Early 2014 election results

OKTexas

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2012
Near Magnolia, TX
Mayoral Victory in San Diego Offers Some Hope to California’s Struggling G.O.P.

"The victory by the councilman, Kevin Faulconer, on Tuesday will make San Diego the largest city in the nation run by a Republican,"

This guys opponent had maobamas kiss of death, I mean resounding endorsement.

Shades of things to come?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/13/u...to-replace-tainted-ex-mayor-of-san-diego.html

More shades of things to come: 2/14 Why are media largely ignoring these wins: :eusa_whistle:

SAN BERNARDINO: REPUBLICAN WINS MAYORSHIP,

REPUBLICAN WINS CITY ATTORNEY RACE

Libertarian Republican

Selective vision.

I'll see your puny mayoral election and raise you a Virginia gubernatorial election.

It is funny someone thinks the San Diego mayoral election is some kind of political wind indicator. If that were true, then they would be able to name Congressional or Senate seats in California that were in danger of flopping from blue to red. :lol:

If you can't even name one seat in the state that election took place in which is in the GOP's grasp, then I posit you are suffering from serious delusions which require medical attention if you think this is some kind of "shades of things to come".

Last edited:
Neither candidate touted healthcare much at all. The democrat supported raising the minimum wage, the republican supported turning all new city employees pensions into 401k's.

Selective vision.

I'll see your puny mayoral election and raise you a Virginia gubernatorial election.

:badgrin: This isn't about size; it is about trend. :thup:

Trend! :lol:

One mayoral election does not a trend make.

So name any federal level seat in California which the GOP has a chance of stealing. Not even Waxman's seat is going to get stolen by the GOP.

The only "trend" is that both the mayor and the governor were corrupt assholes. People tend to reward the opposite party when that happens.

Last edited:
Selective vision.

Isn't Republican Ed Gillespie still closing in on incumbent Mark Warner by 6 ( six ) points, as of 3 days ago???

Selective vision.

Isn't Republican Ed Gillespie still closing in on incumbent Mark Warner by 6 ( six ) points, as of 3 days ago???

That was the result of a poll conducted by a Republican organization. Most polls show Gillespie trailing by 20 points. Warner's approval rating is at 63 percent.

The 2014 election is going to hinge on the failure or success of ObamaCare. The more people who are able to get health insurance this year who never had insurance or have not had insurance in a long time, the lower the GOP's prospects will be.

The more people who have insurance who see their insurance rates go up, or who have their working hours cut back, the lower the Democratic Party's prospects will be.

Because of this, I suspect we are going to see a record amount of bullshit being manufactured this year in campaign ads, and record amounts of that bulshit being gobbled and regurgitated by the rubes on both sides. There will be record profits for the makers of strawmen.

This is going to be the Year Of The Appeal To Emotion Fallacy.

Last edited:
A win is a win, but really, what do you expect? The Republicans to win nothing in 2014? Of course they'll get some tight races here and there.

It didn't help that the former mayor was a Democrat and a sexual predator.

A win is a win, but really, what do you expect? The Republicans to win nothing in 2014? Of course they'll get some tight races here and there.

All it takes these days to panic the credulous ignorant herd in one direction or another is a politician neglecting to wear a flag pin during a public appearance, for chrissakes.

With that insane level of volatility, stoked by the mad dog demagogues of the airwaves, it is just plain stupid to start predicting election results this far out.

The whole country is infected with insanity. People really need to stop drinking the goddam piss being poured for them by lunatics so fucking much.

Last edited:
Neither candidate touted healthcare much at all. The democrat supported raising the minimum wage, the republican supported turning all new city employees pensions into 401k's.
so the republican was looking out for the city employees.

Good on him.

so the republican was looking out for the city employees.

Good on him.

Actually, switching public pensions from defined benefit to defined contribution plans is looking out for the taxpayers. Which is even better on him.

The 2014 election is going to hinge on the failure or success of ObamaCare. The more people who are able to get health insurance this year who never had insurance or have not had insurance in a long time, the lower the GOP's prospects will be.

The more people who have insurance who see their insurance rates go up, or who have their working hours cut back, the lower the Democratic Party's prospects will be.

Because of this, I suspect we are going to see a record amount of bullshit being manufactured this year in campaign ads, and record amounts of that bulshit being gobbled and regurgitated by the rubes on both sides. There will be record profits for the makers of strawmen.

This is going to be the Year Of The Appeal To Emotion Fallacy.

Emotion versus common sense has worked well for the Democrat party for decades. It is well past time for Republican candidates to get in on the act.

Forum List

Back