what the hell is jessica tarlov spewing about exorbitant profits of Kroger

Notice these libtards only--and often--give one definition of "profit." They'll talk gross profit, but not net profit. They don't discuss the many deeply discounted products at stores like Kroger and Food Lion. That means selling more units, which often results in lower margins.

Plus, then never really discuss the main driver of inflation: money supply. Companies don't willy-nilly just up their prices (if they do, then they are usually slapped down by consumers and/or competitors). Prices increase because the money supply is inflated. And yes, libtards, that also affects producers.
It's not the price going up!! These idiots don't get it.... Well to be fair a few of the lefties here actually do get it.... But most NO!. It's NOT THE PRICE GOING UP... IT'S THE DOLLAR GOING DOWN!

where I buy grocerys Kroger is always the lower price. And I hate kroger cuz the hate conservatives.
if I can skip a kroger product I do. But sometimes i just have to hold my nose

Yes, unless they are engaged in harmful unethical practices, I don't judge the politics or religious beliefs of those entities that provide us with food, clothing, other basic needs. And they all have suffered in the insane economy that the Biden/Harris administration has forced on us. They all are paying higher prices for transportation, inflated property values/taxes, labor, operating costs/overhead, insurance, cost of merchandise. I think the last time I looked, Kroger's net profit margin this year was under 1.5% making it barely profitable enough to stay in business at all.

Yes, unless they are engaged in harmful unethical practices, I don't judge the politics or religious beliefs of those entities that provide us with food, clothing, other basic needs. And they all have suffered in the insane economy that the Biden/Harris administration has forced on us. They all are paying higher prices for transportation, inflated property values/taxes, labor, operating costs/overhead, insurance, cost of merchandise. I think the last time I looked, Kroger's net profit margin this year was under 1.5% making it barely profitable enough to stay in business at all.
The margin is between 1 and 3%. You do price control.... thousands of grocery stores will shut.

From the same source:

• Kroger net income for the quarter ending April 30, 2024 was $0.947B, a 1.56% decline year-over-year.
  • Kroger net income for the twelve months ending April 30, 2024 was $2.149B, a 15.46% decline year-over-year.
  • Kroger annual net income for 2024 was $2.164B, a 3.57% decline from 2023.

Note also that quarterly growth is often followed by quarterly loss. The analogy is so-called recent "job growth" the libtards like to tout. Yes, if job losses were significant during Corona, then, of course, they will rise significantly after Corona passes.

From the same source:

• Kroger net income for the quarter ending April 30, 2024 was $0.947B, a 1.56% decline year-over-year.
  • Kroger net income for the twelve months ending April 30, 2024 was $2.149B, a 15.46% decline year-over-year.
  • Kroger annual net income for 2024 was $2.164B, a 3.57% decline from 2023.

Note also that quarterly growth is often followed by quarterly loss. The analogy is so-called recent "job growth" the libtards like to tout. Yes, if job losses were significant during Corona, then, of course, they will rise significantly after Corona passes.
Grocery stores are closing all over the place.

The margin is between 1 and 3%. You do price control.... thousands of grocery stores will shut.
That is a very strong possibility. For certain our Albertson's store operating with a net profit margin similar to Kroger's would be forced to stop offering their discounts for Seniors and military veterans that has helped keep countless people afloat here. And they likely won't be offering their lower end products with the lowest profit margin at all.

www.Coresight.com just reported a 24% increase in retail store closures over last year. Yes, some of that is due to more online shopping, but they also cited bankruptcies and inflation.
Yep they are unable to pass on the price increases because people will stop buying. The price increases are directly related to the energy bomb.

where I buy grocerys Kroger is always the lower price. And I hate kroger cuz the hate conservatives.

Kroger has store loudspeakers that push the Murderous Fraud Vax on customers. Kroger's was allowed to stay open during Covid.

Kroger's is not patriotic to America.

Yep they are unable to pass on the price increases because people will stop buying. The price increases are directly related to the energy bomb.
Farmers have an obligation to work for free!

Processors are just greedy when they want money for their work.

Shame on supermarkets who have to pay rent, utilities costs 30 days in advance, purchasing fees, transportation fees, refrigeration fees, labor costs and liability insurance.

Shame on them!

Arrest all of them!

Put them all in jail!

Jo

The Left are out of the closet and going full commie.
If Kroger wants to charge $80 for a pint of ice cream they can do so with the blessings of the law and me. It’s their right.

Forum List

Back