Drone Strikes Are Act of Self-Defense...?!

Do you think taking out wedding party's with B-52's and Cobra gunships makes it alright? You think the people are not just as terrified? What's the difference if a missile comes from a drone or an F-16, it's still, "State-sanctioned, American terrorism".

I was referring to the Drone war.

You have yet to prove that any of these civilians were intentionally targeted.

Your source.
You read your source, right?
It talked about how innocent people were killed because they were in the same place as the Taliban that was targeted by the drone strike.

i applaud your ability and willingness to continually embarrass yourself, at the top of your lungs.
Keep up the good work.
The quote in my source was rhetorical. It wasn't saying that's what went down.

Why don't you tell me how we knew Taliban were in 8 wedding party's?

Why don't you tell me what happened to the Afghan wives who went out to pick up firewood to cook dinner and wound up being blown to bits? There were no Taliban there pickin' up wood.

The point of the article was how insensitive we are to the suffering we cause in foreign countries and you're pretty much the poster boy for that group.

Yeah, we just hit 8 of them by mistake?

Just like the hospital we leveled. We didn't intentionally mean to do that, either? And we didn't intentionally maintain the attack for over an hour and a half?

Your source.
You read your source, right?
It talked about how innocent people were killed because they were in the same place as the Taliban that was targeted by the drone strike.

i applaud your ability and willingness to continually embarrass yourself, at the top of your lungs.
Keep up the good work.
The quote in my source was rhetorical. It wasn't saying that's what went down.
I'm sorry -- I cant hear you over the sound of you wiping the snot form your nose and the tears form your eyes.
You proved yourself wrong. No way around it.

Just like the hospital we leveled. We didn't intentionally mean to do that, either? And we didn't intentionally maintain the attack for over an hour and a half?

I think we are talking about two different things.

I think it is self defense to target known terrorists with drones or any other kind of strikes, regardless of nationality.

I don't think it is self defense to target civilians with drones or any kind of strikes. I think that is a war crime.

I think we are talking about two different things.

I think it is self defense to target known terrorists with drones or any other kind of strikes, regardless of nationality.

I don't think it is self defense to target civilians with drones or any kind of strikes. I think that is a war crime.
Yeah, if we had them flying over our own neighborhoods and we shot them at foreign invaders. But that's not what we have here. We are in "their" country, firing at "them". That's not self defense, that's aggression.

The only way its not aggression, is if one of these country's did the equivalent of a Pearl Harbor attack. Then I'd say, yeah, let's go fuck up their shit!

Anyone we shoot at, we call a terrorist or an insurgent. The week before, we called them an ally. After 15 years of being "at war", I can't believe there are people running around saying we need another one. With Russia!

If that happens, say goodbye to all life on planet earth. But before that happens, we'll all know what exactly it means to be a Palestinian. Because Russia will barbecue this country from coast to coast.

How are you going to feel when they start targeting you with their drones?

I'm sorry -- I cant hear you over the sound of you wiping the snot form your nose and the tears form your eyes.
You know, if you don't have the grey matter to handle a complex debate, maybe you'd be better off in the bounce ball thread?

You know, if you don't have the grey matter to handle a complex debate, maybe you'd be better off in the bounce ball thread?
Why are you still whining and crying over the fact that you proved yourself wrong?

Why are you still whining and crying over the fact that you proved yourself wrong?
Since you couldn't prove me wrong, you're now trying to say I proved myself wrong. What are you going to say next? That it was Mr. Mustard, in the den, with the candlestick? You're doing everything you can to hijack this thread and turn it into a bunch of gibberish.

With that being said...

No, the drone program is not self defense. Wherever this program is implemented, it puts the population below in a constant state of terror.

"Children who live in countries targeted by the drone
program are in a state of constant terror"

"innocent civilians [being killed] only fueled the feelings of hatred that ignited terrorism and groups like ISIS, while also serving as a fundamental recruitment tool similar to Guantanamo Bay."

"[the] drone program...is one of the most devastating driving forces for terrorism and destabilization around the world."

"ninety percent of those killed in drone strikes are entirely harmless people"

Those are quotes from former drone operators who were behind the joy sticks that launched the missiles.

Reacting to the news that Britain's own 'Jihad John' might be alive after a drone strike several months ago:

British Prime Minister David Cameron defended the strike on a British citizen as an 'act of self-defense. Jeremy Corbyn, 'Leader of the Labour Party and the Leader of the Opposition', however, declared 'John' should have been arrested instead.

President Obama has argued that Terrorists...no, 'enemy combatants'...no 'UNlawful enemy combatants...NO - "unprivileged belligerents" (As of Jun 21, 2015) should have their 'due process' (day in court) rather than being incarcerated in GITMO .... WHILE simultaneously running his own personal Assassination Program in which he decides who is added to the list and HE decides who is to be killed...very violently denying them of their 'due process' he says they should all have....

Should terrorists have their 'due process', as Obama says...or be killed, as Obama says?
Is killing terrorists through drone strikes ok?
Is killing American citizens via drone strikes OK based solely on Obama's say-so?
Is it 'Self-Defense'?

Killing terrorists with nuclear weapons is ok if I'm the deciding vote.

Forum List

Back