Dont believe the Conservatives and their Duckspeak

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
From Orwell's 1984

Duckspeak[edit]
Duckspeak is a Newspeak term meaning literally to quack like a duck or to speak without thinking. Duckspeak can be either good or "ungood" (bad), depending on who is speaking, and whether what they are saying is in following with the ideals of Big Brother. To speak rubbish and lies may be ungood, but to speak rubbish and lies for the good of "The Party" may be good. In the appendix to 1984, Orwell explains:

Ultimately it was hoped to make articulate speech issue from the larynx without involving the higher brain centres at all. This aim was frankly admitted in the Newspeak word duckspeak […]. Like various words in the B vocabulary, duckspeak was ambivalent in meaning. Provided that the opinions which were quacked out were orthodox ones, it implied nothing but praise, and when the Times referred to one of the orators of the Party as a doubleplusgood duckspeaker it was paying a warm and valued compliment.

— Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four
An example of a skillful duckspeaker in action is provided in the beginning of chapter 9, in which an Inner Party speaker is haranguing the crowd about the crimes of Eurasia when a note is passed into his hand; he does not stop speaking for a moment, or change his voice or manner, but (according to the changed party line) he now condemns the crimes of Eastasia, which is Oceania's new enemy.

Just think about that when they say Russia is good, nepotism is ok, asking for a case against someone to be stalled or going away. They Duckspeak the exact opposite.

Hillary could've shared sensitive info - Bad
Trump did share classified info - Good

Its easy. That's why there are so many threads that say Trump is the best thing since sliced bread with no explanation. Trump is winning threads only say he's winning and never can explain how. Liberals are liars is my favorite and when Trump lies those are just "Alternative facts" or "probable truths"

The trumpbots create the same adoration threads the obamabots created when he was president.

Hack

There were TONS of "Thank You Obama" ass kissing threads. Hell I bet the op even authored some himself.

Last edited:
If I build a business. Through hard work and inspired effort I have built something. What is wrong with handing it over to my children? Or for hiring Family if I believe I can trust that family? Let's say I win the lottery tonight. I decide to buy some houses and rent them out. It is more work than I can manage. So I look to add to the business. Add someone to payroll. If I have an adult son or daughter then I know them. I know they won't steal from me.

Parents want to hand things down to their children. It is natural and has always been the way the world works. It is how we achieve immortality. We pass on family heirlooms and stories. Sometimes it is just a tradition. But it is something the family passes on.

The richer the family, the larger the legacy.

Why is this wrong? I've never understood that.

The truth is that the kids will probably squander it. If not the kids then the grandkids. Again this is normal and routine. Stories of this go back to the Bible.

What was the classified information that Trump shared? From what I read it was that the terrorists are hoping to use laptops to house bombs. I wrote about it here.

FAA and DHS decide a massive fire in the cargo compartment of a plane is preferable.

I posted on the sixth of May. Trump met on the tenth. Did I reveal classified information?

The trumpbots create the same adoration threads the obamabots created when he was president.

Hack

There were TONS of "Thank You Obama" ass kissing threads. Hell I bet the op even authored some himself.

Another example of Duckspeak or even strawmen.

Everything is like every other thing...*Quack!*

The two ends can be so freakin' similar.
When someone has to generalize they tell general lies. Just quacking back that all of this is just like all of that is the silliest and laziest form of logic.
One of the many fascinating symptoms of being infected with partisan ideology is distorted perception.

I didn't say "all of this is just like all of that". I used not one, but two qualifiers: "can be" and "similar'.

I realize you may not see that, with your infection. But I thought I would point it out anyway. For those whose minds are open.

Sadly, there is no known cure for this infection.

Hack

I specifically stated there were TONS of similar posts/threads from the left. That does not mean they were all that way.
Can you read? Derp along now idiot

When someone has to generalize they tell general lies. Just quacking back that all of this is just like all of that is the silliest and laziest form of logic.
One of the many fascinating symptoms of being infected with partisan ideology is distorted perception.

I didn't say "all of this is just like all of that". I used not one, but two qualifiers: "can be" and "similar'.

I realize you may not see that, with your infection. But I thought I would point it out anyway. For those whose minds are open.

Calm down buddy, the comment wasn't about you. It was about who you quoted. Don't be so defensive.

Calm down buddy, the comment wasn't about you. It was about who you quoted. Don't be so defensive.
Sure it was.

Glad to help.

Hack

I specifically stated there were TONS of similar posts/threads from the left. That does not mean they were all that way.
Can you read? Derp along now idiot

Clever but it's still a generalization using the thesaurus as cover.

Forum List

Back