Down goes DOMA!!

So there we have it....Gay marriage isn't about equaaallllllityyyyy or loooooove....It's all about the Benjamins.

Like we already didn't know that.

how many straight couples are willing to give up THEIR Federal benefits?
There you have it, gang....All about the money, just like I said.

Oh Jeebus.

Marriage is far more damaged by our government paying women to have children out of wedlock than it is by gay marriage.

So there we have it....Gay marriage isn't about equaaallllllityyyyy or loooooove....It's all about the Benjamins.

Like we already didn't know that.

how many straight couples are willing to give up THEIR Federal benefits?

Considering the Federal Government wont be able to provide for those benefits, shouldn't have created such benefits, and shouldn't at all be involved in our married lives, yes, I have no problem giving up those benefits. Especially since we will likely never see it them.

It doesn't matter what a few leftist, corrupt Supreme's think.

The reality is that it's STILL is not marriage!!

And the reality is also that no matter what they "rule," Nature herself would never stack the deck against herself.

One other thing. By far, the most hate I have ever seen comes from the radical homosexuals.

Fact.

Suck on it.

The reality is, we are becoming the same kind of godless, soulless, nation we fought against a generation ago.

Good stuff. I am pleased when this nation manages to be progressive.

Lol its interesting seeing the dumb, outlandish things that come out of the mouths of the bigots on this forum. Pathetic.

only had that law in the place thanks to slick willy

Slick Willy indeed! He knew he was signing something that would not stand eventually. :clap2::clap2::clap2: The Right set themselves up for eventual failure constitutionally, and Slick Willy gladly said ok. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

so, clinton gets pass for signing it becasue he knew that what, 15, 17 years later the SC would see it partially his way? Thats some pretty specious get out of jail free card, you could apply that to anything.

He was Slick Willy indeed. He pulled the same with DADT. And I (and many others) predicted it back then. As to applying it to "anything"...not really...only very obviously badly written law. :D

Exactly. And that's because the Dumbocrat party has been hijacked by the communists that JFK fought against. Think about their entire agenda:

Take God out of society
Take the parent out of the home
Corrupt or distort the institution of marriage
Control the media
Control the school system and indoctrinate the youth
Collapse capitalism by intentionally creating debt and over loading the system

Sounds like Hitler's Germany.....

Well, except for the Homosexuals and Jews and Gypsys and Communists, etc. in the Death Camps part............?

Slick Willy indeed! He knew he was signing something that would not stand eventually. :clap2::clap2::clap2: The Right set themselves up for eventual failure constitutionally, and Slick Willy gladly said ok. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

so, clinton gets pass for signing it becasue he knew that what, 15, 17 years later the SC would see it partially his way? Thats some pretty specious get out of jail free card, you could apply that to anything.

He was Slick Willy indeed. He pulled the same with DADT. And I (and many others) predicted it back then. As to applying it to "anything"...not really...only very obviously badly written law. :D

the ole 'flexible' yardstick, available at stores that cater to democrats only......:rolleyes:

OK all you asshats, who I have supported over my few years here, can't bother yourselves to respond to my questions?

How fkn rude of you all!!
I wasted my time going back and forth between the live blog, which was wicked fast trying to post rulings as they came out here, while this page was whipping by at the same pace.

Last edited:
Edie Windsor gets her $363,000. back.

Who?

You're going to LOVE this one Warrior - she is a Canadian who was married in Canada. And now the U.S. has to recognize her CANADIAN marriage.

Which means when a muslim polygamist comes here with 13 wives, the U.S. must now recognize their marriage as well.

Great work libtards!

The U.S. recognizes legal marriages performed in other countries, Rotty. Mine was in CA. :D (haha)

I dunno. I think Slick went with the times. There was a time when it was accepted that blacks and whites getting married was not acceptable. Hugo Black evolved with the times. I think Slick was just trusting the general evolutionary trend that liberty slowly moves to allow people to do what they want so long as they aren't hurting anyone.

And if he hadn't passed DOMA and DADT back then, he wouldn't have had a 2nd term.

"And really. Get a grip. This is a distraction from the real issues damaging our country right now."

Nothing can distract me from the disaster that is Obabble.

Unintended consequences: We may have an explosion of "convenience marriages" to qualify for government benefits way beyond the original intentions and presumptions of these programs.

What ratio do we have of these now?

On the one hand, I see people say homosexuality is an unnatural perversion of a small minority, so it must not be tolerated. If it's such a small minority, how will "convenience" marriages be a material issue?

Marriage entails LIABILITIES as well as BENEFITS. A convenience marriage exposes one partner to the other partner's excessive credit card bills etc. Given the marriage penalty in the income tax - there is a deterrent regarding convenience marriages for higher income people. Lower income people likely already benefit from government transfer payments.

So, this is a red herring.

And really. Get a grip. This is a distraction from the real issues damaging our country right now.

Ah, the "distraction from the real issues" argument. Neither valid nor original, this is the hallmark of someone who is intellectually outgunned and desperately wants to change the subject.

Civil marriage was based on the presumption that children would emanate from this union, thereby creating permanent rights and responsibilities for the parties involved. Without this presumption, couples are free to enter into prenuptial contracts which eliminate almost all of the liabilities of marriage.

OK all you asshats, who I have supported over my few years here, can't bother yourselves to respond to my questions?

How fkn rude of you all!!
I wasted my time going back and forth between the live blog, which was wicked fast trying to post rulings as they came out here, while this page was whipping by at the same.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court cleared the way Wednesday for same-sex marriages to resume in California as the justices, in a procedural ruling, turned away the defenders of Proposition 8.

Chief Justice John Roberts, speaking for the 5-4 majority, said the private sponsors of Prop. 8 did not have legal standing to appeal after the ballot measure was struck down by a federal judge in San Francisco.

"We have never before upheld the standing of a private party to defend the constitutionality of a state statute when state officials have chosen not to," he said. "We decline to do so for the first time here."

Prop. 8: Supreme Court clears way for gay marriage in California - latimes.com

some folks don't read well, they are referring back to the state, and as seen above they didn't grant anything to anyone, they followed precedent and the law, I think they did the right thing.

Watch the far right reactionaries now talk about marrying one's goldfish, age consent laws, bestiality, polygamy, and other things.

And if he hadn't passed DOMA and DADT back then, he wouldn't have had a 2nd term.

He WAS a politician...thus the nickname "Slick Willy".

Forum List

Back