Donald Trump won every county in Pennsylvania....

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
(If results hold)....and yet, Cruz has 27 committed delegates from the state. Another 22 are uncommitted.

This is "the work" that Cruz's supporters espouse. This is the "fair process" that we're all supposed to respect because the "rules" allow this.

Source: Karl Rove on FNC (4/26)

Last edited:
Well, it's not the will of the people anymore. You have 27 individuals who will get to vote in their stead.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Well, it's not the will of the people anymore. You have 27 individuals will get to vote in their stead.

"Anymore "!? These ain't new rules.

The primary system is designed to consolidate the power of those who are in charge .

Anyone who thinks that the founding fathers envisioned an atruistic version of democracy is naive. They wanted a faux democracy to finance their wars and expensive lifestyles and to fill their armies.

Anyone who thinks that the founding fathers envisioned an atruistic version of democracy is naive. They wanted a faux democracy to finance their wars and expensive lifestyles and to fill their armies.

Well, they didn't want democratic elections for the president for this very reason.

(If results hold)....and yet, Cruz has 27 committed delegates from the state. Another 22 are uncommitted.

This is "the work" that Cruz's supporters espouse. This is the "fair process" that we're all supposed to respect because the "rules" allow this.

Can't wait to see if this Nazi gets elected and him forcing China into relinquishing all these low wage jobs back to America...LOLOLO....and we all know its not gonna happen his first term, so you nuts will have to wait until the year 2020, if that....I mean, Lord I hope this guy wins,....just to see white ingrates once again fall prey to dumb shit....you people are too insane for words...LOLOLOLOO
Really you are

You're an America hating douche bag.

Yo, if you can`t handle the Truth? Don`t vote!!!

"GTP"
7b350d0838ec2f06828333c13bf53a76.jpg

I don't have the info from Pennsylvania yet, but I looked at NY and found this.

In 2012 Dems got 4.3 million votes in NY. Republicans got 2.2 million.

In 2016 Clinton got 1 million votes out of 1.8 million and Trump got 500,000 out of 800,000.

Nothing seems to have changed. Trump's doing well in areas where the Democrats will do well, and not doing so well in areas where Republicans do well.

Listening to Trump's speech now!!!!

My My!!!!!another fantastic day !!!:clap:

Will you nuts promise, should Donald Dumb get elected, please promise to come back to these threads and explain to us how disappointed you are in all his un kept promises......Because this is what you nuts do...you stay on these threads praising these conservative gains you have and when they fall through...which is 99.99% of the time, you deflect and ignore us who warned you....Case in point...this last landslide you nuts haralded as being the golden grail of change.

So please promise us all, should this neo Nazi get elected based solely on white rage and white votes....and when nothing happens, please can we get a I told you so.......

Listening to Trump's speech now!!!!

My My!!!!!another fantastic day !!!:clap:

Will you nuts promise, should Donald Dumb get elected, please promise to come back to these threads and explain to us how disappointed you are in all his un kept promises......Becauseknowsis what you nuts do...you stay on these threads praising these conservative gains you have and when they fall through...which is 99.99% of the time, you deflect and ignore us who warned you....Case in point...this last landslide you nuts haralded as being the golden grail of change.

So please promise us all, should this neo Nazi get elected based solely on white rage and white votes....and when nothing happens, please can we get a I told you so.......
It's entirely possible.

I've been thinking about it lately and he does have the powers that be on his side. Any actual "right wing" parties get shunned by the media, yet theyve helped him every step.

And Ted Cruz's undemocratic shame in colorado? He destroyed his career with that. And someone put him up to it for sure.

maybe its just possible Trump really is in it for ego?

I know id love to stand down journalists who are trying to politically correct. Itd be awesome.

"GTP"
View attachment 73032

You're an idiot.

Can't wait to see if this Nazi gets elected and him forcing China into relinquishing all these low wage jobs back to America...LOLOLO....and we all know its not gonna happen his first term, so you nuts will have to wait until the year 2020, if that....I mean, Lord I hope this guy wins,....just to see white ingrates once again fall prey to dumb shit....you people are too insane for words...LOLOLOLOO
Really you are

Jibberish and racism. I presume you're a hardcore democrat.

"GTP"
View attachment 73032

You're an idiot.

Yo, Typical Mini Puppet response, nothing of substance!!!

"GTP"
460x (2).jpg

Please check your sources for how many delegates Senator Cruz has in Pa. It seems that Mr. Trump stands to get 56+ of Pennsylvania's 71 delegates. My source:

Trump shows a ground game; backs up big Pa. popular vote win with big RNC delegate haul

Trump shows a ground game; backs up big Pa. popular vote win with big RNC delegate haul

It turns out Pennsylvania was a "winner-take-most-delegates" state for Republican primary winner Donald J. Trump, after all.

If they live up to their collective word, Pennsylvania's newly-elected Republican National Convention delegation is going to be carrying at least 56 first-ballot votes for the New York businessman.

And that means the "stop Trump" movement lost a golden opportunity to gain some traction: Barring any political back-tracking, the GOP's frontrunner is now within 250 delegates of a first-ballot majority.

Here's why.

Most national delegate trackers on Tuesday night had Trump at 950 delegates - including only the 17 at-large votes he pocketed in Pennsylvania for winning the statewide popular vote.

But based on unofficial Pennsylvania vote totals - and what delegate candidates told PennLive, other news organizations and voters this spring about their intent - Trump's in line to get at least 56 votes of the state's 71 delegates at the July convention.

Maybe more.

And that would leave the GOP's frontrunner with 989 delegates as of Wednesday morning.

Here's the math.

Seventeen at-large delegates are committed to vote for the statewide popular vote winner on the first ballot. That's Trump, who had 57.3 percent of the vote with 98.7 percent of all precincts reporting.

Then, of the 54 people selected by voters in 18 distinct congressional district elections, 39 were either declared Trump supporters or have told voters they will support the top vote-getter in their district on a first ballot.

That's 30 delegate candidates the Trump campaign endorsed in the week prior to Tuesday's election; plus nine more who made top vote-getter pledges.

(Trump did appear to have won the popular vote in every Congressional district, based on unofficial returns.)

That still leaves 15 other elected delegates.

Three of them were declared Ted Cruz supporters. Kasich, a native of McKees Rocks, was shut out.

The last 12 are party leaders or activists who ran up-front as uncommitted delegates, bound only by their assurances that they will work to help the party nominate its best candidate in July.

About half of this last group are from districts anchored in the cities of Philadelphia and Pittsburgh where the Republican Party is largely an afterthought, and there was very little competition for the delegate slots.

Could some of that latter group vote for Trump at the convention? Absolutely, and that would only add to the 989.

Trump's opponents and what used to pass for the Republican Party establishment didn't see this coming earlier this spring.

Pennsylvania was supposed to be a bulwark for them on the primary schedule because of its antiquated delegate selection rules that technically do leave most of the state's delegates uncommitted at the convention.

But the fact is, on Tuesday Trump's popularity in the mid-Atlantic region and voter demands for accountability from delegate candidates drove a populist stake through the notion of some great bloc of Keystone State delegates moving as one unified force, with the power to sway the nomination one way or another.

And somewhere along the way, the celebrity candidate who has regularly barked about the nominating process being rigged, learned to shape his game to Pennsylvania's delegate selection rules quite well.

If the Republican convention goes to a second ballot, all bets are off.

As many as 26 of these Pennsylvania Trump delegates are participants in the political equivalent of a shotgun wedding and they could still bolt after a first ballot, to be sure. (It seems more likely that the 30 Trump endorsed delegates would stay in his camp.)

But going five-for-five in such convincing fashion Tuesday seems to put the Trump campaign on a track where there is a realistic shot to finish the deal.

There are 502 GOP delegates still on the table, and that includes bigger prizes like Indiana next Tuesday, where Ohio Gov. John Kasich has agreed to stand down in the hopes of boosting Texas Sen. Ted Cruz's chances of beating Trump in a one-on-one contest; and New Jersey and California on June 7.

A Trump count of 989 means he needs 248 to get to the 1,237 majority.

Assuming Trump wins New Jersey's winner-take-all primary (51 delegates) like he did in neighboring New York, Pennsylvania and Delaware over the last two weeks, he'd need 197 of the remaining states' 451 delegates to hit 1,237.

Some, like Cruz, argue that his campaign moves to more "favorable terrain" starting Wednesday, with states like Indiana and Nebraska on the near-term calendar. Of course, that's up to him to prove, now.

The point, for those Pennsylvania Republicans who have just spoken, is that if Trump stays on his current roll next week, you may never have to worry about that second-ballot delegate drift.

Forum List

Back