Earthquakes in Oklahoma

Fracking wasn't around when Oklahoma had a big earthquakes in 1918.
Russia doesn't Frack yet they are having Earthquakes.

Only in America and only from the radicall environmentalists do you get this shit.:D

That's the way of the far left in America in 2014......throw ANYTHING at the wall and hope it sticks. And for sure, there are enough zombies with their head in their i AmStoopidPhones every day that you can maybe pull this kind of nonsense off.:2up:

Linking earthquakes and fracking is the stoopidest thing Ive ever heard in my life.

Anybody who buys that is off the hook k00k.

No, there is a well known correlation between injecting water into fault zones and setting off small earthquakes. But, that's the point...the earthquakes are SMALL. There was a suggestion decades ago to inject millions of gallons of water to cause thousands of small earthquakes to relieve the pressure on the fault lines.

The thought being that it would prevent a big earthquake.

These morons warning us about earthquakes caused by fracking simply have no idea what they are bleating about. Small quakes are no big deal, and in fact help stave off big ones.

Linking earthquakes and fracking is the stoopidest thing Ive ever heard in my life.

No, there is a well known correlation between injecting water into fault zones and setting off small earthquakes. But, that's the point...the earthquakes are SMALL. There was a suggestion decades ago to inject millions of gallons of water to cause thousands of small earthquakes to relieve the pressure on the fault lines.

These morons warning us about earthquakes caused by fracking simply have no idea what they are bleating about. Small quakes are no big deal, and in fact help stave off big ones.

and they ignore the fact that ANY removal of material from a rock strata can lead to small earthquakes. When you remove oil and gas you remove pressure from the strata, that can lead to movement. The same applies to any time you remove water from an aquifer.

It's what alarmist do....take an acorn bouncing off their skulls and turn it into "the sky is falling".

Well those ignorant of geology would say something like that.

It would take 1,048,576 magnitude 2 quakes to release the energy of a magnitude 6 schools. 50 or 60 of those are not going to make a bit of differance to a fault primed for a 6+ quake.

Plate tectonics causes earthquakes. At one time in geological history the east coast was part of Africa. Anybody who tries to tell you that fracking causes earthquakes is a fool or a true believer who hates everything America has accomplished. When the great volcanic bubble in Yellowstone finally blows it's top you won't have to worry about the big OK.

It would take 1,048,576 magnitude 2 quakes to release the energy of a magnitude 6 schools. 50 or 60 of those are not going to make a bit of differance to a fault primed for a 6+ quake.

:lol::lol::lol: That's probably why nothing was ever done as a follow up moron. That's the diff between a internet wannabe like you and someone who actually WAS involved way back then.

Now, figure out how many 5.0's would be necessary to relieve the stress...and then figure out how much money would be expended repairing the damage from those quakes.

Plate tectonics causes earthquakes. At one time in geological history the east coast was part of Africa. Anybody who tries to tell you that fracking causes earthquakes is a fool or a true believer who hates everything America has accomplished. When the great volcanic bubble in Yellowstone finally blows it's top you won't have to worry about the big OK.

I hate to break it to you but you're simply wrong. Water into a fault zone is exactly the same as oil on the slide of a 1911....it makes it move easier.

thanks old crock, I laughed when I read this and saw that you are also an expert in geology. I am sure Moore was a student of yours.

Forum List

Back