Doyle Brunson, ‘The Godfather of Poker,’ dead at 89

We wondered how long it would be before you obliquely told us about your gambling addiction .
Many failed ex gamblers swap to cultist belief systems in a desperate way to fnd certainty and that mythical wining system .Failed and lost gamblers .
Once you become strong you can throw away your crutches and actually start fresh living without any controlling slave maste dogging your every step .
Throw away your Royal Flushes and stand tall again .

For all poker fans, which I was one at a time; this guy truly was the godfather of poker. Played in an era long gone. RIP. Doyle Brunson, ‘The Godfather of Poker,’ dead at 89

He'll be missed! I haven't watched much since he retired along w/ other celebrity players signing exclusive contracts! I used to watch all the shows; Poker After Dark & High Stakes Poker! Negraneau's still out there, but he looks strange w/o all his close buddies like Antonio, Phil Helmut/Laak/Ivy, Annie Duke & her brother Howard Lederer! Taped many of the episodes! They were terribly entertaining until recently! :rolleyes: :omg::);)

Last edited:
He'll be missed! I haven't watched much since he retired along w/ other celebrity players signing exclusive contracts! I used to watch all the shows; Poker After Dark & High Stakes Poker! Negraneau's still out there, but he looks strange w/o all his close buddies like Antonio, Phil Helmut/Laak/Ivy, Annie Duke & her brother Howard Lederer! Taped many of the episodes! They were terribly entertaining until recently! :rolleyes: :omg::);)
I played Texas Holdem for about 20 years. It's fun but also a sad way to make a living. Gambling?

My brother and I hate celebrities who advertise for gambling sites. I feel like Jamie Foxx is suffering from Karma right now

Don't encourage him . A recovering addict needs to be led by the nose away from his nemesis .

I am hoping he takes up gardening or stamp collecting to keep away the headaches and bad memories from his past.

Doyle was a class act, and was an icon in the poker world. I still watch poker ocassionally but the current group of players are not very entertaining

Forum List

Back