Don't worry about climate until you see stuff like in this photo

Robert W

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2022
This took place from 1933 to 1939. Man was climate then a problem. Imagine at sea having dust settle on your ship. So do not whine now it is too warm.

dust_bowl_promo.jpg

Did all those horse powered wagon trains carrying white settlers out west cause dust bowl? They didn't teach us that in school.

No, it was an example of mans poor land use. Learn at least some basic science.

Moron.

You figured that out yourself Skippy?
Didn’t just affect the farms, it impacted the whole country

Now, consider how grasslands affect the environment
Want to talk about swamplands next?

What they now call protected wetlands

Moron.
The Dust bowl was caused by tractors so says the article. I suppose they stopped making tractors back then.

Actually you should have read the actual article. It affected the eastern part by blowing dust. Clear out to the sea. But it did not do shit to western states. Tractors were put to work at the time and are blamed for the dust bowl.

Back in the late 50s through the mid 60s there was another prolonged severe drought impacting west Texas and parts of Oklahoma and eastern New Mexico. The dry land farmers--those who didn't irrigate--suffered greatly during that time, but they learned the lessons of the 30's. They knew if one field started blowing in strong winds, it would start affecting other fields. When the wind started blowing, the farmers were on their tractors turning the soil to minimize the dust blowing. If somebody's field started blowing and they couldn't reach him to take care of it, the neighbors would get out there and work that field for him. The drought passed and conditions returned to normal with all the topsoil still in place.

Back in the late 50s through the mid 60s there was another prolonged severe drought impacting west Texas and parts of Oklahoma and eastern New Mexico. The dry land farmers--those who didn't irrigate--suffered greatly during that time, but they learned the lessons of the 30's. They knew if one field started blowing in strong winds, it would start affecting other fields. When the wind started blowing, the farmers were on their tractors turning the soil to minimize the dust blowing. If somebody's field started blowing and they couldn't reach him to take care of it, the neighbors would get out there and work that field for him. The drought passed and conditions returned to normal with all the topsoil still in place.
I was then in CA and later in Germany and did not know about that. It seems per your story the dust was driven into the soil and larger chunks of earth were deposited on the top. I get how that works.

Dust Bowl was a major example of man’s impact on the climate

Moron.

The dustbowl had nothing to do with wetlands. Have you ever even been there or are you forever stuck in your mom's basement?

Rainforest has an affect on climate. Wetlands a very minor one if any at all.

Grasslands are a nice place for tornadoes to develop.

Once again, a WEATHER event. Not climate.

You claimed the dust bowl was man's affect on climate. That is not true. So, to try and deflect from your idiocy you marched out your army of straw men, and they failed you.

Because you ARE a moron.

I was then in CA and later in Germany and did not know about that. It seems per your story the dust was driven into the soil and larger chunks of earth were deposited on the top. I get how that works.
Not being a farmer I honestly can't tell you how it all works, but we were living in the far north Texas Panhandle during some of that time and almost all our best friends were farmers. So we were observing and listening.

Moron.

The dustbowl had nothing to do with wetlands. Have you ever even been there or are you forever stuck in your mom's basement?

Rainforest has an affect on climate. Wetlands a very minor one if any at all.

Grasslands are a nice place for tornadoes to develop.

Once again, a WEATHER event. Not climate.

You claimed the dust bowl was man's affect on climate. That is not true. So, to try and deflect from your idiocy you marched out your army of straw men, and they failed you.

Because you ARE a moron.

They fail to realize it was hot and VERY dry in the mid 1930's which help dry up the soil.

They fail to realize it was hot and VERY dry in the mid 1930's which help dry up the soil.
Compared to today, car traffic was really almost not existent out of cities.

But still record heat waves happened then. I do not recall Democrats blaming cars back in the 1930s.

Forum List

Back