Dying patients deny the coronavirus exists — right up until death

Boy, oh boy. There sure is no shortage of delusion in this country these days. For the last few months I've felt like I was living in the Bizzaro world of Htrae where everything is the opposite of expectations.

America in 2020 is the land where foolishness is considered insightful, and sheer stupidity passes for common sense.

It's mind-numbing and mindbogglingly surreal to the point where it seems like one of those crazy dreams you wake up from, and the most disturbing thing about the dream is that it seemed sensible to you while you were asleep and dreaming it.

I can only draw one conclusion. The human race is doomed. No species could (or even should) survive with such lunacy all about. Let's give the animals back the planet. At least we can rely on them to act sensibly.

South Dakota nurse says many patients deny the coronavirus exists — right up until death

By
Paulina Villegas
November 16, 2020 at 3:22 p.m. MST

Jodi Doering, an emergency room nurse in South Dakota, was overwhelmed Saturday night. Her patients were dying of covid-19, yet were still in denial about the pandemic’s existence.
It’s like a “horror movie that never ends,” Doering wrote on Twitter.

Her anxiety and despair are shared by many health-care workers who are facing a dramatic surge in covid-19 patients. But some front-line workers, like Doering, also face the emotional toll of treating patients who, despite being severely ill, are reluctant to acknowledge that they have been infected with a virus that President Trump has said will simply disappear.
Doering said she has covid-19 patients who need 100-percent-oxygen breathing assistance and who will also swear they don’t have the illness that has ended the lives of nearly a quarter-million people in the United States since February.

“I think the hardest thing to watch is that people are still looking for something else and a magic answer and they do not want to believe covid is real,” Doering told CNN in an interview Monday.
“Their last dying words are, ‘This can’t be happening. It’s not real,’” Doering said, adding that some patients prefer to believe that they have pneumonia or other diseases rather than covid-19, despite seeing their positive test results.

Doering’s weekend tweets went viral and prompted reaction from residents, health-care workers and local officials.
“COVID is amplifying the feeling of frustration and helplessness our front-line healthcare workers are experiencing,” Brookings, S.D., City Council member Nick Wendell wrote on Twitter. “We are in the midst of the storm right now. When we see our way through to the other side, the accumulated grief of healthcare workers in our state will be among the debris.”

The United States surpassed 11 million coronavirus cases Sunday, and health experts warn of even bleaker weeks ahead, urging the public to take the pandemic seriously and abide by strict social-distancing rules. They have also urged public officials to implement more restrictions, such as statewide mask mandates, to stem the spread.

Coronavirus cases are increasing rapidly across the country, but North and South Dakota led the nation in new cases and deaths per capita last week, according to Washington Post data.

In North Dakota, where cases have rocketed in the past month, Republican Gov. Doug Burgum has also acknowledged the phenomenon of disbelief among the population. Burgum pleaded with fellow residents late last week to take precautions, as the state’s hospitals are overwhelmed with patients.

“You don’t have to believe in covid, you don’t have to believe in a certain political party or not, you don’t have to believe whether masks work or not. You can just do it because you know that one thing is very real. And that’s that 100 percent of our capacity is now being used,” Burgum said.

‘Covid-hell.’ ‘Humanitarian disaster.’ Experts sound the alarm about U.S. coronavirus outbreak.
South Dakota Gov. Kristi L. Noem (R) has opposed mask mandates and other measures despite the rapid spread in her state.

Average age of death = 78 due to COVID
Average age of death = 78.8 normally.

COVID isn't the cause of death 99% of the time. CDC agrees.

Boy, oh boy. There sure is no shortage of delusion in this country these days. For the last few months I've felt like I was living in the Bizzaro world of Htrae where everything is the opposite of expectations.

America in 2020 is the land where foolishness is considered insightful, and sheer stupidity passes for common sense.

It's mind-numbing and mindbogglingly surreal to the point where it seems like one of those crazy dreams you wake up from, and the most disturbing thing about the dream is that it seemed sensible to you while you were asleep and dreaming it.

I can only draw one conclusion. The human race is doomed. No species could (or even should) survive with such lunacy all about. Let's give the animals back the planet. At least we can rely on them to act sensibly.

South Dakota nurse says many patients deny the coronavirus exists — right up until death

By
Paulina Villegas

Jodi Doering, an emergency room nurse in South Dakota, was overwhelmed Saturday night. Her patients were dying of covid-19, yet were still in denial about the pandemic’s existence.

Her anxiety and despair are shared by many health-care workers who are facing a dramatic surge in covid-19 patients. But some front-line workers, like Doering, also face the emotional toll of treating patients who, despite being severely ill, are reluctant to acknowledge that they have been infected with a virus that President Trump has said will simply disappear.
Doering said she has covid-19 patients who need 100-percent-oxygen breathing assistance and who will also swear they don’t have the illness that has ended the lives of nearly a quarter-million people in the United States since February.

“I think the hardest thing to watch is that people are still looking for something else and a magic answer and they do not want to believe covid is real,” Doering told CNN in an interview Monday.
“Their last dying words are, ‘This can’t be happening. It’s not real,’” Doering said, adding that some patients prefer to believe that they have pneumonia or other diseases rather than covid-19, despite seeing their positive test results.

Doering’s weekend tweets went viral and prompted reaction from residents, health-care workers and local officials.
“COVID is amplifying the feeling of frustration and helplessness our front-line healthcare workers are experiencing,” Brookings, S.D., City Council member Nick Wendell wrote on Twitter. “We are in the midst of the storm right now. When we see our way through to the other side, the accumulated grief of healthcare workers in our state will be among the debris.”

The United States surpassed 11 million coronavirus cases Sunday, and health experts warn of even bleaker weeks ahead, urging the public to take the pandemic seriously and abide by strict social-distancing rules. They have also urged public officials to implement more restrictions, such as statewide mask mandates, to stem the spread.

Coronavirus cases are increasing rapidly across the country, but North and South Dakota led the nation in new cases and deaths per capita last week, according to Washington Post data.

In North Dakota, where cases have rocketed in the past month, Republican Gov. Doug Burgum has also acknowledged the phenomenon of disbelief among the population. Burgum pleaded with fellow residents late last week to take precautions, as the state’s hospitals are overwhelmed with patients.

“You don’t have to believe in covid, you don’t have to believe in a certain political party or not, you don’t have to believe whether masks work or not. You can just do it because you know that one thing is very real. And that’s that 100 percent of our capacity is now being used,” Burgum said.

‘Covid-hell.’ ‘Humanitarian disaster.’ Experts sound the alarm about U.S. coronavirus outbreak.
South Dakota Gov. Kristi L. Noem (R) has opposed mask mandates and other measures despite the rapid spread in her state.

Two possibilities, likely possibilities; one: a certain nerve gas is being applied to patients in many hospitals. The second: tests infect healthy patients with something and then doctors slap them on ventilators, which is the kiss of death. Of course there are other possibilities as well, as with every facet of living on this planet—none of which include a vast, mass infecting viral strain from China. If China had unleashed a biological weapon pandemic on the world then Beijing at least would be a newly paved and still steaming parking lot.

People believe the world is flat, too.

Why is what someone on the lunatic fringe "news"?

Because he's the president!
When did Trump die from Corona?

This isn't even political. Just stupid.

tRump has been dead from the neck up for along time so there's that.

Fred Sanford would call Trump a dummy.

That gives me an idea. I would like to start a trend, if at all possible. I would like to make Trumpy a synonym for dummy. If enough people used it that way, it could first enter the so-called urban dictionary and might actually be picked up by the dictionary folks if enough people used it that way.

Well, if he LIES to Americans about the severity of the virus, ATTACKS our best health science experts for simply doing their jobs, MOCKS well-meaning Americans who are just trying to protect themselves and their loved ones with masks, CRAMS thousands of Americans into small indoor venues to cheer for him, and CONS the rest of this supporters into not taking virus seriously, no doubt spreading more disease and death...

...I'd have to admit that he would have as much blood on his hands as Trump does. But I'm not worried about that happening.
Apply your standards evenly and maybe someone will take you seriously...

1606067694980.png

1606068251594.png

Well, if he LIES to Americans about the severity of the virus, ATTACKS our best health science experts for simply doing their jobs, MOCKS well-meaning Americans who are just trying to protect themselves and their loved ones with masks, CRAMS thousands of Americans into small indoor venues to cheer for him, and CONS the rest of this supporters into not taking virus seriously, no doubt spreading more disease and death...

...I'd have to admit that he would have as much blood on his hands as Trump does. But I'm not worried about that happening.
Apply your standards evenly and maybe someone will take you seriously...

View attachment 420024

View attachment 420032
I don't need nutters on either end of the spectrum to take me seriously. You're just nutters.

Your disdain only makes me more confident in my positions. But thanks for your concern!

“Their last dying words are, ‘This can’t be happening. It’s not real,’”
Buuuuuuuuuullllllllshhhhiiiiiiiit!!!!! No one has EVER said that. How fucking stupid do you have to be to believe that unrealistic horseshit? :laugh:

Have you ever faced death? I don't mean someone else's. I mean yours. My guess is no. I told someone once that there's 3 concepts that are pretty much impossible to fully grasp. One is eternity. The second one is infinity. And the last one is your own death. Don't get me wrong, we all know we are going to die. But death is a finality that we can't truly comprehend because we've woken up every day of our lives. So, we have never experienced death. Now, if a person doesn't believe in the virus, how is that person supposed to believe that he can die from it. I don't have a hard time believing that at all.

I don't need nutters on either end of the spectrum to take me seriously. You're just nutters
Why do you only call out "nutters" on one end of the spectrum?
You're welcome to utilize the search function here, and type in "Regressive Left" and my name.

I'll wait here.

You're welcome to utilize the search function here, and type in "Regressive Left" and my name.

I'll wait here.
Still don't see any posts calling out democrats for their hypocrisy, only ones referring to the "regressive left"...... Whoever that is.
I responded to your question. Neither your approval nor your agreement are required.

By
Paulina Villegas

I can not believe how gullible and naive Americans are.

Even when their own FAKE NEWS MEDIA admits that the FAUCI CRIME SYNDICATE is lying like a rug they still want to believe.

We are doomed.

Forum List

Back