Down goes DOMA!!

"so, you think that "under God" was added because we were paranoid about communists at the time?"

Of course.

Well, yes. The words were added by Eisenhower to separate the United States from the Godless communists. I remember it very well. It was in 1954.

The Pledge of Allegiance

In 1954, in response to the Communist threat of the times, President Eisenhower encouraged Congress to add the words "under God," creating the 31-word pledge we say today.

Eisenhower never imagined that someday the United States would be the Godless communists and the Russians be the God fearing Christians.

It's very simple.

Gay marriages can now file federal income tax returns. A gay spouse can collect Social Security survivor's benefits. A gay federal employee's spouse can be covered by employer-sponsored health insurance. So forth and so on.

That's all this is, folks. Dogs will not be sleeping with cats, the Earth won't rotate backwards, water won't run uphill.

That may seem like 'that's all,' but that's not all. Once judges take undue power and subvert democracy, the system starts to crumble.

The system is not hijacked, the Constitution is intact, and the great majority of the county is satisfied.

The small, and growingly less significant, social traditionalist far right can step off.

You can't tell others who to love or how to live their lives.

]
More Christian hate. Typical left wing drivel.

Since when was it natural for two men to stick each other COCKS UP THEIR ASS? Clue: it's not. It's unnatural, it's disgusting, it's perverted, it's a mental illness, and it's an abomination in the eyes of God.
That is from 007.

More Christian hate? We are not the ones trying to push our values on others, or deny someone a right due to those values. Read some of the hateful comments posted by so called Christians in this thread.
When we respond to the hateful posts by Christians, it isn't the left being hateful. We are responding to the bigotry on the right.
Stop trying to pedal your lies.

homosexuality is not a normal human condition, it is an aberation of the human condition.

Eating the daily recommended amount of vegetables is also abnormal. Very few people do so.

If we as a civilization choose to treat aberrant behavior as normal, then thats a decision that can be made by a majority of the citizens.

We are talking about morals of civilization and what our maker intended for us to do with our bodies.

Those who violate God's teachings, will have to answer for that at some point in time. If you don't believe in God, then I feel very sorry for you because your life is meaningless.

"Not normal" =/= "Wrong"

Homosexual is proving to be a very normal condition, that has been around for a long time.

And my life has no meaning because I am not a Christian? What gives you the right to make such a claim? Or the right to say what is natural for another human being?

Do you realize that men can physically/biologically get off through anal sex? While women cannot. If God created man, why did he only give men that capability?

perversion has been around a long time, that is true

perversion is your opinion.

Should my opinions decide your rights? I bet you bitch about Gun rights too.

so then sexual attraction has nothing to do with procreation?

Name one person or animal conceived by gay intercourse

PS I'm not a religious person, just stating scientific facts.

Yes, perversion

and it's your right to do that IMO

Just don't lie

Now does this allow the states individually to decide to accept or not accept gay marriage? BC I know NC just banned it last year...

It puts those states into a precarious position. It will take very little to get those archaic caveman statutes overturned.

Why not just ban the Bible and all churches? Why not make speaking the word "God" a crime? why not make praying in private or public a crime? why not ban silent prayer or thinking about anything related to religion a criminal act?

you assholes claim you want freedom and equality-----but you do not want those things for anyone who disagrees with your agenda.

"so, you think that "under God" was added because we were paranoid about communists at the time?"

Of course.

Well, yes. The words were added by Eisenhower to separate the United States from the Godless communists. I remember it very well. It was in 1954.

The Pledge of Allegiance

In 1954, in response to the Communist threat of the times, President Eisenhower encouraged Congress to add the words "under God," creating the 31-word pledge we say today.

Eisenhower never imagined that someday the United States would be the Godless communists and the Russians be the God fearing Christians.

"Imagined"......yes. Good word.

Reading this thread and the Abortion thread, I have realized many do not know what a democracy is, and that our country is a democratic republic, not a complete a democracy.. And for a very good reason.

perversion has been around a long time, that is true

perversion is your opinion.

Should my opinions decide your rights? I bet you bitch about Gun rights too.

so then sexual attraction has nothing to do with procreation?

Name one person or animal conceived by gay intercourse

PS I'm not a religious person, just stating scientific facts.

Yes, perversion

and it's your right to do that IMO

Just don't lie

So...legal marriage requires procreation?

Who wants to ban scriptures or churches?

14 people of 312mm people?

Grow up or step off.

]

Since when was it natural for two men to stick each other COCKS UP THEIR ASS? Clue: it's not. It's unnatural, it's disgusting, it's perverted, it's a mental illness, and it's an abomination in the eyes of God.
That is from 007.

More Christian hate? We are not the ones trying to push our values on others, or deny someone a right due to those values. Read some of the hateful comments posted by so called Christians in this thread.
When we respond to the hateful posts by Christians, it isn't the left being hateful. We are responding to the bigotry on the right.

except for the abomination part, quite accurate

The system is not hijacked, the Constitution is intact, and the great majority of the county is satisfied.

The small, and growingly less significant, social traditionalist far right can step off.

a majority of the voters in liberal california voted gay marriage down twice. a majority of the country opposes gay marriage. but, elections have consequences, unless the election goes against some liberal issue.

]

That is from 007.

except for the abomination part, quite accurate

Exactly my point.

Its hard to make the complaint about Christian hate, when the right agrees with hateful stereotypes and opinions.

Reading this thread and the Abortion thread, I have realized many do not know what a democracy is, and that our country is a democratic republic, not a complete a democracy.. And for a very good reason.

That's half the story. I realize that you don't understand the Constitution or don't want to understand it. I'm sure you're like a kid in the candy store right now. But careful. Once the system is subverted, it eventually affects everyone. Enjoy your shallow victory now. It'll come back later though.

a majority of the voters in liberal california voted gay marriage down twice. a majority of the country opposes gay marriage. but, elections have consequences, unless the election goes against some liberal issue.

Go back and read what Roberts said about private entities not having standing when the state won't defend what they want.

Fight Roberts, not me.

Go back and read what Roberts said about private entities not having standing when the state won't defend what they want.

Fight Roberts, not me.

I don't recall saying that I agreed with Roberts. What I said is that the will of the people of a state is being ignored in order to further a liberal agenda. I think that is wrong, if you think its Ok then I guess we will just have to disagree.

Forum List

Back