Don't Film In This African Country!

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.
🇲🇷 As a vlogger you are always a little nervous about filming in public. Occasionally people ask you politely not to photograph them, occasionally they throw vegetables at you, but nowhere is quite like the capital of Mauritania where filming yourself gets the locals screaming at you! What a bunch of Mauritanian madlads!

Fortunately the people got a lot more chill on the road to Nouadhibou.

That's funny. I've actually been looking into traveling there just because it's one of those off the beaten path places that doesn't get a lot of tourists.

What a shithole, if that is what you're after. Best part of the video was Elena.

There's a guy I follow on Instagram who visited every country in the world over ten years. He does several groups tours of various places every year now and Mauritania is actually the most popular one he does. He's done four or five tours there already. They go and camp out in the desert and visit some nomadic desert towns and on the way back to the coast ride on top of an iron ore train overnight. I've wanted to do the trip, but I have sleep apnea and can't sleep in a tent overnight with no access to electricity for my CPAP machine.

• Banned
Imagine this:

758493AA-FBC6-4B8E-AE9A-97CEE0696706.jpeg

There's a guy I follow on Instagram who visited every country in the world over ten years. He does several groups tours of various places every year now and Mauritania is actually the most popular one he does. He's done four or five tours there already. They go and camp out in the desert and visit some nomadic desert towns and on the way back to the coast ride on top of an iron ore train overnight. I've wanted to do the trip, but I have sleep apnea and can't sleep in a tent overnight with no access to electricity for my CPAP machine.
Now that sounds cool, because you are visiting nomadic desert towns, not shitholes like the one he stopped in. In those primitive conditions sleeping in a tent is like going on a camping trip. Dealing with any city life there would be like visiting Pakistan or other Muslim countries where they are suspicious of white people with cameras. Not worth the hassle, for sure, plenty of other more hospitable countries.

Forum List

Back