E-Brief About Us Subscribe Contact Us Donate RSS Sen. Inhofe to Force Congressional R

Everything you posted is utter horseshit. Fishing is great in the Gulf of Mexico. Tourism by fisherman is one of the biggest industries in Florida. Fracking will never set off more than minor tremors. In fact, it would be a good thing if it did because the stress in faults like the San Andreas would be relieved gradually instead of in one fell swoop. A thousand earthquakes registering 2.5 on the Richter scale is far preferable to one big one registering 8.5.

Everything you posted is utter horseshit. Fishing sucks in the Gulf of Mexico compared to it's pre-smudge glory days. Florida gets fish stocks outside the Gulf. I'm talking about those states chained to waters in the "dead-zone" of the Gulf proper...worse as you approach Texas. There is no way of knowing, for our greatest geological scientists still don't fully understand latent faults and how their rupture affects larger ones, whether or not the documented exponential increase in earthquakes caused by fracking will unleash "the big one" on the New Madrid.

Your rendition of "a thousand earthquakes registering 2.5 on the Richter being better than on 8.5 is so abysmally ignorant that it is proof of exactly why we must not listen to the schills of the petrolium industry pretending to have scientific backup for their greedy aspirations.. Take a geology 101 course and get back to me Einstein..

If you had a fault section where there was a tense lockup along its length and many other minor lockups in surface tension between rocks, a "thousand 2.5" releases of the more minor tensions [that are ACTUALLY RELIEVING some of the potential energy in the larger lockup] would cause the exact opposite scenario of what you just said. It would cause that potential energy to concentrate in the large lockup and cause it to rupture more quickly....and violently...

Last edited:
Everything you posted is utter horseshit. Fishing is great in the Gulf of Mexico. Tourism by fisherman is one of the biggest industries in Florida. Fracking will never set off more than minor tremors. In fact, it would be a good thing if it did because the stress in faults like the San Andreas would be relieved gradually instead of in one fell swoop. A thousand earthquakes registering 2.5 on the Richter scale is far preferable to one big one registering 8.5.

Everything you posted is utter horseshit. Fishing sucks in the Gulf of Mexico compared to it's pre-smudge glory days. Florida gets fish stocks outside the Gulf. I'm talking about those states chained to waters in the "dead-zone" of the Gulf proper...worse as you approach Texas. There is no way of knowing, for our greatest geological scientists still don't fully understand latent faults and how their rupture affects larger ones, whether or not the documented exponential increase in earthquakes caused by fracking will unleash "the big one" on the New Madrid.

Hundreds of thousands of people fly to Key West and environs every year solely for the purpose of fishing. I'm a scuba diver, and I've been on numerous excursions to go spear fishing in the Gulf. There are plenty of fish. I have no idea what period "pre smudge" is supposed to be, but fishing in the entire Gulf obviously isn't as good as it once was because of overfishing by countries like Mexico and Venezuela

Your rendition of "a thousand earthquakes registering 2.5 on the Richter being better than on 8.5 is so abysmally ignorant that it is proof of exactly why we must not listen to the schills of the petrolium industry pretending to have scientific backup for their greedy aspirations.. Take a geology 101 course and get back to me Einstein..

My father was a geologist, so I know a thing or two about the subject. My claim is so stupid that geologists have proposed preventing massive earthquakes by creating numerous smaller ones through injecting water into fault zones.

Face it: all your post proves is that your a fucking moron.

My father was a geologist, so I know a thing or two about the subject. My claim is so stupid that geologists have proposed preventing massive earthquakes by creating numerous smaller ones through injecting water into fault zones.

My father was a physicist but I didn't pick up the higher concepts of the discipline via osmosis.

You have two or more huge tectonic plates with unbelievable energy moving underneath comparatively weak, frail, brittle upper crust. Along a fault line what keeps it from moving all the time are lockups in local rock layers as they slide along, surface anomolies lock up this potential energy. It stands to reason that if there a bunch of locks along a chain, the less tension is on the big one in the middle. If the smaller locks start shattering one after the other, the big lock [New Madrid Fault] in the middle will bear more and more of that huge-plate movement potential energy on itself.

So your analogy sucks is what I'm trying to say. You're saying "if fracking causes a bunch of little earthquakes..cuz my daddy was a geologist...the big earthquake will not happen because that's all the tension off it." Which is completely bass ackwards and dangerously wrong.

Randy Marsh on Southpark is also a geologist. But as you know, he has his flaws and his reasoning powers are...shakey...at best. No offense to your father.

I don't think people in the industry should be trusted with the fate of humanity...at least the humanity and ag industry in the Midwest; and the fishing industry in the Gulf. Last time I checked, the world needs food more than oil. Their reasoning powers are clouded with greed and self-serving "scientific deduction". Bripat is the perfect example of this and why we should listen to all the voices in a scientific field. Not just the ones beholden for their bread and butter to the petrolium industry...

Last edited:

My father was a physicist but I didn't pick up the higher concepts of the discipline via osmosis.

You have two or more huge tectonic plates with unbelievable energy moving underneath comparatively weak, frail, brittle upper crust. Along a fault line what keeps it from moving all the time are lockups in local rock layers as they slide along, surface anomolies lock up this potential energy. It stands to reason that if there a bunch of locks along a chain, the less tension is on the big one in the middle. If the smaller locks start shattering one after the other, the big lock [New Madrid Fault] in the middle will bear more and more of that huge-plate movement potential energy on itself.

So your analogy sucks is what I'm trying to say. You're saying "if fracking causes a bunch of little earthquakes..cuz my daddy was a geologist...the big earthquake will not happen because that's all the tension off it." Which is completely bass ackwards and dangerously wrong.

Randy Marsh on Southpark is also a geologist. But as you know, he has his flaws and his reasoning powers are...shakey...at best. No offense to your father.

Randy Marsh is a cartoon character. However, I'm sure you believe that he's a perfect example of what geologists do. They would be pretty stupid if they decided to relieve the tension everywhere on the fault except the location where a major earthquake was expected to occur. Only a moron like you could come up with such an idiotic solution.

I didn't acquire any knowledge of geology through osmosis. I acquired it by reading my fathers geology textbooks. That's where I learned about things called "anticlines" and "sinclines" and "transverse faults."

You didn't learn anything from your father because you're stupid.

I don't think people in the industry should be trusted with the fate of humanity...at least the humanity and ag industry in the Midwest; and the fishing industry in the Gulf. Last time I checked, the world needs food more than oil.

That statement proved beyond all doubt what an incredible moron you are. How much food do you think farmers can grow without oil? How do you propose they run their tractors and combines? Where do you think they are supposed to get fertilizer without oil? How much food do you think farmers can grow without fertilizer? Supposing they were able to actually grow food without oil, how do you propose they get it to market? It's a mirical this country doesn't devolve into chaos with so many numskulls like you running around. Our standard of living would be many multiples of what it is now if it wasn't for all the obstacles you and your ilk put in the way.

Their reasoning powers are clouded with greed and self-serving "scientific deduction". Bripat is the perfect example of this and why we should listen to all the voices in a scientific field. Not just the ones beholden for their bread and butter to the petrolium industry...

Apparently "greed," in the libturd lexicon, means wanting to eat and heat your home. The voices in the scientific field tell us that we shouldn't listen to numskulls like you, especially in the field of geology.

Last edited:
The EPA needs to be shut down. Period.

Then start a new agency tasked with the same job but with a ban on hiring former EPA employees or their relatives.

The current EPA is beyond redeemable. It needs to go.

Period

I was gonna send him a check for $1000....but I saw your girlfriend and sent it to her instead.

Apparently "greed," in the libturd lexicon, means wanting to eat and heat your home. The voices in the scientific field tell us that we shouldn't listen to numskulls like you, especially in the field of geology.

I never advocated that heavy machinery abandon petrolium. Light machinery must though. There are so many ways to heat one's home without fossil fuels. Geothermal, solar thermal. And ways to reduce fossil fuel use for that like waste heat recovery. I'm working on a heat exchanger that takes the exhaust and latent heat off the top of a water heater and shunts it into under-floor heating. Refrigerators create heat. Better insulation. Heat recovered from rotting vegetation and manure etc.

And that water heater? Taken from heat exchangers from house furnace or woodstoves. We have a lot of waste in our systems. I'm sure you're all for a reduction in fossil fuel use, right?...lol..

I notice you didn't address your glaring stupidity with respect to "lots of small earthquakes won't make the big one happen".

Forum List

Back