what the hell is jessica tarlov spewing about exorbitant profits of Kroger

They've always been able to raise prices 20% without affecting sales?
Any proof besides "people get hungry"?
It helps when the food industry becomes highly centralized in a handful of companies.

It want possible when there were dozens of companies.

I cited the analysis from three separate organizations including the Fed.

The Left are out of the closet and going full commie.
If Kroger wants to charge $80 for a pint of ice cream they can do so with the blessings of the law and me. It’s their right.
Of course they'll go out of business if they do....as we all know. Point is if you're going to mandate pricing are you also going to mandate customers?
If you jail a grocer for high prices can you jail a customer for deciding not to pay it?

If you know anything about land values, farmers are getting pretty rich.

Food producers are the companies that actually make what you buy at the store.
You leftards should worry less about farmers getting rich and more about politicians getting rich.

It helps when the food industry becomes highly centralized in a handful of companies.

Ahhh.... We might have some common ground there. If it looks like a big corporation is bullying the market to discourage price competition
well then...it's anti trust time.

Corporations by nature will always try it. Usually it's the market itself that cools them down. Recently however it has become very hard to distinguish between the drop in purchasing power of the dollar which cascades down to the supply chain and ends up at the consumer's wallet and corporate prerogative.

I'm not sure how those agencies do it... I would sure like to see their methods.

Ahhh.... We might have some common ground there. If it looks like a big corporation is bullying the market to discourage price competition
well then...it's anti trust time.

Corporations by nature will always try it. Usually it's the market itself that cools them down. Recently however it has become very hard to distinguish between the drop in purchasing power of the dollar which cascades down to the supply chain and ends up at the consumer's wallet and corporate prerogative.

I'm not sure how those agencies do it... I would sure like to see their methods.
I don’t think there will be any antitrust case. They’re not overtly coordinating, just kind of watching each other and going along with it.

I don’t think there will be any antitrust case. They’re not overtly coordinating, just kind of watching each other and going along with it.
Yeah..... They're not stupid. But....I grant you there is a cooperation.

You cited an analysis from the Fed that showed food companies have always been able to raise prices 20% without affecting sales?

I don't believe you.

There won’t be anti trust cases cause they are losing revenue.

Harris wants price controls to destroy them completely

Forum List

Back