funding from Google and Fidelity, in exchange for 8.333% of the company, establishing the company valuation at approximately $12 billion. Google and Fidelity joined prior investors Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Founders Fund, Valor Equity Partners and Capricorn.[78][79] In July 2017, the Company raised US$350m at a valuation of US$21 billion.[80]

As of May 2012, SpaceX had operated on total funding of approximately $1 billion in its first ten years of operation. Of this, private equity provided about $200M, with Musk investing approximately $100M and other investors having put in about $100M (Founders Fund, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, ...).[81] The remainder has come from progress payments on long-term launch contracts and development contracts. By March 2018, SpaceX had contracts for 100 launch missions, and each of those contracts provide down payments at contract signing, plus many are paying progress payments as launch vehicle components are built in advance of mission launch, driven in part by US accounting rules for recognizing long-term revenue.[40]

----

SpaceX is widely believed to be one of the hottest stocks that investors can't buy heh

Unlike Trump, Musk is actually a billionaire. Didn’t even need daddy’s company and inheritance to achieve it.

Your TDS is getting out of control kido. Maybe you need a break from politics...

The man put a Tesla in space

Talk about class

Your TDS is getting out of control kido. Maybe you need a break from politics...
So Trump can hire incompetents with my tax dollars and never face accountability? No thanks, rube.

The man put a Tesla in space

Talk about class

It's pretty bad ass if you ask me. Good marketing too, can't blame him for trying to help his sagging car sales.

So Trump can hire incompetents with my tax dollars and never face accountability? No thanks, rube.

You don't have a problem with incompetents in the FBI so whatever. However, you're OT so I'm not going to derail anymore.

You don't have a problem with incompetents in the FBI so whatever. However, you're OT so I'm not going to derail anymore.
They were late to uncover the treason that elected Trump, but they got around to it eventually.

What do you believe that makes this post relevant?

Read Riding Rockets by shuttle astronaut Mike Mullane. He details NASA as a typical sprawling federal bureaucracy full of infighting, back biting, etc. that often gets things done in spite of itself. So IMO appointing someone to the number 2 slot who’s not steeped in that culture in favor of someone who will bring more of a business atmosphere to the agency is a good thing.

FYI...Mullane wrote that the very first shuttle test flight suffered a small o-ring leak that NASA then band-aided for years. Until the Challenger blew up killing all due to a faulty o-ring.

Of course Donald Trump nominated a man with no space experience to be NASA’s second-in-command

If Rick Perry didn't know the Department he runs handles America's nuclear weapons, a man with a degree, a man who wanted to get rid the department he runs not even know what it did.

Do any Republicans know what NASA or any department in the government actually does? Remember, Republicans think college is bad for America.

This is the problem with these people. They don't know anything. Look at them cheering dirty air and dirty water. Slapping each other on the back for taking us back to pollution because living in filth costs less.

I'm am constantly astounded by some peoples stupidity. Electric cars are not space travel/exploration son, they're different things with different markets - and two completely different businesses...

Related:
In August 2008, SpaceX accepted a $20 million investment from Founders Fund.[72] In early 2012, approximately two-thirds of the company were owned by its founder[73] and his 70 million shares were then estimated to be worth $875 million on private markets,[74] which roughly valued SpaceX at $1.3 billion as of February 2012.[75] After the COTS 2+ flight in May 2012, the company private equity valuation nearly doubled to $2.4 billion.[76][77] In January 2015, SpaceX raised $1 billion in funding from Google and Fidelity, in exchange for 8.333% of the company, establishing the company valuation at approximately $12 billion. Google and Fidelity joined prior investors Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Founders Fund, Valor Equity Partners and Capricorn.[78][79] In July 2017, the Company raised US$350m at a valuation of US$21 billion.[80]

As of May 2012, SpaceX had operated on total funding of approximately $1 billion in its first ten years of operation. Of this, private equity provided about $200M, with Musk investing approximately $100M and other investors having put in about $100M (Founders Fund, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, ...).[81] The remainder has come from progress payments on long-term launch contracts and development contracts. By March 2018, SpaceX had contracts for 100 launch missions, and each of those contracts provide down payments at contract signing, plus many are paying progress payments as launch vehicle components are built in advance of mission launch, driven in part by US accounting rules for recognizing long-term revenue.[40]

----

SpaceX is widely believed to be one of the hottest stocks that investors can't buy heh

Did I say anything about SpaceX? No, I did not dumbass!

I really hate when shit like this happens. These jobs should be merit based.

The White House announced today his intent to nominate James Morhard, a long-time senate aide with no experience in space technology, to be the deputy administrator of NASA.

It's ok. Ya'll elected a man with no job experience to lead the free world and build jobs. We see how well that went.

Forum List

Back