Donald Trump threatens to close Doonbeg resort, if wall not built

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
2014-10-19_lif_3624568_I4.JPG

Donald Trump at Doonbeg golf resort

Consultants acting for Donald Trump have warned that if the US billionaire doesn't secure planning permission for a 200,000-tonne 'wall' of rock armour to protect his Doonbeg golf resort, it risks potential closure.

The stark warning is contained in new plans lodged by the Trump International Golf Links and Hotel with Clare County Council for the construction of a €10m, 2.8km-long wall of limestone rock armour on Doughmore Beach at the golf resort.

The wall is being put in place to prevent the golf course from being washed away by future Atlantic storms.

Donald Trump threatens to close Doonbeg resort, if wall not built - Independent.ie

Trump goofed again by his vain effort to build the greatest golf course in the world in Scotland where golf evolved. Here in Ohio we call golf pasture pool.

2014-10-19_lif_3624568_I4.JPG

Donald Trump at Doonbeg golf resort

Consultants acting for Donald Trump have warned that if the US billionaire doesn't secure planning permission for a 200,000-tonne 'wall' of rock armour to protect his Doonbeg golf resort, it risks potential closure.

The stark warning is contained in new plans lodged by the Trump International Golf Links and Hotel with Clare County Council for the construction of a €10m, 2.8km-long wall of limestone rock armour on Doughmore Beach at the golf resort.

The wall is being put in place to prevent the golf course from being washed away by future Atlantic storms.

Donald Trump threatens to close Doonbeg resort, if wall not built - Independent.ie

Uh...that would be a bulkhead or seawall.
The shit they try and pass off as news.

If I were Ireland I'd let him close it. Ireland is a tax haven for the rich.

For starters I live about an hour from this course and there is a better course a half an hour up the road (Lahinch)...

Trump has pissed off the locals since he has got there. As usual he was said he was going to be huge and what we got is a good golf resort (was in a wedding there last year.) Actually the Trump branding in the hotel makes it very cheap looking... Gold Lettered 'Trump' all over a rustic Irish setting just doesn't sit well to me, but that is personal taste...

One think I will say is Trump doesn't endear himself to anyone in Clare. for a few reasons:
1. He has compalined about Windmills, bitched about endangered snails,... If he didn't like the location then clear off home... The rules of the area are clear, you have a golf course in a natural habitate. We are not letting you rip everything up cause you think you can...

2. The is a tradition in golf in Ireland that they lower the prices in the off season (and a few days in the summer) and let the locals play... Bigger and better courses than his does this in the area. I have played numerious world top 100 golf courses this way... Sorry this shows no class. He doesn't have to do it (it is his course) but don't come looking for our support when you don't....

3. He also doesn't support local competitions by letting competitions be played on his course. Again, he doesn't have to but again all the big boy courses do, if only a couple in the off season during the year. This is why his course gets the name of tourist trap rather than a real course.

4. He bought the Golf resort for a song. Peanuts on the dollar... Well done to him on that... But no one is going to loose there job if Trump packs his bags... He will sell it and there will be plenty of buyers and with a bit of some courtesy and the ablity to actually broker a deal a wall could be built...

The problem here is Trump is rude and treatening, don't do that in business in Ireland (actually I do a lot of business in US and don't do there either). Having some respect for the people you are dealing with actually goes a long way...

What Trump say about immirgrants is insultive to a lot of Irish by the way(especially in County Clare...)...

For starters I live about an hour from this course and there is a better course a half an hour up the road (Lahinch)...

Trump has pissed off the locals since he has got there. As usual he was said he was going to be huge and what we got is a good golf resort (was in a wedding there last year.) Actually the Trump branding in the hotel makes it very cheap looking... Gold Lettered 'Trump' all over a rustic Irish setting just doesn't sit well to me, but that is personal taste...

One think I will say is Trump doesn't endear himself to anyone in Clare. for a few reasons:
1. He has compalined about Windmills, bitched about endangered snails,... If he didn't like the location then clear off home... The rules of the area are clear, you have a golf course in a natural habitate. We are not letting you rip everything up cause you think you can...

2. The is a tradition in golf in Ireland that they lower the prices in the off season (and a few days in the summer) and let the locals play... Bigger and better courses than his does this in the area. I have played numerious world top 100 golf courses this way... Sorry this shows no class. He doesn't have to do it (it is his course) but don't come looking for our support when you don't....

3. He also doesn't support local competitions by letting competitions be played on his course. Again, he doesn't have to but again all the big boy courses do, if only a couple in the off season during the year. This is why his course gets the name of tourist trap rather than a real course.

4. He bought the Golf resort for a song. Peanuts on the dollar... Well done to him on that... But no one is going to loose there job if Trump packs his bags... He will sell it and there will be plenty of buyers and with a bit of some courtesy and the ablity to actually broker a deal a wall could be built...

The problem here is Trump is rude and treatening, don't do that in business in Ireland (actually I do a lot of business in US and don't do there either). Having some respect for the people you are dealing with actually goes a long way...

What Trump say about immirgrants is insultive to a lot of Irish by the way(especially in County Clare...)...

Insultive?

Insultive?
Insulting, Thanks for checking my grammar....

Insultive?
Insulting, Thanks for checking my grammar....

Oh i'm not done...
This is a little more payback for you brought to you by your lefty buddies who went total retard over a typo.

"What Trump say about "immirgrants"

Here's a double whammy to go with your first fuck up.....but dont blame me,normally I ignore shit like this,so you can blame your lefty buddies for your humiliation.

Forum List

Back