🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Donald Trump nominated a man with no space experience to be NASA’s second-in-command

Well to be fair, I doubt this aide can do worse than the last one; who basically said "meh, we landed on the moon, no need for this anymore."

I'm willing to give the guy a chance/benefit of the doubt; maybe he has a passion for it? If he sucks/doesn't learn then he'll get canned and replaced.

I'm honestly not sure it matters at this point, I mean it does, but the gov seems to have let it (space exploration & investigation) go to private hands, and I'm not sure I mind that idea - I do think the private sector will do a better job with it (see Musk)

You mean the Elon Musk who is about to go bankrupt because his cars are extremely overpriced and suck?

I'm am constantly astounded by some peoples stupidity. Electric cars are not space travel/exploration son, they're different things with different markets - and two completely different businesses...

Related:
In August 2008, SpaceX accepted a $20 million investment from Founders Fund.[72] In early 2012, approximately two-thirds of the company were owned by its founder[73] and his 70 million shares were then estimated to be worth $875 million on private markets,[74] which roughly valued SpaceX at $1.3 billion as of February 2012.[75] After the COTS 2+ flight in May 2012, the company private equity valuation nearly doubled to $2.4 billion.[76][77] In January 2015, SpaceX raised $1 billion in funding from Google and Fidelity, in exchange for 8.333% of the company, establishing the company valuation at approximately $12 billion. Google and Fidelity joined prior investors Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Founders Fund, Valor Equity Partners and Capricorn.[78][79] In July 2017, the Company raised US$350m at a valuation of US$21 billion.[80]

As of May 2012, SpaceX had operated on total funding of approximately $1 billion in its first ten years of operation. Of this, private equity provided about $200M, with Musk investing approximately $100M and other investors having put in about $100M (Founders Fund, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, ...).[81] The remainder has come from progress payments on long-term launch contracts and development contracts. By March 2018, SpaceX had contracts for 100 launch missions, and each of those contracts provide down payments at contract signing, plus many are paying progress payments as launch vehicle components are built in advance of mission launch, driven in part by US accounting rules for recognizing long-term revenue.[40]

----

SpaceX is widely believed to be one of the hottest stocks that investors can't buy heh

Did I say anything about SpaceX? No, I did not dumbass!

I think you've gotten lost in the thread kid.

I was talking about Musk's SpaceX in my post, which has absolutely nothing to do with Tesla that you whined about.

Why not?

After all, America chose (twice) a president with no work experience.

Best Obama might submit in the present circumstance is his demonstrated experience as a life-long Space Cadet.

Last edited:
Well to be fair, I doubt this aide can do worse than the last one; who basically said "meh, we landed on the moon, no need for this anymore."

I'm willing to give the guy a chance/benefit of the doubt; maybe he has a passion for it? If he sucks/doesn't learn then he'll get canned and replaced.

I'm honestly not sure it matters at this point, I mean it does, but the gov seems to have let it (space exploration & investigation) go to private hands, and I'm not sure I mind that idea - I do think the private sector will do a better job with it (see Musk)

You mean the Elon Musk who is about to go bankrupt because his cars are extremely overpriced and suck?

I'm am constantly astounded by some peoples stupidity. Electric cars are not space travel/exploration son, they're different things with different markets - and two completely different businesses...

Related:
In August 2008, SpaceX accepted a $20 million investment from Founders Fund.[72] In early 2012, approximately two-thirds of the company were owned by its founder[73] and his 70 million shares were then estimated to be worth $875 million on private markets,[74] which roughly valued SpaceX at $1.3 billion as of February 2012.[75] After the COTS 2+ flight in May 2012, the company private equity valuation nearly doubled to $2.4 billion.[76][77] In January 2015, SpaceX raised $1 billion in funding from Google and Fidelity, in exchange for 8.333% of the company, establishing the company valuation at approximately $12 billion. Google and Fidelity joined prior investors Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Founders Fund, Valor Equity Partners and Capricorn.[78][79] In July 2017, the Company raised US$350m at a valuation of US$21 billion.[80]

As of May 2012, SpaceX had operated on total funding of approximately $1 billion in its first ten years of operation. Of this, private equity provided about $200M, with Musk investing approximately $100M and other investors having put in about $100M (Founders Fund, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, ...).[81] The remainder has come from progress payments on long-term launch contracts and development contracts. By March 2018, SpaceX had contracts for 100 launch missions, and each of those contracts provide down payments at contract signing, plus many are paying progress payments as launch vehicle components are built in advance of mission launch, driven in part by US accounting rules for recognizing long-term revenue.[40]

----

SpaceX is widely believed to be one of the hottest stocks that investors can't buy heh

Did I say anything about SpaceX? No, I did not dumbass!

I think you've gotten lost in the thread kid.

I was talking about Musk's SpaceX in my post, which has absolutely nothing to do with Tesla that you whined about.

Musk probably knows nothing about space, as he just runs the company. Why did you even bring him into the discussion in the first place?

NASA is continually screwed over in the budget process so it makes sense to appoint someone who is intimately aware of what goes on in Congress and how to overcome the roadblocks.

Forum List

Back