what the hell is jessica tarlov spewing about exorbitant profits of Kroger

That is a very strong possibility. For certain our Albertson's store operating with a net profit margin similar to Kroger's would be forced to stop offering their discounts for Seniors and military veterans that has helped keep countless people afloat here. And they likely won't be offering their lower end products with the lowest profit margin at all.
Arrest them! Put zem und dee Chail!

The sign saying $2 a pound is going to be little comfort for the space behind it being empty.
Lol .... Yeah....

Empty! What?

That's it buddy you're under arrest for empty!

You have violated section three, sub paragraph six, sentences number eleven of the no Empty legislation!

We will pay more for groceries because the people that manufacture our food will charge the highest price we are willing to pay and take is larger and larger profits.

And they convinced you it was someone else that did it.

Thats the American way!

We will pay more for groceries because the people that manufacture our food will charge the highest price we are willing to pay

That's outrageous!!!

When did they start doing that?

That's not what you claimed.

refers to profit after operating costs and expenses as 'gross profit'

I don't see operating costs or expenses mentioned.
Yes they were referring to income after costs and expenses to be 'gross' and I thought it should be reported as 'net.'

We will pay more for groceries because the people that manufacture our food will charge the highest price we are willing to pay

That's outrageous!!!

When did they start doing that?
So you’re okay with that, I take it.

If that’s the case, why do you guys whine about inflation so much?

When did they start charging the highest price we are willing to pay?
I don’t understand the question.

I’m only telling you what happened.

Interesting to see conservatives coming out in support of inflation now. Weird take but okay.

About half of food inflation in the last few years is the result of increased corporate profits.

That just doesn't make any sense. I understand bird flu and swine flu.... There was also a disease recently that took out about 30% of all laying hens.
Orange tree acreage has been cut in half by a disease called greening.

That stuff makes sense.

Accusing a corporation of being corporate is kind of silly.

A healthy corporation ensures continuity. However....screw around with the monetary unit and you're going to get adjustments to keep up. It's not the prices going up that stings the consumer nearly as much as the dollar going down.

Interesting to see conservatives coming out in support of inflation now. Weird take but okay.
Nope...not in favor of it....not in favor of a phony fix either. Unload the energy bomb, strengthen the monetary unit...
Prices will follow.

1723858192327.png

When did this evil behavior begin?

About half of food inflation in the last few years is the result of increased corporate profits.

How much has food inflation been in the last few years?
How do you know "half has been the result of increased corporate profits"?

Do you have any numbers to support your claim?

Last edited:
That just doesn't make any sense. I understand bird flu and swine flu.... There was also a disease recently that took out about 30% of all laying hens.
Orange tree acreage has been cut in half by a disease called greening.

That stuff makes sense.

Accusing a corporation of being corporate is kind of silly.

A healthy corporation ensures continuity. However....screw around with the monetary unit and you're going to get adjustments to keep up. It's not the prices going up that stings the consumer nearly as much as the dollar going down.
What doesn’t make sense? If you run a company and can get away with increasing your prices 20% without affecting sales, you’d do so. That means your profits go up a lot and the result is that the consumer sees inflation from the price increases.

Although it’s possible to point to some places where there were reasons for the inflation, it doesn’t explain the broad based rise in prices.

About half of the increases in food prices went straight into increased profits. Food manufacturers are making record profits on increased margins.

How much has food inflation been in the last few years?
How do you know "half has been the result of increased corpoarte profits"?

Do you have any numbers to support your claim?
It's time to start educating them.

1.) once the rabbit has been gutted and skinned soak it in brine water for 24 hours.

2.) Rinse it off... Deep freeze at a temperature of less than Zero for 7 days.

3.) Slow cooker is the best method... Since it creates the deepest temperature penetration.

Squirrels are similar.

This is what they need to hear
because they're not going to listen to anything else.

Forum List

Back