Driver's license suspensions push poor deeper into poverty

No, it's often because a cop had a quota to meet. A common thing here is to ride 6" from someone's bumper, usually with hi-beams on. If they go a little faster, pull them over. (Every time I see that, I hope they do it to a guy in an old beater Suburban, and he STANDS on his brakes!)

....and they broke the law.

Driver apos s license suspensions push poor deeper into poverty report says - LA Times
I am really becoming a police hater. The functions of the police have been reduced to killing minorities, stealing working class people's money and protection of "property". I'm so "glad" we live in a society where I can walk the streets in constant fear of our so called protectors.
What is the nature of this fear?
750x422

The cops don't write the laws.

While I dislike fines on top of fines, a driver's license is a privilege. It's not a right. In some states you can have your license suspended for getting caught with drugs. I guess the best thing to do is check out what the laws are in your state so you know what your bitching about.

Speeders and DUIs and red light runners and text-drivers murder thousands of americans every year. Why do the crazies want them coddled?. Take away their license and it they still drive, lock up these deadly psychos.

Traffic violations should be based on income. The deterant effect is then equally applied to all.

Yes indeed. It should also be based on vehicle weight. A text-driver in a 6000 pound vehicle is far more deadly than the same criminal in a 2000 pounder.

Traffic violations are a cause of terrible injustice in this country. A $300 ticket to a 23 year old raising a kid might be the difference between getting groceries and paying for electricity; but To a wealthy person it's barely even a deterrant. They should change it to reflect income somehow.

Here's a solution. Don't speed and there is no ticket.

What about all the equality talk you lefties mention?

Traffic violations are a cause of terrible injustice in this country. A $300 ticket to a 23 year old raising a kid might be the difference between getting groceries and paying for electricity; but To a wealthy person it's barely even a deterrant. They should change it to reflect income somehow.
Easy solution, if you can't pay the ticket don't get one, it's not that hard just obey the traffic laws. :dunno:
That doesn't address my point. And most people who get tickets are generally doing their best to follow the law btw.

Sounds as if you're saying that when someone is caught speeding it's the first time they ever went over the limit.

Easy solution, if you can't pay the ticket don't get one, it's not that hard just obey the traffic laws. :dunno:
How is it an injustice to fine someone for violating a law they knew they shouldn't violate. Part of my job involves writing citations for those parking in the Fire Lanes in addition to other things. Wrote 4 today. Each time, the person in the care said they knew they shouldn't have done it but that they couldn't afford the $100 fine that came with it. They were quick to learn that if they don't want another $100 fine, don't park there again. My writing of those citations isn't based on income nor should it be. It's based on whether or not the person did it. PERIOD.

Ah here we have the type of conservative I was used to during the Bush administration. "If you don't have anything to hide" right? Nvm that the law completely fucks people.

Ah here we have the type of conservative I was used to during the Bush administration. "If you don't have anything to hide" right? Nvm that the law completely fucks people.

If someone gets a ticket for speeding, the law didn't do that to them. They did. The law doesn't come into play until the person violates the law. I don't worry about stupid laws on the books because unless I break them, they don't matter. If I do, I'm then stupid one, not the law.

If someone gets a ticket for speeding, the law didn't do that to them. They did. The law doesn't come into play until the person violates the law. I don't worry about stupid laws on the books because unless I break them, they don't matter. If I do, I'm then stupid one, not the law.

Actually - there are lots of stupid laws but speed limits are NOT among them. Speeders are killers and need to be stopped.

Forum List

Back