Earth Day!

You sound like the kid in class who, like everyone else, was assigned to read a book on nature and conservation written by the American author, Thoreau. But instead, you read a book on economics and class division by the German, Karl Marx. Then the next week you came to class and criticized everyone else for not knowing the meaning of the assigned reading material.

Well, okay then.

So, you contend that the "Green" movement is NOT an adjunct of the radical left? Shall we test your thesis? Because I contend that there is no distinction at all between the extreme left and the Greens. That the "Green" movement has one goal, the establishment of authoritarian leftism.

The difference is, I can support my position.

Conservatism as a philosophy used to include the concept of conserving the environment as Teddy Roosevelt's embrace of national parks and monuments makes clear. Nixon's EPA was and is an extension of that philosophy.

Unfortunately, today's conservatives seem to have some strange need to eschew or reject any idea if it's embraced by liberals in any way. Whether it's nature conservancy or the individual mandate, it seems to be the same story over and over again.

Frankly, it's kinda twisted. It reminds me of the kind of reaction a spurned lover might have to former interests like certain food or music he or she previously loved just because certain restaurants or musical bands remind them of a previous life. It makes a mockery of the concept of core beliefs if one has to check to see what the opposition believes in order to know what they themselves believe.

Are you honestly as dumb as you present yourself to be?

Apparently so.

Told you when you couldn't explain yourself you'd go personal. ROFL!

What have I not explained to you? Should I explain again how Aaron Spelling didn't start his production company until 2 year AFTER the first Earth Day, or that Dallas started 11 years after?

Maybe I should explain that you really should know or research your facts before you blurt out a bunch of crap in a lame attempt to discredit someone.

Yawn.. happy hippie day...

I will be burning fossil fuels mowing my lawn and throwing the clippings in the trash... then I will probably drink a beer or 6 putting the cans in the very same trash... why?? Because things are what they are and a lot of the stuff the environmental wingers cling to is noting more than fear mongering hogwash

In other words, I will be a giant asshole today just because my ideology dictates it. Glad I'm not your neighbor. Jerk.

Conservatism as a philosophy used to include the concept of conserving the environment as Teddy Roosevelt's embrace of national parks and monuments makes clear. Nixon's EPA was and is an extension of that philosophy.

Unfortunately, today's conservatives seem to have some strange need to eschew or reject any idea if it's embraced by liberals in any way. Whether it's nature conservancy or the individual mandate, it seems to be the same story over and over again.

Frankly, it's kinda twisted. It reminds me of the kind of reaction a spurned lover might have to former interests like certain food or music he or she previously loved just because certain restaurants or musical bands remind them of a previous life. It makes a mockery of the concept of core beliefs if one has to check to see what the opposition believes in order to know what they themselves believe.

No one treats property as well as the owners of that property. The best stewards of nature are land owners - by a huge margin.

The green movement has no desire to preserve nature. The green movement seeks to end private property rights. The Yorba family owns thousands of acres of land in Orange/Riverside counties. They also gave thousands of acres to the Federal Government, which formed the Cleveland National Forrest.

The private and public lands sit next to each other. But while the Cleveland is full of graffiti sprayed rocks, dirty diapers and empty cerveza cans, the Yorba land is pristine. Now maybe you'll say "That's not fair, the Cleveland is full of illegals getting drunk every weekend who need to tag like a dog marking it's territory." But that's kind of the point, isn't it?

Apparently so.

Told you when you couldn't explain yourself you'd go personal. ROFL!

What have I not explained to you? Should I explain again how Aaron Spelling didn't start his production company until 2 year AFTER the first Earth Day, or that Dallas started 11 years after?

Maybe I should explain that you really should know or research your facts before you blurt out a bunch of crap in a lame attempt to discredit someone.

ROBERT OPPENHEIMER (1904-1967)
Led American entry into the atomic era witch his research into nuclear physics and supervision of the Los Alamos laboratories from their very beginnings.

Yawn.. happy hippie day...

I will be burning fossil fuels mowing my lawn and throwing the clippings in the trash... then I will probably drink a beer or 6 putting the cans in the very same trash... why?? Because things are what they are and a lot of the stuff the environmental wingers cling to is noting more than fear mongering hogwash

In other words, I will be a giant asshole today just because my ideology dictates it. Glad I'm not your neighbor. Jerk.

Yeah.. an enviro-nazi following forcing their ideological shit down everyone else's throats is not being a 'jerk'... :rolleyes: LMAO

You sound like the kid in class who, like everyone else, was assigned to read a book on nature and conservation written by the American author, Thoreau. But instead, you read a book on economics and class division by the German, Karl Marx. Then the next week you came to class and criticized everyone else for not knowing the meaning of the assigned reading material.

Well, okay then.

So, you contend that the "Green" movement is NOT an adjunct of the radical left? Shall we test your thesis? Because I contend that there is no distinction at all between the extreme left and the Greens. That the "Green" movement has one goal, the establishment of authoritarian leftism.

The difference is, I can support my position.

Actually, most Conservatives are environmentalists. I'm a hunter, a gardener and a property owner. Keeping the environment healthy for my children and my pursuits is in my best interests. Paying more taxes in order to fund development of hemp oil engines, horribly inefficient windmills, solar panel manufacturers who's focus is laundering money for Democratic electoral campaigns, is not.
Take PETA, for example. They are very vocal in their support of furry creatures, but all they really accomplish is publishing newsletters and self promotion. To date, their biggest benefit to society is a few photos of naked women protesting what they see as injustice to animals.

Taxes on my ammunition and firearms and license fees that I pay, actually do help manage deer herds and go to buy up land for habitat.

Forum List

Back