Zone1 Religious question

So, man was not made in his image?
Only as far as man is a being that knows and creates. God isn't a "thing." Logically God must be beyond energy and matter. God is more like consciousness without form. God is every extant attribute of reality. Let that roll around in your pea sized brain and then get back to me with something clever to say.

Only as far as man is a being that knows and creates. God isn't a "thing." Logically God must be beyond energy and matter. God is more like consciousness without form. God is every extant attribute of reality. Let that roll around in your pea sized brain and then get back to me with something clever to say.

So I guess the Bible got it wrong
If the Bible is the “Word of God” it wouldn’t misrepresent God looking like man

there's no scriptural evidence of anything you said.
my father worked for the Church of the Brethren General Offices in Illinois. H started off as a Linotype Operator and moved to typeset with a Mainframe Computer when they were invented. They sold him a 3 bedroom house with a basement across the street for 30k and he and I had access to the place 24/7. They printed all the Pamphlets for most of the Denominations in the US and some magazines including the Model T Magazine. Back in the 70's I had access to their Library and everything on the Faith of Christianity and I studied them on my free time.

There are more Books of the Bible then they put in the King James version. He didn't like them and chose not to include them. And there were many books of explanations of the Bible and other Religious texts. I got my information from them.
True some stuff I elaborated myself using logic and common sense.

Everyone in Heaven are Brothers was in one of those texts

Jesus Christ is the only way to Heaven because God can't accept the impure and we are all impure. Since even the memory of a sin is a sin that has to be removed. And memory of thing you are proud of or accomplish are sins. Yelling at a rainstorm is a sin. Everything is a sin so the only way you can get into Heaven is to strip all memories of this life.

Follow the light and the spirit is always interpreted as a light so we are all little lights joining the big light.

Our reward is eternal bliss or ecstasy. ie. you will spend all eternity in pure ecstasy unable to think of anything else.

Nothing we did in life will matter in Heaven once forgiven. Even those in Purgatory gets a second chance at accepting Christ, even Hitler and Gandhi.

Lucifer was from a fictional series.

The rest are just theories of mine.

So I guess the Bible got it wrong
If the Bible is the “Word of God” it wouldn’t misrepresent God looking like man
It's your confirmation biased interpretation that got it wrong. If I read it like you did I wouldn't believe it either.

Technically everything is built from the exact same stuff... sub atomic particles that were not created from pre-existing matter. Since that time they have only changed form. It's just science. How's YOUR knowledge of science? Mine's pretty good.
Mine sucks but I know you need so many Neutrons to have intelligent and everything living has neutrons. When your body is turned to dust the natural way those maggots have Neutrons. Wonder what happens when you get enough Maggots together?

Plants have Neutrons, slow thinkers maybe?

In the uterus, we all start out as female, in the sixth week, a change occurs and the fetus can become a male and by the ninth week in uterus, that change is complete (most of the time) and the fetus is fully male. Through biological abnormalities, other things can occur, but that is the basics of it.
Why did Adam have a navel? I'm afraid I'll have to stray from religion from this point. We are mammalian. Horses, monkeys, apes, et cetera, give birth with umbilical cords attached. Before we were homo sapiens, we were homo erectus, before that, homo habilis and further back, way down to the lowly pygmy shrew and even more primitive life forms before that. But still, mammalian and umbilical cords. That's the basics of it scientifically.
As for the religious angle, if you're a god and can create the universe and anything in the universe, including all lifeforms and if as an omnipotent being and egocentric, you would of course, create a being to look like you, to satisfy your ego.
The problem with these old religions, is that they were created in an ancient era (even before the dark ages), when humans were extremely superstitious. How superstitious were they? Cheating wives would claim that a god came down and impregnated them, and the superstitious husband's response? "Duh." Okay. Witchcraft and spells? Real as hell to them. Et cetera. Et Cetera.
All of those who believe that every word in their so-called holy book seem to ignore is that humans were around for thousands of years before those scrolls/books and preachings were even conceived and why would a or any deity not bother with them?
The Hindu's and the Buddhist say "Flood, what flood?"

Mine sucks but I know you need so many Neutrons to have intelligent and everything living has neutrons. When your body is turned to dust the natural way those maggots have Neutrons. Wonder what happens when you get enough Maggots together?

The flesh is of no avail. If man were born to be happy he wouldn't die. Apparently our existence here must be for something more. But I'm glad you brought up slow thinkers. The proof is always in the pudding.

Were you thinking of neurons maybe?

neurons: A type of cell that receives and sends messages from the body to the brain and back to the body. The messages are sent by a weak electrical current. Also called nerve cell.

neutrons: a subatomic particle of about the same mass as a proton but without an electric charge, present in all atomic nuclei except those of ordinary hydrogen.

The flesh is of no avail. If man were born to be happy he wouldn't die. Apparently our existence here must be for something more. But I'm glad you brought up slow thinkers. The proof is always in the pudding.
Evolution The old die with their old ways and make room for the new with their new ways.

When I was a kid it was Drugs and Rock and Roll. Now it is LGBTQ and AI.

I read a sci fi book back before fax machines were invented I guess. Man invented the fac machine. it would take in something mats and expel what you wanted. If you broke an arm you would come out with a new one. If you got old you jumped in and came out with a new one. If your in space you save space by faxing your daily meals. The inventor became King of the Universe.

Many Years later their children were upset the oldsters had all the good jobs and refused to give them up. So the Emperors own son, who wanted to be Emperor, led a revolution and since the oldsters had all the good tech the oldsters won. As punishment they put their kids in Cryo and sent them to aa far away solar system.

The book series got complicated lost contact to find our solar system was in war men who no longer had faxes vs machines, factories would make lawn mowers and vacuum cleaners and those were their troops.

Anyhow there is a reason we age and die. Old people get tired of learning new things and stifle growth. And the population thing.

Bacteria live a shorter lifespan and evolve faster than we humans. And the reason we don't find other life in space maybe they died of disease. Or, according to msn news, they live in Dyson Spheres. MSN news stated we discovered a total of 7 possible Dyson spheres.

Were you thinking of neurons maybe?

neurons: A type of cell that receives and sends messages from the body to the brain and back to the body. The messages are sent by a weak electrical current. Also called nerve cell.

neutrons: a subatomic particle of about the same mass as a proton but without an electric charge, present in all atomic nuclei except those of ordinary hydrogen.
yes

Forum List

Back