what the hell is jessica tarlov spewing about exorbitant profits of Kroger

You mean like lowering the fed interest rate and passing massive tax cuts?
Bidenomics
IMG_4188.jpeg

Where did it say that?
From the link:

• Kroger gross profit for the quarter ending April 30, 2024 was $10.145B, a 0.59% increase year-over-year.
  • Kroger gross profit for the twelve months ending April 30, 2024 was $33.424B, a 3.75% increase year-over-year.
  • Kroger annual gross profit for 2024 was $33.364B, a 4.99% increase from 2023.
  • Kroger annual gross profit for 2023 was $31.778B, a 4.71% increase from 2022.
  • Kroger annual gross profit for 2022 was $30.349B, a 1.79% decline from 2021.

Average 900 sq ft apartment in LA sells for $1.5M.

That means everyone in LA is rich!

You have to go to college to learn to be that stupid.
Not sure what you’re getting at here. The value of your assets determines your net worth which may make you rich if you’re sitting on millions of dollars worth of property.

Food for thought...Krogers owns Fred Meyer's and Smith's--they have been trying desperately to acquire Albertson's--which is also Safeway.
The Fed have stalled the sale..saying that Kroger has a disturbing habit of buying stores and then running them into the ground while raking huge dividends.
Then there's the monopoly angle.

As for me? I shop at Winco--and probably pay 15% less, on average. Employee owned, ya know~

Commies caping for Kamala price controls lol trying the appease the low iq voters.

Kroger has many locations near me, almost as many as Starbucks. I mostly prefer Meijer, but Kroger is more reliable in stocking some items at higher prices. Last resort stop is Walmart.

From the link:

• Kroger gross profit for the quarter ending April 30, 2024 was $10.145B, a 0.59% increase year-over-year.
  • Kroger gross profit for the twelve months ending April 30, 2024 was $33.424B, a 3.75% increase year-over-year.
  • Kroger annual gross profit for 2024 was $33.364B, a 4.99% increase from 2023.
  • Kroger annual gross profit for 2023 was $31.778B, a 4.71% increase from 2022.
  • Kroger annual gross profit for 2022 was $30.349B, a 1.79% decline from 2021.

That's not what you claimed.

refers to profit after operating costs and expenses as 'gross profit'

I don't see operating costs or expenses mentioned.

Left wing logic tells us that we will pay more for groceries unless the government enacts fascist controls.
We will pay more for groceries because the people that manufacture our food will charge the highest price we are willing to pay and take is larger and larger profits.

And they convinced you it was someone else that did it.

Thats the American way!

Forum List

Back