Duckworth fires back at Trump: I swore an oath to the Constitution, not 'Cadet Bone Spurs'

Basically, Trump is correct.

It's not the lack of applause, but the reason behind it that drips with treason. ..... :cool:

So going by your line of reasoning, Joe Wilson who shouted "You lied" to Obama commited treason ? What Joe did was 10 times worse than not clapping.

1st off, nobody said "you lied". Secondly, it was Alito you fool who mouthed "not true".

True....He yelled "You Lie"

He should have been sent to Gitmo for that treason

YOU lie.

Your video has nothing to do with Joe Wilson

Try again

The more she speaks, the more I want her to run in 2020. She's a true patriot.

Duckworth fires back at Trump: I swore an oath to the Constitution, not 'Cadet Bone Spurs'

Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) fired back at President Trump for calling Democrats who didn’t stand and applaud during his State of the Union address “treasonous,” saying she didn’t swear an oath “to mindlessly cater to the whims of Cadet Bone Spurs.”

Trump called Democrats “treasonous” earlier Monday for not applauding when he listed his achievements to Congress last Tuesday.

"Can we call that treason? Why not?" Trump said during a speech about the GOP tax plan in Ohio. "They certainly didn't seem to love our country very much."

Duckworth was referring to Trump’s multiple deferments from the draft during the Vietnam War, one of which was for heel spurs, or bone protrusions caused by calcium buildup.

The Democrat also shared a quote by President Theodore Roosevelt saying that to block criticism of the president “is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

Duckworth, a military veteran who lost both of her legs when her helicopter was shot down over Iraq in 2004, has hit Trump over the deferments before.

She ripped Trump as a “five-deferment draft dodger” during a speech on the Senate floor last month.
Someone should remind the Senator, and all Senators for that matter, that the Democrat party, or any political party, is not the equivalent of the Constitution.

When I see accusations of treason against Trump attacked with the same vigor that Trump's statement seems to have triggered, I'll give this all the consideration it is due. Until then, this is just more Democrat nativism.
How true...how true

Failing to clap for a President is much more treasonous than selling the Presidency for help in winning the election
Failing to clap for a President is much more treasonous than selling the Presidency for help in winning the election

Like Clinton and Obama in running for their second terms?
link

1996 United States campaign finance controversy - Wikipedia

Barack Obama microphone gaffe: 'I'll have more flexibility after election'

just as damning as your 'evidence' of Trump 'selling' the presidency.
Willy, willy willy. forrest - trees

How true...how true

Like Clinton and Obama in running for their second terms?
link

1996 United States campaign finance controversy - Wikipedia

Barack Obama microphone gaffe: 'I'll have more flexibility after election'

just as damning as your 'evidence' of Trump 'selling' the presidency.

That's it?
Bout as lame as I expected you to come up with
A sitting President explaining about the impact of an upcoming election is not the same as conspiring to perform a crime against your opponent

and as lame as your 'evidence' Trump sold the presidency.

Trump is under investigation

Obama offered to consider the Russian proposal AFTER he was re-elected

Something Trump should have done rather than bargaining while he was a candidate

As an Independent, I'm feeling pretty disgusted and let down by the Democrats these days. The shutdown, their seeming unwillingness to deal over the DACA issue, their over the top behavior at the SOTU, hysterics like Pelosi who keeps predicting death and doom, needing five responses to the SOTU -- can you people PLEASE get your act together?

I'd like a viable choice in the next election. I sure as hell am not going to vote for Trump or anyone who kisses his ass. Is this going to be another loser election?
The Dems need to quit this politicking nonsense and get to work.

Agreed. Democrats need to clean house. The party is filled with too many old school centrist fools. Pelosi and Schumer have become an embarassment. They need to go and be replaced with fresh faced progressives.
Happy Trails to You

The progues better clean themselves up first. Since Trigger was Roy Rogers's horse, I assume that by "triggered," they mean "being covered in horse manure."

Basically, Trump is correct.

It's not the lack of applause, but the reason behind it that drips with treason. ..... :cool:

So going by your line of reasoning, Joe Wilson who shouted "You lied" to Obama commited treason ? What Joe did was 10 times worse than not clapping.

1st off, nobody said "you lied". Secondly, it was Alito you fool who mouthed "not true".

Being correct is treasonous?

Actually he was spreading conservative propaganda about healthcare

Actually he was pointing out Obama's lie that his healthcare plan would not benefit illegal invaders.

She's a silly little woman. Apparently military service did not grant her wisdom.

As to deferments, was she as harsh on Bill's deferments? I'd wager not.

Why would she bring up Bill who hasn't been president for 17 years? And at least Bill never slandered those who risked their lives defending this country.
Maybe because she wasn't a senator when Slick was potus? Ya think? LOL

Si what? I'll bet she had an opinion.

She's a silly little woman. Apparently military service did not grant her wisdom.

Why would she bring up Bill who hasn't been president for 17 years? And at least Bill never slandered those who risked their lives defending this country.

And who'd care? And if she was in the military, she'd not have offered it.

Trump called out the dem senators, and she responded. What's confusing you here?

Actually he was pointing out Obama's lie that his healthcare plan would not benefit illegal invaders.

Actually Obama claimed the healthcare plan would not cover abortion
Obama was right

Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) fired back at President Trump for calling Democrats who didn’t stand and applaud during his State of the Union address “treasonous,” saying she didn’t swear an oath “to mindlessly cater to the whims of Cadet Bone Spurs.”

Trump called Democrats “treasonous” earlier Monday for not applauding when he listed his achievements to Congress last Tuesday.

"Can we call that treason? Why not?" Trump said during a speech about the GOP tax plan in Ohio. "They certainly didn't seem to love our country very much."

Duckworth was referring to Trump’s multiple deferments from the draft during the Vietnam War, one of which was for heel spurs, or bone protrusions caused by calcium buildup.

The Democrat also shared a quote by President Theodore Roosevelt saying that to block criticism of the president “is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

Duckworth, a military veteran who lost both of her legs when her helicopter was shot down over Iraq in 2004, has hit Trump over the deferments before.

She ripped Trump as a “five-deferment draft dodger” during a speech on the Senate floor last month.

she's awesome.

So patriotism to democrats is not cheering for our flag or military or legal citizens.

Do you think that patriotism can be measured by what one cheers for?
Or doesn’t cheer for. Absolutely.

exactly right. and dems don't hate their country so aren't going to cheer for the orange sociopath.

what you really should concern yourself with is the orange sociopath is so mentally deficient that he conflates his applause meter with treason. That's pretty sick right there.

now for a second try to imagine what your losers would have said if something similar came out of President Obama's mouth when he was cat-called at his SOTU by one of your more sick in the head rightwingnuts.

And who'd care? And if she was in the military, she'd not have offered it.

Trump called out the dem senators, and she responded. What's confusing you here?

Nothing. Just pointing out some potential hypocrisy.

she's awesome.

Fuck that stupid dipshit. Name the last Democrat president since Carter that served.

Actually Obama claimed the healthcare plan would not cover abortion
Obama was right

You are in error.

Joe Wilson says outburst to Obama speech 'spontaneous' - CNN.com

Last edited:

she's awesome.

Fuck that stupid dipshit. Name the last Democrat president since LBJ that served.

Jimmy Carter

Forum List

Back