Drink Recommendations...

For those suggesting wine... I would need some sort of more specific info on what is going to be a sweeter, fruitier wine. Most I’ve had over the years are too bitter or sour.

And at least once in your life you have to Boogie to ya puke.............Try it at a wedding coming up
I did it many years ago in my youth and I paid the price for it. It’s part of why I rarely drink now.
Welcome to the club....lol
Make me the sergeant in charge of the booze.
This threads been open what....less than an hour. All the board drunks waiting for happy hour...lolol

This is an easy drink to prepare, and is just a little tangy, but sweet.

Sidecar https://g.co/kgs/9tvwiX
That does look like an option for the weddings. Not a bartender myself so I’d have to see if I can find a mix for it at home.
My grandfather is a fan of rose wines
I’m not a big wine fan. Too sour/bitter most of the time. Thanks for the recommendation

Try a sweeter wine like Riesling, Gewürztraminer, white Zinfandel, or Moscato. These are very inexpensive and have usually between 7-10% alcohol, so you can have 2 or even 3 glasses without getting intoxicated. If you're not a drinker, I would avoid sweet cocktails, because you're usually getting a lot of sugar and a lot of alcohol at once the way most people mix them.

This is an easy drink to prepare, and is just a little tangy, but sweet.

Sidecar https://g.co/kgs/9tvwiX
That does look like an option for the weddings. Not a bartender myself so I’d have to see if I can find a mix for it at home.
My grandfather is a fan of rose wines
I’m not a big wine fan. Too sour/bitter most of the time. Thanks for the recommendation

Try a sweeter wine like Riesling, Gewürztraminer, white Zinfandel, or Moscato. These are very inexpensive and have usually between 7-10% alcohol, so you can have 2 or even 3 glasses without getting intoxicated. If you're not a drinker, I would avoid sweet cocktails, because you're usually getting a lot of sugar and a lot of alcohol at once the way most people mix them.
Johannesburg Riesling is a white wine and should only be served with Fish.

For those suggesting wine... I would need some sort of more specific info on what is going to be a sweeter, fruitier wine. Most I’ve had over the years are too bitter or sour

Cream sherry is sweet. The dessert wines, like pear, are also sweet. Not sure how much luck you'd have ordering them at a wedding, though.

Baileys Irish cream over ice is sweet and delish. Or a Black Russian (much stronger).

Many of you know that I’m pretty much a total non-drinker (alcohol). Recently my therapist and MD both suggested that I might benefit from a drink or two a couple times a week to reduce my stress levels. I’ve also got a quartet of weddings coming up this fall where drinking will not be optional.

So, I’m hoping the USMB community can help me find some things to fill these two needs:

Quick, easy evening/weekend drinks that will take the edge off without giving me much of a buzz.

Social drinks that I can nurse over a longer period of time without looking stupid or can have several of without getting much of a buzz.

I tend to prefer things that are sweet over sour, bitter or tangy flavorings. Any recommend at for either setting.
I’m surprised a therapist would recommend alcohol to take the edge off.

I’m surprised a therapist would recommend alcohol to take the edge off
We’ve known each other for a number of years. I have declined the medications offered. She thinks this is an option I can control without overindulgence.

Forum List

Back