Edward Snowden breaks silence, threatens new disclosures

depotoo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2012
Edward Snowden breaks silence to threaten new U.S. disclosures
Reuters – 20 mins ago
LONDON (Reuters) - Former U.S. spy agency contractor Edward Snowden has broken his silence for the first time since he fled to Moscow eight days ago to say he remains free to make new disclosures about U.S. spying activity.

In a letter to Ecuador seen by Reuters, Snowden said the United States was illegally persecuting him for revealing its electronic surveillance program, PRISM. He also thanked Ecuador for helping him get to Russia and for examining his asylum request.

(Reporting By Andrew Osborn; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
Edward Snowden breaks silence to threaten new U.S. disclosures

he he he he

Gads Snowden deserve a monument of his own.

Let's hear more.

Snowden applies for Russian asylum, Putin says stop harming U.S.
By Alexei Anishchuk and Lidia Kelly

MOSCOW | Mon Jul 1, 2013 5:04pm EDT

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Former U.S. spy agency contractor Edward Snowden has applied for political asylum in Russia, a Russian official said on Monday, but President Vladimir Putin said he was not welcome unless he stopped harming U.S. interests "as strange as that sounds coming from my lips".
Snowden applies for Russian asylum, Putin says stop harming U.S. | Reuters

strange

If he has so much damning evidence, why has he waited to use it?
How can you believe everything he says, since he acts like a coward on the run to any nation that is against us and would try anything to harm us.

If he has so much damning evidence, why has he waited to use it?
How can you believe everything he says, since he acts like a coward on the run to any nation that is against us and would try anything to harm us.

I believe he was hoping he would be treated as a whistleblower, possibly, but did plan for the possibility that would not happen (though, it appears he didn't prepare quite as much as he may have needed to). The fact his father has been trying to negotiate a deal for him makes me believe this.

If he hadn't run, he'd be as dead as Michael Hastings.

You don't think the government would have looked monumentally guilty if Snowden was assassinated? He would have gone someplace where there were plenty of witnesses.

How long before Edward Snowden follows in Vince Foster's footsteps? I give him a week until they find him dead with a bogus suicide note that we will be told he authored in distress.

I think Russia is realizing just what a mess his presence is creating. Good.
Traitors have no loyalty to anyone..and Putin knows this.

Russia is playing obama like a fiddle and Snowden is a bow.

I am just so glad to see this, really.

Forum List

Back