Earthquake in So. Cal.

S.J.

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2012
So. Cal.
Just felt it. Don't know where it was or how big it was but it sure did rock the place.

This one was different than the many I've experienced here. It was sort of a swaying type. Usually they bump or roll. This one made me dizzy. People were running outside for some reason, like that's gonna help. :lol:

This one was different than the many I've experienced here. It was sort of a swaying type. Usually they bump or roll. This one made me dizzy. People were running outside for some reason, like that's gonna help. :lol:

is that what people are told to do

i wouldnt know what to do

for sure

We had a rolling one some years ago (central calif). It was totally weird all right. Felt like a roller coaster...with the building swaying like at sea. I just held on to the door frame and rolled with it but I was scared shitless, too. It was STRONG.

for sure

Bathroom. That's where I usually go. All those pipes in there...reinforcement of the ceiling and walls. If I can't get to it in time...a doorframe will suffice. Also reinforced with cross beams.

for sure

Bathroom. That's where I usually go. All those pipes in there...reinforcement of the ceiling and walls. If I can't get to it in time...a doorframe will suffice. Also reinforced with cross beams.

thanks

first report says 5.3.... centered 1 mile east of la habra.
Yeah, that's about 40 miles from me. Sure is a weird feeling.

weird nothing...i love earthquakes.

was it a side to side... or an up an down??
Side to side. The water in the aquarium was sloshing back and forth. The thing is, you never get any warning, it just happens. By the time you realize what's going on, it's too late to do anything but ride it out and hope you're not right on top of the epicenter.

Yea, If you live in California don't run outside in an earthquake.

Stay inside where things hit your head making you nearly knocked out and wonder why your neighbors went outside. :doubt:

Yea, If you live in California don't run outside in an earthquake.

Stay inside where things hit your head making you nearly knocked out and wonder why your neighbors went outside. :doubt:
You obviously have never experienced an earthquake. By the time you run outside, it's already over. Got any more dumb comments?

I just got an email from a friend of mine in San Bernadino. She said it was a whopper of a roller. She said she ran to the door frame and stood there while her hubby headed to the bathroom doorway.

It's kinda weird, but yesterday, my windows were rattling something fierce but nothing was moving...and I have lots of suncatchers hanging there. Nothing swayed. Nothing moved. But my window was rattling like crazy. Hubby said " I bet an earthquake is gonna hit soon. Those were plates sliding". And sure nuff...today a rolly polly happened.

Forum List

Back