🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Dozens Killed in Tribal Clashes in Libya

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
It's strange to hear that in this day and age tribes are still fighting each other.

Dozens Killed in Tribal Clashes in Libya

Reuters

Last updated on: July 21, 2015 7:20 PM

BENGHAZI, LIBYA—
Dozens have been killed in clashes between two tribes in the biggest city in southern Libya, officials said on Tuesday, as a security vacuum grew in a remote corner of the oil producer.

A power struggle between two governments fighting for control in the north of the desert nation has hit the poor south hard, hampering supplies of anything from fuel and food to central bank money as flights to Tripoli are halted.

Fighters from two tribes, the Tuareg and Tebu, have exploited a security vacuum to vie for control in a vast area that has been long neglected. Clashes broke out four days ago in a suburb of Sabha, said the city's mayor, Hamed Rafa al-Khayali.

Continue reading at:

Dozens Killed in Tribal Clashes in Libya?

It's like the Blood and Crip tribes in America

Libya is in Africa. Why is this in the Middle East forum?

What is the big deal? We have had plenty of articles about Egypt and articles about other countries in Africa such as Tunisia. There are African countries that are part of the Arab world. Don't you think the President of the Sudan considers himself as an Arab when he says he wants to get rid of all the Black tribes? I am sure that King Mohammed of Morocco considers himself an Arab. Maybe you can Google a Map of the Arab World and see just which countries are in it.

What is the big deal? We have had plenty of articles about Egypt and articles about other countries in Africa such as Tunisia. There are African countries that are part of the Arab world. Don't you think the President of the Sudan considers himself as an Arab when he says he wants to get rid of all the Black tribes? I am sure that King Mohammed of Morocco considers himself an Arab. Maybe you can Google a Map of the Arab World and see just which countries are in it.
The big deal is that Libya is in Africa along with the other countries you mentioned. No one cares what they consider themselves. The facts are that they are in Africa. This is one of the reasons people still think the ancient Egyptians were white.

The big deal is that Libya is in Africa along with the other countries you mentioned. No one cares what they consider themselves. The facts are that they are in Africa. This is one of the reasons people still think the ancient Egyptians were white.

I am sure you are a very nice Black man in person,but Is this thread going to descend into race? If you have a problem with the Arabs in Africa being talked about, then I suggest that you try to have all the numerous posts with articles written about what has happened and is still happening in the parts of Africa which are Arab. However, if you feel compelled to talk about race when people are being killed in Arab Africa in huge numbers, I suggest you take it to the Race forum or ask to have an Anthropology forum and talk about race there.

Indonesia Large Color Map

I am sure you are a very nice Black man in person,but Is this thread going to descend into race? If you have a problem with the Arabs in Africa being talked about, then I suggest that you try to have all the numerous posts with articles written about what has happened and is still happening in the parts of Africa which are Arab. However, if you feel compelled to talk about race when people are being killed in Arab Africa in huge numbers, I suggest you take it to the Race forum or ask to have an Anthropology forum and talk about race there.

My intention is not to have it descend into race. You asked what was the big deal and I told you. I'm not sure how Libya came to be the ME to you but I thought it was odd and commented on it. Gadhafi was going to start the Investment Bank of Africa not the Investment Bank of the Middle East.

My intention is not to have it descend into race. You asked what was the big deal and I told you. I'm not sure how Libya came to be the ME to you but I thought it was odd and commented on it. Gadhafi was going to start the Investment Bank of Africa not the Investment Bank of the Middle East.

Like I said,you had better attempt to get all those posts removed that refer to Arab Africa.

No comment on the map of the Africa Middle East and the countries involved.???

Like I said,you had better attempt to get all those posts removed that refer to Arab Africa.

I wasnt attempting to get anything removed. I was asking why you put a thread about a country in Africa in the forum for the ME.

What kind of comment were you looking for? The map attempts to make countries in Africa part of the middle east. Its about as ridiculous as making the US part of Canada.

I wasnt attempting to get anything removed. I was asking why you put a thread about a country in Africa in the forum for the ME.

What kind of comment were you looking for? The map attempts to make countries in Africa part of the middle east. Its about as ridiculous as making the US part of Canada.

Don't worry your head about it. I am sure that the Arabs living in the Arab countries in Africa prefer being called Arabs and not Africans. Surely those living in places like Morocco and Algeria do. By the way,you were the one who dragged race into this, or have you forgotten?

Don't worry your head about it. I am sure that the Arabs living in the Arab countries in Africa prefer being called Arabs and not Africans. Surely those living in places like Morocco and Algeria do. By the way,you were the one who dragged race into this, or have you forgotten?
I'm not worried. I just asked you a question. I dont care what Arabs living in Africa prefer to be called. The point is no matter what they prefer its still Africa regardless of if they are there or not. What made you think I forgot I brought up race?

Forum List

Back